Lets look at Pellegrini

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: Lets look at Pellegrini

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:24 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Anderson is inconsistent

Inconsistent or still finding his way in a different league that plays a very different style?
We're still only 10 games in.
I'll be more ready to label him inconsistent if we're still seeing this trend of "poor, poor, ok, excellent, poor......" in April next year.

Bit of both I think, mate. In the old days players weren't expected to adapt to a new club, or league, in a dozen games. They'd be given a season, or even two.
Hopefully, with a run of games against bottom half teams coming along, there will be a little less pressure for him to deal with and he can build a bit of momentum.
As you say judgement should be reserved for the end of the season.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Being an open minded git as I am :D ... We are better then last year this time round under Pellegrini...

We started the season with tough teams and I believe we will even out as the season progresses and gel better. Hopefully start climbing the table. ;)

whufc_crest
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Noni wrote:Being an open minded git as I am :D ... We are better then last year this time round under Pellegrini...

We started the season with tough teams and I believe we will even out as the season progresses and gel better. Hopefully start climbing the table. ;)

whufc_crest

Actually..... :lol: ....after 10 matches points wise we were lower than the last 2 seasons, position wise we are higher. But I totally agree with you Noni, I am a lot more confident than the last 2 seasons. The last two seasons we got 17 points from 19 games in season 17/18 and a mammoth 22 points last season at the halfway point. This time round I would be looking at knocking on to the 30 pt mark.....hows that for optimism...and be out of the relegation battle by the end of Feb. This is going to be the first season for a long time, apart from Slavs freak season I am not worried about the chance of relegation.
1 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Whilst points/position etc are important , surely everyone is more proud and excited with the way we are playing. Points/position will come good and we will all want to watch our team again with anticipation if we continue to carry on with our improvement which must be obvious to everyone.
4 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:08 am

Shortshanks wrote:Whilst points/position etc are important , surely everyone is more proud and excited with the way we are playing. Points/position will come good and we will all want to watch our team again with anticipation if we continue to carry on with our improvement which must be obvious to everyone.

Position will always be the most important thing for supporters imo. Get relegated playing wonderful flowing football (unlikely I agree but hear me out) and there would be much knocker wetting, foot stamping and gnashing of teeth. Win the league a la Arsenal under George Graham and there would be unrestrained euphoria on the streets.

But I do like the way we have started to perform under Pellegrini. And just in case anyone should forget why the dwarf appointed him, here's a reminder. Forget the bit about under Par-dew. That was beer talk. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8395&p=147692&hilit=choice+Pellegrini#p147692
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 am

Shortshanks wrote:Whilst points/position etc are important , surely everyone is more proud and excited with the way we are playing. Points/position will come good and we will all want to watch our team again with anticipation if we continue to carry on with our improvement which must be obvious to everyone.

Well said Shorts,proud and excited is exactly how the Burnley game made me feel,ok a clean sheet would be nice now and again more for the defenders and Fabs deserved form than anything,let's hope this form continues.COYI
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 am

Absolutely.

We are in the front foot a lot more now and the days of 20% possession seem to be gone. Added to the fact that the young players are being used it's a lot better than before. I think there's still a lot wrong but it's so much better to watch.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:14 am

Gonzo wrote:

Absolutely.

We are in the front foot a lot more now and the days of 20% possession seem to be gone. Added to the fact that the young players are being used it's a lot better than before. I think there's still a lot wrong but it's so much better to watch.

I don't go to games any more but the things that are wrong, from what I hear, are things relating to the administration of the club rather than on the field. Playing wise I think we can see tangible progress and whilst there are still weaknesses we can be optimistic the same weaknesses have been noted by the coaching staff and will be addressed with a few timely ins and outs in the summer. Personally speaking I'd be happy if we binned the January window as nothing good usually comes from that. Just ask Alexis Sanchez.

It will be interesting to see if Pellegrini believes there are any more potential Dianganas in the Under 23's because I imagine, once safety is assured, he would like to see how they perform at the top level. Holland was one who seemed to be catching the eye at one point.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:03 am

I think in the long term you can only accumulate points and progress up the league by playing good attractive football i.e with movement and pace and with good players. I know teams and we are one of them have managed to stay up by playing boring defensive football but it's only short term as eventually all those teams seem to get relegated unless they have a change of direction.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Whiskyman wrote:

Position will always be the most important thing for supporters imo. Get relegated playing wonderful flowing football (unlikely I agree but hear me out) and there would be much knocker wetting, foot stamping and gnashing of teeth. Win the league a la Arsenal under George Graham and there would be unrestrained euphoria on the streets.

But I do like the way we have started to perform under Pellegrini. And just in case anyone should forget why the dwarf appointed him, here's a reminder. Forget the bit about under Par-dew. That was beer talk. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8395&p=147692&hilit=choice+Pellegrini#p147692

For me it’s about the entertainment and the quality of the football , and yes , regardless of the possibility of relegation.

There have been a few in my lifetime it’s nothing new or even shocking .

But to actually sit (whether it’s at the bowl or on your settee) and say to yourself “what a good game of football this is “ with a smile on your face , is to me what it’s all about .
So fuck Moyes and Allardyce and all those other dinocunts that earn their wages under false pretences .
I’m enjoying this season so far .

As a side note , to me , second to the entertainment is EFFORT .
And it was sadly missing at the Spuds cup game .

I hope the new Messiah has addressed it and I don’t have to suffer that again as it was shameful.
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Return to “Football Talk”