Lets look at Pellegrini

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: Lets look at Pellegrini

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Anderson is inconsistent, but he was brought in to create chances and score a few goals. He's doing both. If he played every game like today he'd be worth £140m.

Anderson for all his faults averages 2.1 key passes per game for us. No-one has done that since Payet.
For comparisons sake Feghouli has never done better than 1.5 and averages 1.0 his entire career. And our boy Lanzini has managed 1.5 over three seasons.
If Pellegrini can get a bit of consistency out of Anderson we could be in for a treat, if not we'll have to settle for him having a blinder every now and again.
4 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I think it's too early to say Anderson's failed. We're only 10 games into the season FFS, and in one or two of those games he's played decently. I'll judge him at the end of the season tbh.

I am so glad I posted that before today's game. Taking her indoors out for a meal tonight and Humble Pie will not be on the agenda. ;)

There are huge portions of the aforementioned "humble pie" to be consumed by many on here. Just a question of whether they would like custard or ice cream to wash it down :D :D :D
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:36 pm

I called him a puff fairy on more than one occasion . He manned up today and made himself part of the team with and without the ball.. Maybe noticing an 18 year old kid getting stuck in hit a home run who knows. Now he can see what the fans expect from him. Not magic every game but commitment!!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:38 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I am so glad I posted that before today's game. Taking her indoors out for a meal tonight and Humble Pie will not be on the agenda. ;)

There'll be no humble pie for me, my friend. I didn't say he'd failed, I said that he wouldn't be the first Brazilian to come to England from another league and fail.

That statement still stands, regardless of his performance yesterday ;)
1 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:27 pm

He didnt start too well yesterday... several groans reflected two poor passes in the first minute.

He's one of those players who thinks that once you get a goal you have credit in the bank to risk a failure or two...if the goal doesn't come he'll continue to play the safe ball back which,because it isnt the natural course will often go wrong.

I've never been too sure about the appellation "Confidence player" but he seems to be evidence of that being a fact.
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:46 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

There'll be no humble pie for me, my friend. I didn't say he'd failed, I said that he wouldn't be the first Brazilian to come to England from another league and fail.

That statement still stands, regardless of his performance yesterday ;)

??? Surely the first one has already been here, so on quite safe ground with that statement :) :)
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:27 am

On Anderson i stand by that he should have been dropped based on what I has seen from him before the Burnely game, but im not the manager. Anderson was seleced again and we saw a different player.

Now he just needs to keep it up, for one thing I would like him to go at players more.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 am

Shortshanks wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I am so glad I posted that before today's game. Taking her indoors out for a meal tonight and Humble Pie will not be on the agenda. ;)

There are huge portions of the aforementioned "humble pie" to be consumed by many on here. Just a question of whether they would like custard or ice cream to wash it down :D :D :D

Yep. Its not like anyone is quick to judge a player on here or anything.

Also thought that Snodgrass was good on Sat
3 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:53 pm

h69 wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:There are huge portions of the aforementioned "humble pie" to be consumed by many on here. Just a question of whether they would like custard or ice cream to wash it down :D :D :D

Yep. Its not like anyone is quick to judge a player on here or anything.

Also thought that Snodgrass was good on Sat

Snodgrass's attitude has been more impressive than his performances imo. He has looked a totally different player to the one we signed and who received a lot of clog from people here, including me. Credit to him.
3 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Anderson is inconsistent

Inconsistent or still finding his way in a different league that plays a very different style?
We're still only 10 games in.
I'll be more ready to label him inconsistent if we're still seeing this trend of "poor, poor, ok, excellent, poor......" in April next year.
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”