West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Postby andyginbrasil » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Noni wrote:Can someone tell me why the West Ham players were wearing black armbands?

Also, why certain West Ham fans? wearing the shirts and gear were cheering when Burnley scored?..... :evil:

Plus, I loved seeing one fan wearing a flower pot on his head!!!! :lol:

All PL teams wore them yesterday in respect for the Leicester FC owner......
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:01 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Noni wrote:Can someone tell me why the West Ham players were wearing black armbands?

Also, why certain West Ham fans? wearing the shirts and gear were cheering when Burnley scored?..... :evil:

Plus, I loved seeing one fan wearing a flower pot on his head!!!! :lol:

All PL teams wore them yesterday in respect for the Leicester FC owner......

Thanks!!....... :)
1 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Noni wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:All PL teams wore them yesterday in respect for the Leicester FC owner......

Thanks!!....... :)

As for the man with the flower pot on his head I think his name is Bill... or was it Ben
1 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:43 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
Lucky we've got VAR to sort these mistakes out... oh, wait a minute.

There were some very poor decisions in today's games, including ours. But for me the worst one was the disallowed Liverpool goal (Mane). I think we can all accept that referees and linesmen will make mistakes when they interpret whether or not a foul has been committed or whether or not someone was offside. But what is NOT acceptable is when a referee ot linesman doesn't know the fucking laws of the game. The lino in the Arsenal v Liverpool match clearly didn't understand the offside law. Wolves had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Spurs which would have made the score 1-2 had it stood. Fortunately the decision that we should have had didn't affect the result but the one in the game at The Emirates did and the one at Molineux may have done.

With regard to the Mane 'goal' here is where I disagree with the new rules because for me he was clearly interfering with play when standing in an offside position for the through ball. The reason for that view is that he was so close to the player who ran through to get the ball that he was clearly in the goalkeepers line of vision. As such he was offside. Having said, that, I do appreciate that is not what the rules state.
2 x
Flairon

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 am

Flairon wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
There were some very poor decisions in today's games, including ours. But for me the worst one was the disallowed Liverpool goal (Mane). I think we can all accept that referees and linesmen will make mistakes when they interpret whether or not a foul has been committed or whether or not someone was offside. But what is NOT acceptable is when a referee ot linesman doesn't know the fucking laws of the game. The lino in the Arsenal v Liverpool match clearly didn't understand the offside law. Wolves had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Spurs which would have made the score 1-2 had it stood. Fortunately the decision that we should have had didn't affect the result but the one in the game at The Emirates did and the one at Molineux may have done.

With regard to the Mane 'goal' here is where I disagree with the new rules because for me he was clearly interfering with play when standing in an offside position for the through ball. The reason for that view is that he was so close to the player who ran through to get the ball that he was clearly in the goalkeepers line of vision. As such he was offside. Having said, that, I do appreciate that is not what the rules state.

Which is pretty much my point. And it's not unreasonable to expect the officials in the league that trumpets itself as the best in the world to at the very least understand the laws of the game they are in charge of.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Flairon wrote:

Which is pretty much my point. And it's not unreasonable to expect the officials in the league that trumpets itself as the best in the world to at the very least understand the laws of the game they are in charge of.

I remember a saying once that went 'If he wasn't interfering with play, what was he doing on the pitch ?' and for me, although technically the Mane goal should have stood, it just looked wrong, and on this occasion the law is an ass.

First phase, second phase. All bollocks.

As for the other fuck-ups this weekend..... Diangana, as nailed-on a penalty as you'll ever see. The Wolves disallowed goal. Sol Bamba handling on the line.

Sky usually have Dermot Gallagher on today running the rule through contentious decisions. As an ex-ref, he's always an apologist for them.

It would be refreshing today if for once he admitted that the standard of officiating in this country, in the 'best league in the world' as we keep being told, has reached a new low, and for all the millions in the game has become an embarrassment.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 am

Stuart Pearce, at the game, was full of praise for the linesmans correct decision in a very complicated scenario.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:26 am

Mikeveep wrote:Stuart Pearce, at the game, was full of praise for the linesmans correct decision in a very complicated scenario.

The Arsenal game ?
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:57 am

At last , entertainment .

Congrats to all including Burnley who played their part .

But amidst all the ejaculating in the Levi’s lets not forget...

It was Burnley.
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 am

Newmarket wrote:At last , entertainment .

Congrats to all including Burnley who played their part .

But amidst all the ejaculating in the Levi’s lets not forget...

It was Burnley.

You are sounding like numbers:)

0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football Talk”