West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:53 am

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Which is pretty much my point. And it's not unreasonable to expect the officials in the league that trumpets itself as the best in the world to at the very least understand the laws of the game they are in charge of.

I remember a saying once that went 'If he wasn't interfering with play, what was he doing on the pitch ?' and for me, although technically the Mane goal should have stood, it just looked wrong, and on this occasion the law is an ass.

First phase, second phase. All bollocks.

As for the other fuck-ups this weekend..... Diangana, as nailed-on a penalty as you'll ever see. The Wolves disallowed goal. Sol Bamba handling on the line.

Sky usually have Dermot Gallagher on today running the rule through contentious decisions. As an ex-ref, he's always an apologist for them.

It would be refreshing today if for once he admitted that the standard of officiating in this country, in the 'best league in the world' as we keep being told, has reached a new low, and for all the millions in the game has become an embarrassment.

Very true imo. I was pleased Sunday morning though. My Under 16's were reffed by a kid who looked younger than them. And he was bloody excellent. Must be very difficult for a kid his age refereeing his peers. I've written a brief letter to the Herts F A commending him and suggesting they encourage him to go further.

The first time I have ever had anything complementary to say about the F A that was. ;) Sad thing is he'll probably get "promoted" into some crap Sunday pub league, get dog's abuse and think "fuck this for a game of soldiers", and take up another hobby.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Postby eastcoastclaret » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 am

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote:I remember a saying once that went 'If he wasn't interfering with play, what was he doing on the pitch ?' and for me, although technically the Mane goal should have stood, it just looked wrong, and on this occasion the law is an ass.

First phase, second phase. All bollocks.

As for the other fuck-ups this weekend..... Diangana, as nailed-on a penalty as you'll ever see. The Wolves disallowed goal. Sol Bamba handling on the line.

Sky usually have Dermot Gallagher on today running the rule through contentious decisions. As an ex-ref, he's always an apologist for them.

It would be refreshing today if for once he admitted that the standard of officiating in this country, in the 'best league in the world' as we keep being told, has reached a new low, and for all the millions in the game has become an embarrassment.

Very true imo. I was pleased Sunday morning though. My Under 16's were reffed by a kid who looked younger than them. And he was bloody excellent. Must be very difficult for a kid his age refereeing his peers. I've written a brief letter to the Herts F A commending him and suggesting they encourage him to go further.

The first time I have ever had anything complementary to say about the F A that was. ;) Sad thing is he'll probably get "promoted" into some crap Sunday pub league, get dog's abuse and think "fuck this for a game of soldiers", and take up another hobby.

Very true Whiskey, but sadly it won’t be just him that thinks that, it will be many other good refs too, till the only ones that make it through are insensitive, rule book following, machine minded refs that that we see today. Case in point the ref at the Cardiff v Leicester game who booked the goal scorer for taking his shirt off to display the memorial message. There cannot be one single solitary footballing person at any club nationwide, from premier to kids under 8’s who didn’t know what that meant to the whole club but there he is pulling out a yellow because that’s ‘ the rules’. Truth is if he didn’t book him he would have been up in front of a disaplinary panel having to defend himself and will find himself back in the lower leagues. Fucking sad. We are all going to hell in a hand cart I tell you...
1 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:32 am

Flairon wrote:How on earth was that not a penalty.

Even Sean Dyche was angry it was not given !!!!
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 am

Mikeveep wrote:What a Roller coaster that was !

Everyone played well..... In recent games everyone played well EXCEPT the wide attackers. With Anderson performing well and Grady getting the measure of this level we looked a complete team.

I reckon Pelle took a lot of time deciding whether to start Anderson instead of Chico..it did look the kind of game that would suit him and he was on a bit sharpish in the second half.

In my opinion, it is superb having Snodgrass and his work rate in midfield doing the dirty work so that Grady can use his pace and run at them and Anderson and Arnie can run riot up front. We looked like a team today with everyone given a clear role.

Long may it continue.
3 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:32 pm

h69 wrote:
Flairon wrote:How on earth was that not a penalty.

If it had been that diving cunt Zaha the ref would have given two penalties.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

brookingslovechild

Postby brookingslovechild » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:51 pm

palerider wrote:
h69 wrote:

If it had been that diving cunt Zaha the ref would have given two penalties.

i like the fact that the lad didnt make a meal of it (obviously at the time i was screaming like a frickin banshee) but a poor decision like that could have cost us dearly.

someone mentioned on another thread that we dont get a lot of luck and other than andersons 2nd goal taking a wicked deflection i tend to agree. over the years i have become used to not getting the rub of the green (in my claret tinted view of course) but just once (or twice if you like) i would love to see more deflections, own goals, blatant offside goals,penalties, 89th minute winners and general bad stuff for the opposition happening for us. I reckon as a long suffering fan ive earned it :)

i will of course swap this for another impressive performance against 'uddersfield and a tidy 3 points before our usual drubbing at citeh.
1 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:35 pm

h69 wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:What a Roller coaster that was !

Everyone played well..... In recent games everyone played well EXCEPT the wide attackers. With Anderson performing well and Grady getting the measure of this level we looked a complete team.

I reckon Pelle took a lot of time deciding whether to start Anderson instead of Chico..it did look the kind of game that would suit him and he was on a bit sharpish in the second half.

In my opinion, it is superb having Snodgrass and his work rate in midfield doing the dirty work so that Grady can use his pace and run at them and Anderson and Arnie can run riot up front. We looked like a team today with everyone given a clear role.

Long may it continue.

Snodgrass is a weird one this season. We got him in as a creative player, a job he is superb at at the lower level, but he's getting in the team for his commitment and workrate in the middle of the park.
I'd like to see Pellegrini getting a bit of deserved praise for giving a player most of us had written off a new lease of life.
4 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:44 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
palerider wrote:If it had been that diving cunt Zaha the ref would have given two penalties.

i like the fact that the lad didnt make a meal of it (obviously at the time i was screaming like a frickin banshee) but a poor decision like that could have cost us dearly.

someone mentioned on another thread that we dont get a lot of luck and other than andersons 2nd goal taking a wicked deflection i tend to agree. over the years i have become used to not getting the rub of the green (in my claret tinted view of course) but just once (or twice if you like) i would love to see more deflections, own goals, blatant offside goals,penalties, 89th minute winners and general bad stuff for the opposition happening for us. I reckon as a long suffering fan ive earned it :)

i will of course swap this for another impressive performance against 'uddersfield and a tidy 3 points before our usual drubbing at citeh.

I wasn't at the game but Merson said Arnie got a yellow for complaining about the lack of a penalty ?

I suppose one saving grace is that East played advantage for our second but the challenge on the young lad being classed as the same punishment for moaning about a stonewall decision turned down ?

Fucking outrageous.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Tough to be critical of Diop, given what a rock he's been at the back. But after horribly misjudging a header that lead to their first goal, he had a couple of other howlers on balls over the top on Saturday. Haven't noticed this to be a problem with his game in past weeks, so hope it was just a bad day in the air for the fella, but every time he botched one, it put the other defenders in a bind chasing that 2nd ball given the high line we play.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
h69 wrote:

Long may it continue.

Snodgrass is a weird one this season. We got him in as a creative player, a job he is superb at at the lower level, but he's getting in the team for his commitment and workrate in the middle of the park.
I'd like to see Pellegrini getting a bit of deserved praise for giving a player most of us had written off a new lease of life.

Completely wasted by Bilic who could not see what he brought to the team. His work rate frees up the attacking players. You have to have a player like him to accommodate players like Anderson.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”