The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Chat about anything football related here!

Should Rooney Captain England vs USA in November

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:32 am

No - it devalues the shirt and the team
6
19%
No - he shouldn't be anywhere near and England squad now as there are so many better options
4
13%
Yes - let him lead us out, he deserves the gesture
4
13%
No - but let him come on as a sub as a final cameo
6
19%
No - sack whoever in the FA who came up with the idea or sanctioned it
8
26%
None - couldn't care less what England do
3
10%
 
Total votes: 31

User avatar
Pennywise
Posts: 2028
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 am

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby Pennywise » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't get why people are getting so hot under the collar about it. I'm in no way agreeing with it, but at the end of the day, it's for charity, the charity in question is his charity and it's a fucking friendly.

Way more stuff to get annoyed about, Whisky being from Highgate for a start; you fucking Rupert :lol:
0 x

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1329
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby jameskel » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:01 pm

:D :D

People don't have much to worry about, do they?

Its a charity game, he has been capped 119 for his country and served the team well

You may not like him, but at his best, was a fantastic player.
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:45 pm

h69 wrote:
dorsetdano wrote:According to the Beeb Rooney is going to captain England in one last international versus the USA in November. What a joke, I checked the calendar and it isn't April1. The world has gone mad and Southgate shouldn't bow to this piece of rampant celebrity celebrating/commercialism because it's the USA that we're playing. I thought/hoped that all this celebrity rubbish finished when Beckham finally exited the football scene, but apparently not!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46089205


He is playing because it is a charity match and some of the money is going to his foundation, some to the NSPCC. I have no issue with this. I think it is a good thing. Why shouldnt the England team try and give something back for once ?


Possibly because this is billed as an international match, not a charity event, and prior to this announcement presumably there were some people who bought tickets to watch on the basis it was an international match. We can argue long into the night as to why on earth people part with good money to watch these "friendly" internationals, but that is another issue. The fact is some people do and if they are sold a ticket on the basis that they are going to be watching a serious game of football that is what they should expect to see.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Pennywise wrote:I don't get why people are getting so hot under the collar about it. I'm in no way agreeing with it, but at the end of the day, it's for charity, the charity in question is his charity and it's a fucking friendly.

Way more stuff to get annoyed about, Whisky being from Highgate for a start; you fucking Rupert :lol:



I'm not. One of my nans is buried there. And it's not Rupert it's Nigel. OK. ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby terrya1965 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
He is playing because it is a charity match and some of the money is going to his foundation, some to the NSPCC. I have no issue with this. I think it is a good thing. Why shouldnt the England team try and give something back for once ?


Possibly because this is billed as an international match, not a charity event, and prior to this announcement presumably there were some people who bought tickets to watch on the basis it was an international match. We can argue long into the night as to why on earth people part with good money to watch these "friendly" internationals, but that is another issue. The fact is some people do and if they are sold a ticket on the basis that they are going to be watching a serious game of football that is what they should expect to see.


goodpost:)
0 x

User avatar
Dwayne Pipes
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:44 pm

A Large chunk of the proceeds will be going to Age Concern the scouse gimps favorite charity.
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2863
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby h69 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
He is playing because it is a charity match and some of the money is going to his foundation, some to the NSPCC. I have no issue with this. I think it is a good thing. Why shouldnt the England team try and give something back for once ?


Possibly because this is billed as an international match, not a charity event, and prior to this announcement presumably there were some people who bought tickets to watch on the basis it was an international match. We can argue long into the night as to why on earth people part with good money to watch these "friendly" internationals, but that is another issue. The fact is some people do and if they are sold a ticket on the basis that they are going to be watching a serious game of football that is what they should expect to see.


Fuck 'em. No friendly is a serious game of football but this does some good for charity. People need to lighten up !
0 x

User avatar
Dolfo
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby Dolfo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:20 am

It devalues the England cap, simple.

Agree he did well for England during his career but some youngster is missing out as a result of him playing. My main memory of him is bitching and moaning at the fans in South Africa so personally I think he can fucking do one.

If the FA want people to take international football seriously then stop treating it like a charity and demeaning so-called "friendly" games even further.
1 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 am

Dolfo wrote:It devalues the England cap, simple.

Agree he did well for England during his career but some youngster is missing out as a result of him playing. My main memory of him is bitching and moaning at the fans in South Africa so personally I think he can fucking do one.

If the FA want people to take international football seriously then stop treating it like a charity and demeaning so-called "friendly" games even further.


I've always thought caps should only be awarded for competitive games tbh. After all players' club stats don't include appearances & goals in friendlies or testimonials.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1329
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby jameskel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 am

Fuck me, this site has some bellyachers on it (and cunts)

Can we all guess which one Dolfo is? :D
0 x
Taans can fuck right off


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests