West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Postby punkrockhammer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:35 am

IronsForever wrote:Not many teams cut Burnely open like that

They do this season - they are a poor side

That’s 13 conceded in three games, although to be fair, they have played Chelsea and Man City in the previous two
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:12 am

Blimey that was a good game, excitement,stress and entertaining. Glad to see the team show some bollocks when being pegged back. We got a bit lucky has Wood had to lean back a bit for that header, other wise it goes in and not hitting the bar.

The Two important performances were Anderson and Grady.

Anderson 2 goals and looked far more confident going forward and even going back, but for me Grady Diaganna was my MOTM he kept it simple when needed, but blimey when he saw an opportunity to go at them he did with plenty of skill and swagger. One of the best performances from an inexperienced youngster I've ever seen. Only one game but for our club our fans and for him I so hope he can become a quality player in the future.

I said on here I think I'd like us to buy Wood as a substitute or a replacement if Arnie gets injured, his a decent striker 1 in 3 for a dull Burnley side I believe he could fit in MPs system.

This time next year we will be premier League winners, Rodney. COYI
1 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:35 am

Burnley are a poor team, and how they did so well last season is one of life's enigmas. I suppose it was because that squeaky voiced cunt of a manager organised them in a way he can't do this season.

We could have had double figures. But again we couldn't put a team away and it took a last gasp hurrah to seal the points.

But there were some great performances in attack. Our defence was gash though, something we've done well in of late. Gel the two together and it's the Champions League in 2 years I tell ya !
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:54 am

Dan wrote:I don't really post on here often, but thought my match day experience today may be relevant for other ST holders

At the end of the day I understand safety of the fans is most important, but I'm pretty pissed off the club didn't inform us about this before we turned up on match day and found our ST's not to be working.

That was jaw dropping Dan.

I cant believe the directive would not have allowed time for a notification to those affected, but even more bewildering that they wouldnt have a plan to accommodate those de-seated.

The game against Sp*rs saw a lot of standing in similar areas causing friction because the occupants were not the usual S/T holders, with little or no directions from Stewards.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Bloody game that one..... Done our very best to screw it up.... :lol:
Enjoy reading thru the posts next day on here takes me back..
5-2 anyway,how the f**k that wasn't given as a penalty (Grady)....don't come much clearer..
Great win love it,but Burnley are piss poor..

We made a few Defensive mistakes, big ones,the marking at the corner,for their 2nd was
terrible...gotta sort that...basic stuff.
Grady...what can you say,great performance...brilliant....another gem found...nice one.
TBH don't think it was any better than we have been playing...just that things went our way
for a Bloody change..

But Great game to watch enjoyed it,great day apart from walking half way across London
before the game..
Had some Brekkie at Borough Market Early....nice day so decided to walk along river over
Tower Bridge.....(thought was in Italy,Italian tourists everywhere) get train from Tower Hill,
got there it's closed....Shit,better leg it up to Aldgate...Shut...Bollocks.. the Met/Circle
district all down....didn't know....so up to Liverpool street....Bloody Knackered,had to have
a few beers in Dirty Dicks to recover... :lol:

Got in Early wanted to see Remembrance stuff...I'm a Member so sit in different seats every game
always get one first couple rows upstairs East Side..so got in was leaning against rail watching,
Some guys walk in one of em sits in the seat i thought was mine,let it go thought he'd move
when the game started was talking to his mates,so eventually said to him politely,think that's
my seat pal.....IT'S MY FUCKING SEAT...comes back at me,sorry bud must be a mistake,explained
how got I ticket....DONT GIVE A FUCK MATE....by this time his mates 3 of em are around me
seriously threatening,really aggressive...it's his FUCKING SEAT MATE...maybe we need a
steward help sort it out....DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT I AINT FUCKIN MOVING..
SAT HERE ALL FUCKIN YEAR ME...
Anywhere else, bloke that attitude....me and him are gonna have a little chat,lucky I
didn't,I was in the row behind..... :lol:

But what Horrible piece of shit that bloke was.....his mates weren't to bad saw the mistake
But this fucker deserves a slap West Ham or not......did rile him when I said you fuckin
sure your West Ham.....neck popping time.... :lol:
2 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:06 pm

What a Roller coaster that was !

Everyone played well..... In recent games everyone played well EXCEPT the wide attackers. With Anderson performing well and Grady getting the measure of this level we looked a complete team.

I reckon Pelle took a lot of time deciding whether to start Anderson instead of Chico..it did look the kind of game that would suit him and he was on a bit sharpish in the second half.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:38 pm

mkhammer wrote:Bloody game that one..... Done our very best to screw it up.... :lol:
Enjoy reading thru the posts next day on here takes me back..
5-2 anyway,how the f**k that wasn't given as a penalty (Grady)....don't come much clearer..
Great win love it,but Burnley are piss poor..

We made a few Defensive mistakes, big ones,the marking at the corner,for their 2nd was
terrible...gotta sort that...basic stuff.
Grady...what can you say,great performance...brilliant....another gem found...nice one.
TBH don't think it was any better than we have been playing...just that things went our way
for a Bloody change..

But Great game to watch enjoyed it,great day apart from walking half way across London
before the game..
Had some Brekkie at Borough Market Early....nice day so decided to walk along river over
Tower Bridge.....(thought was in Italy,Italian tourists everywhere) get train from Tower Hill,
got there it's closed....Shit,better leg it up to Aldgate...Shut...Bollocks.. the Met/Circle
district all down....didn't know....so up to Liverpool street....Bloody Knackered,had to have
a few beers in Dirty Dicks to recover... :lol:

Got in Early wanted to see Remembrance stuff...I'm a Member so sit in different seats every game
always get one first couple rows upstairs East Side..so got in was leaning against rail watching,
Some guys walk in one of em sits in the seat i thought was mine,let it go thought he'd move
when the game started was talking to his mates,so eventually said to him politely,think that's
my seat pal.....IT'S MY FUCKING SEAT...comes back at me,sorry bud must be a mistake,explained
how got I ticket....DONT GIVE A FUCK MATE....by this time his mates 3 of em are around me
seriously threatening,really aggressive...it's his FUCKING SEAT MATE...maybe we need a
steward help sort it out....DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT I AINT FUCKIN MOVING..
SAT HERE ALL FUCKIN YEAR ME...
Anywhere else, bloke that attitude....me and him are gonna have a little chat,lucky I
didn't,I was in the row behind..... :lol:

But what Horrible piece of shit that bloke was.....his mates weren't to bad saw the mistake
But this fucker deserves a slap West Ham or not......did rile him when I said you fuckin
sure your West Ham.....neck popping time.... :lol:

:lol:

Fucking Cockneys :lol:
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:24 pm

As some have said this is the sort of football we craved,if you want to be picky I suppose Balbuena should have taken Wood to mark instead of Snodders,but there were too many positives for that,a great all round performance by players who looked like they wanted to play for West Ham,and Diangana is a bonus,it's coming together nicely.COYI
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:Blimey that was a good game, excitement,stress and entertaining. Glad to see the team show some bollocks when being pegged back. We got a bit lucky has Wood had to lean back a bit for that header, other wise it goes in and not hitting the bar.

The Two important performances were Anderson and Grady.

Anderson 2 goals and looked far more confident going forward and even going back, but for me Grady Diaganna was my MOTM he kept it simple when needed, but blimey when he saw an opportunity to go at them he did with plenty of skill and swagger. One of the best performances from an inexperienced youngster I've ever seen. Only one game but for our club our fans and for him I so hope he can become a quality player in the future.

I said on here I think I'd like us to buy Wood as a substitute or a replacement if Arnie gets injured, his a decent striker 1 in 3 for a dull Burnley side I believe he could fit in MPs system.

This time next year we will be premier League winners, Rodney. COYI

What I liked about Diangana's performance was that when he took a whack (and how Tarkowski avoided a red for his foul during the build up to the 3rd goal beats me) it didn't phase him. I'm a bit reluctant to herald him as the next best thing because I can remember Zavon Hines bursting on the scene when he tore Jamie Carragher a new one, and where is he now ? But hopefully he'll keep his feet on the ground and build on his excellent start in the first team.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:27 pm

Can someone tell me why the West Ham players were wearing black armbands?

Also, why certain West Ham fans? wearing the shirts and gear were cheering when Burnley scored?..... :evil:

Plus, I loved seeing one fan wearing a flower pot on his head!!!! :lol:
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”