The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Chat about anything football related here!

Should Rooney Captain England vs USA in November

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:32 am

No - it devalues the shirt and the team
19%
No - he shouldn't be anywhere near and England squad now as there are so many better options
13%
Yes - let him lead us out, he deserves the gesture
13%
No - but let him come on as a sub as a final cameo
19%
No - sack whoever in the FA who came up with the idea or sanctioned it
26%
None - couldn't care less what England do
10%

Total votes: 31

terrya1965

Re: The England Football Team - a new low! Poll

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:03 pm

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Possibly because this is billed as an international match, not a charity event, and prior to this announcement presumably there were some people who bought tickets to watch on the basis it was an international match. We can argue long into the night as to why on earth people part with good money to watch these "friendly" internationals, but that is another issue. The fact is some people do and if they are sold a ticket on the basis that they are going to be watching a serious game of football that is what they should expect to see.

Fuck 'em. No friendly is a serious game of football but this does some good for charity. People need to lighten up !

Sorry mate,I can`t agree.

Representing your country is the pinnacle in football.The FA are making us a laughing stock.You are also setting a precedent here.Maybe Beckham will be next?Maybe Hursty could come out of retirement,after all,he is a REAL hero.The ONLY player to score a Hat-trick in a World Cup Final and win it.Not some c*nt who has won f*ck all for his country and hasn`t even got near to winning one unlike,the boys of 90,96 and this year.

What actually winds me up even more is that Rooney is probably worth a £100 million.Why don`t he just stick his own hand in his pocket instead of relying on the public.We are good in this country at doing this while the Celebrities preach and the majority don`t even pay their proper taxes?

If Rooney wants to do a match for his charity,he could wait till the end of the season in this country and play any XI v another XI at Wembley.Fans will turn up still,especially on a weekend when we have hardly no football.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:48 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:
Fuck 'em. No friendly is a serious game of football but this does some good for charity. People need to lighten up !

Representing your country is the pinnacle in football.The FA are making us a laughing stock.You are also setting a precedent here.Maybe Beckham will be next?Maybe Hursty could come out of retirement,after all,he is a REAL hero.The ONLY player to score a Hat-trick in a World Cup Final and win it.Not some c*nt who has won f*ck all for his country and hasn`t even got near to winning one unlike,the boys of 90,96 and this year.

What actually winds me up even more is that Rooney is probably worth a £100 million.Why don`t he just stick his own hand in his pocket instead of relying on the public.We are good in this country at doing this while the Celebrities preach and the majority don`t even pay their proper taxes?

If Rooney wants to do a match for his charity,he could wait till the end of the season in this country and play any XI v another XI at Wembley.Fans will turn up still,especially on a weekend when we have hardly no football.

Mr Wayne is doing it for prestige and money and the FA are doing it for money - so basically both for money.
Bit like the "Bohemian Rahpsody" film which is just for art and nostaligic appreciation...
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:00 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:

Terry. It was never Rooneys idea 'to do a match for charity' for fuck's sake.

The FA decided to do a game for charity. They invited a couple of charities to be the recipients. One was Rooneys and they then asked him to appear in it.

Its a bit sad when fans object to it. If a fan has bought a ticket and is now upset it is a charity game then too fucking bad. It is better than it being a pointless friendly and at least some needy kids get some money at Christmas time.

As for the timing. It is just before Christmas. A lot of charity stuff is.

And by the way, I think you should do a bit of investigation on how much money Rooney gives to this foundation...I think you would be shocked.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Why not England caps are pretty easy to come by nowadays,and to be a sub would be recognition of his input,but how many have missed this courtesy,many better than shrek. COYI
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 pm

h69 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

The FA decided to do a game for charity. They invited a couple of charities to be the recipients. One was Rooneys and they then asked him to appear in it.

Its a bit sad when fans object to it. If a fan has bought a ticket and is now upset it is a charity game then too fucking bad. It is better than it being a pointless friendly and at least some needy kids get some money at Christmas time.

And by the way, I think you should do a bit of investigation on how much money Rooney gives to this foundation...I think you would be shocked.

Probably the first time we have disagreed on anything football wise h tbh.We have similar views,so I am quite surprised by this comment.

I don`t care whose idea it was,it`s unconventional,unprofessional and against the grain of normality.Whose ever idea it was needs to be crucified.

Next year we will be having a friendly,giving the highest bidder a game.Bloody idiotic FA.Just nonsense IMO.
Sorry h,this subject really winds me up.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Let’s not forget .

It was only Burnley .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 pm

h69 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Far be it from me to mark the Daily Mail as a paragon of journalistic integrity or accuracy. However they do seem to believe the charity in question will not be favoured by any donation from the F A. Which is what they will officially receive. F A that is. Hardly surprising as F A is precisely what the organisation supposedly running our national game has done to benefit it for many years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 am

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:

Probably the first time we have disagreed on anything football wise h tbh.We have similar views,so I am quite surprised by this comment.

I don`t care whose idea it was,it`s unconventional,unprofessional and against the grain of normality.Whose ever idea it was needs to be crucified.

Next year we will be having a friendly,giving the highest bidder a game.Bloody idiotic FA.Just nonsense IMO.

Crucify someone for organising a charity match before Christmas.....Ok Terry !

I would agree with you if it was a commercial operation for the FA...a bit like, oh wait, every other friendly ever played that noone seems to care about
But in this case it is a game played for charity. I have no issue with it. If the money does not get to his foundation, I will be the first to get angry but any charity work should be applauded and while I am no fan of the great balding scouser, I do believe that Rooney has given a lot to charity and I applaud that.

Were you offended by the poppy on the pitch last Saturday ? Did it get in the way of your prematch buildup ?

Shame on charity to get in the way of tradition. As for the Daily Mail, its the Daily Mail.
0 x

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 am

h69 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

I would agree with you if it was a commercial operation for the FA...a bit like, oh wait, every other friendly ever played that noone seems to care about
But in this case it is a game played for charity. I have no issue with it. If the money does not get to his foundation, I will be the first to get angry but any charity work should be applauded and while I am no fan of the great balding scouser, I do believe that Rooney has given a lot to charity and I applaud that.

Were you offended by the poppy on the pitch last Saturday ? Did it get in the way of your prematch buildup ?

Shame on charity to get in the way of tradition. As for the Daily Mail, its the Daily Mail.

The FA have stated categorically that none of the money raised from gate receipts will go to Rooney's charity. The whole thing is turning into a real mess.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:05 am

dorsetdano wrote:
h69 wrote:

The FA have stated categorically that none of the money raised from gate receipts will go to Rooney's charity. The whole thing is turning into a real mess.

They never do. The game is dedicated to his charity and about awareness and the money raised in the charity events during before and after the game. They did it before in 2016 *see below* here so my point is that I dont understand what makes this so different. What, because Rooney will play an hour ? At least this friendly will mean somethimng more than most other friendlies

Press Association Sport understands conversations as to the final arrangements are still ongoing but that the approach will sit similar to other charitable friendly matches, such as the Breast Cancer Care International against Holland in 2016.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”