Masuaku & Anderson

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Masuaku & Anderson

Postby h69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 pm

mkhammer wrote:
h69 wrote:
You always replace a midfield player with a second striker when it is obvious that the other two (Snods and Rice) are able to handle the opposition midfield on their own. The only reason we conceded was that we played a high line and the defenders got caught out after having little to do. Other than that, our midfield dominated.

In my opinion, I would rather have Snodgrass and Rice do the workhorse stuff and Snodgrass put in the dead balls leaving Anderson, Diangana and Arnie to make the clever runs. Grady has serious pace to burn so is a joy to watch and should be easy to find by the others once he has played a few more. He just looked a bit scared to shoot sometimes in case he made a mess of it. Once he scores a couple and gets a bit more confident, I think he will terrorise defences.

Nah seeing it different H,Snod was playing well advanced,practically a 10,left us with Rice and
Obiang....It becomes almost a 4-2-4 when you do that...we're on top admittedly,but game was
far from won...then 30 mins left takes Obiang off for Chico,I know his options are Screwed now,
but it's not as if Snod dropped back to Obi s role a bit deeper,Rice was Left pretty much on his
own.....fair dues worked against a very poor Burnley side,do that against most of the PL and
you'll be hung drawn and quartered,and he has done similar in the past..just 2 in middle
Playing Jack and Sanchez together as the MF....No chance...
I just feel he disregards the Importance of the MF at times....strange thing to say I know,given
who he is.....but it's just what I'm seeing

Rice was left on his own because Burnleys MF was overrun and didnt need anyone else.
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Maybe now we have got over the bedding in period we could revert back to a back 3 with wing backs.
Rice could link up with Diop and Balbuena in defense and HE would bring the ball out.
In the middle we could have Jack, Obiang and Snod. Offensive Diagrana, Arnie and Anderson.
Fredericks and Masuaku as wing backs. That would give us a balanced attacking threat on both flanks with Fredericks pace alongside the youngster. The defense would be stronger. Jack would appreciate another player in the middle to give him more space to pull the strings around the center circle.
System looks solid at the moment but there are options to be exploited also!

I`ve always preferred a back 3 to a flat back 4 but Pellegrini has nearly always gone with a 4. In any case I can`t see any plus side to switching Rice into a back 3. His performances in the centre of the park have shown his qualities and taking him out of that position would leave us much weaker imo. In any case I`ll be very surprised if Wilshere is seen again before the New Year and with Sanchez also out long term we are very short of options in what is a very important area of the pitch.

Deffo agree with you about Rice, but with Lanzini back and Whilshire that would be an option we could go down. Rice would also be the central defender that brings the ball out and sometimes sits in front of Diop and Balbuena like an old fashioned sweeper. His attributes would be used to start moves off and incept runners that get space inbetween the defense and Midfield. Here is what i am thinking.

......................................................................Flappy..........................................
..............................................Diop................................Balbuena.......................
...Fredericks................................................Rice.........................................Masuaku.
............................Lanzini.................................................Whilshire.....................
....Diagrana.....................................................Arnie...................................Anderson.

Not sure that would be a better system with Fred and Arthur as wing backs but it does seem potent with Jack, Lanzini and the 3 offensive ahead.
The pace down the right and left flanks is interchangeable.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:48 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I`ve always preferred a back 3 to a flat back 4 but Pellegrini has nearly always gone with a 4. In any case I can`t see any plus side to switching Rice into a back 3. His performances in the centre of the park have shown his qualities and taking him out of that position would leave us much weaker imo. In any case I`ll be very surprised if Wilshere is seen again before the New Year and with Sanchez also out long term we are very short of options in what is a very important area of the pitch.

Deffo agree with you about Rice, but with Lanzini back and Whilshire that would be an option we could go down. Rice would also be the central defender that brings the ball out and sometimes sits in front of Diop and Balbuena like an old fashioned sweeper. His attributes would be used to start moves off and incept runners that get space inbetween the defense and Midfield. Here is what i am thinking.

......................................................................Flappy..........................................
..............................................Diop................................Balbuena.......................
...Fredericks................................................Rice.........................................Masuaku.
............................Lanzini.................................................Whilshire.....................
....Diagrana.....................................................Arnie...................................Anderson.

Not sure that would be a better system with Fred and Arthur as wing backs but it does seem potent with Jack, Lanzini and the 3 offensive ahead.

Good points. In fact you are echoing the FA's coaching mantra. When I took my coaching badge courses many years ago the suggestion was to play the kids with the best skills at the back for the very reasons you say.

But, and there's always a but, I don't think we'll be seeing Lanzini this season and I'm not sure how many appearances Wilshere will manage tbh. But, on the other hand, there's a transfer window not too far off.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:14 am

Whiskyman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

Good points. In fact you are echoing the FA's coaching mantra. When I took my coaching badge courses many years ago the suggestion was to play the kids with the best skills at the back for the very reasons you say.

But, and there's always a but, I don't think we'll be seeing Lanzini this season and I'm not sure how many appearances Wilshere will manage tbh. But, on the other hand, there's a transfer window not too far off.

The thought of 3 offensive with 2 decent creative mid players sitting behind and a quality Anchor man behind them can open a door we haven't seen since the final year at Upton. As you say though, in all probability that could happen next season.
Sounds " adventurous " but we haven't had a solid central defense for a while to exploit that avenue . With Diop and Balbuena improving all the time and unlimited potential Rice in front of them, its a strong possibility with Pellegrini.
For me that would be the next level !! And it's not that far away!!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:19 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

If that system worked with those players I would be over the moon , but I cannot see it working with Wilshire playing ( if he is even fit)he just doesnt offer anything , would prefer to see Anderson there ( or getting Ruben Loftus Cheek that would be something but would prefer a permanent deal rather then a loan ). Same with Masuaku out there , just dont think he has what it takes to to play as a wing back , not denying he goes past players but he offers nothing in the final third or defensively , have seen more from Fredericks so still think we need a LWB .
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Clayton wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

If that system worked with those players I would be over the moon , but I cannot see it working with Wilshire playing ( if he is even fit)he just doesnt offer anything , would prefer to see Anderson there ( or getting Ruben Loftus Cheek that would be something but would prefer a permanent deal rather then a loan ). Same with Masuaku out there , just dont think he has what it takes to to play as a wing back , not denying he goes past players but he offers nothing in the final third or defensively , have seen more from Fredericks so still think we need a LWB .

Reuben Loftus-Cheek would be some signing if we could pull it off. But I suspect if he does leave Chelsea he could be joining the exodus to Germany as I don't see him getting regular football for and of our European qualifying teams apart from Arsenal & Spurs and I doubt if Chelsea would sell him to either of them for obvious reasons.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”