Masuaku & Anderson

Chat about anything football related here!
Baddowhammer

Re: Masuaku & Anderson

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:53 am

thomasswe wrote:Arthur is a great wing back, probably a decent winger and not that great of a left back.

As for Cresswell he arguably should have prevented Burnleys second goal had he stoof at his post, he also is prone to play crap passes that end up as chances for the oppoding team, but is likely a more dependable left back due to berrer posituonal sense, at least judging from both players recent performances.

Surely their second goal came from a mismatch between Snodders and Wood,when Wood came on it was for set pieces perhaps Balbuena should have taken the job of marking him.COYI
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:50 am

Thing with Anderson is he's often looking for that killer ball,the defence splitter,or a quick
edge of the box 1-2,no ones quite on his wave length,not reacting quick enough,and just not
enough movement from the guys in MF,not Rices job,but Obiang,and much as I like Snods workrate,
they need to make some clever runs off the ball,cant rely on Arnie making them,need more
options.
You watch Silva at City,similar role...the movement he has around him...think if Anderson was
there you'd see a much better player.

Should be an Ideal match,Him and Massa,reckon it'll come good....as Much as Peller lines up
as a flat 4....he still considers his FBs as WBs......so maybe for him Massa would edge it over
Cress,but your so reliant on a organised MF for this to work,so lucky we have Rice,only 19
but he's allowing this team to play...been outstanding.....we really need Obiang to step up
at the moment....need a MOTM performance from him,not just the average stuff he's giving us.
Says a lot when you can replace him with an out and out striker (Chico) with game in the balance
and not even miss him.......Gotta admit buried my head in my hands..WTF Peller...
Shows how much I know... :lol:
But still reckon reckon I'm right...have to many players forward of the ball to often..
Cracking Defence now but still let side a poor side like Burnley have a go at us and concede
2 goals against them.....it all about the MF.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:00 am

mkhammer wrote:Thing with Anderson is he's often looking for that killer ball,the defence splitter,or a quick
edge of the box 1-2,no ones quite on his wave length,not reacting quick enough,and just not
enough movement from the guys in MF,not Rices job,but Obiang,and much as I like Snods workrate,
they need to make some clever runs off the ball,cant rely on Arnie making them,need more
options.
You watch Silva at City,similar role...the movement he has around him...think if Anderson was

Should be an Ideal match,Him and Massa,reckon it'll come good....as Much as Peller lines up
as a flat 4....he still considers his FBs as WBs......so maybe for him Massa would edge it over
Cress,but your so reliant on a organised MF for this to work,so lucky we have Rice,only 19
but he's allowing this team to play...been outstanding.....we really need Obiang to step up
at the moment....need a MOTM performance from him,not just the average stuff he's giving us.
Says a lot when you can replace him with an out and out striker (Chico) with game in the balance
and not even miss him.......Gotta admit buried my head in my hands..WTF Peller...
But still reckon reckon I'm right...have to many players forward of the ball to often..
Cracking Defence now but still let side a poor side like Burnley have a go at us and concede

You always replace a midfield player with a second striker when it is obvious that the other two (Snods and Rice) are able to handle the opposition midfield on their own. The only reason we conceded was that we played a high line and the defenders got caught out after having little to do. Other than that, our midfield dominated.

In my opinion, I would rather have Snodgrass and Rice do the workhorse stuff and Snodgrass put in the dead balls leaving Anderson, Diangana and Arnie to make the clever runs. Grady has serious pace to burn so is a joy to watch and should be easy to find by the others once he has played a few more. He just looked a bit scared to shoot sometimes in case he made a mess of it. Once he scores a couple and gets a bit more confident, I think he will terrorise defences.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:13 am

h69 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Thing with Anderson is he's often looking for that killer ball,the defence splitter,or a quick
options.

You always replace a midfield player with a second striker when it is obvious that the other two (Snods and Rice) are able to handle the opposition midfield on their own. The only reason we conceded was that we played a high line and the defenders got caught out after having little to do. Other than that, our midfield dominated.

In my opinion, I would rather have Snodgrass and Rice do the workhorse stuff and Snodgrass put in the dead balls leaving Anderson, Diangana and Arnie to make the clever runs. Grady has serious pace to burn so is a joy to watch and should be easy to find by the others once he has played a few more. He just looked a bit scared to shoot sometimes in case he made a mess of it. Once he scores a couple and gets a bit more confident, I think he will terrorise defences.

Agreed about the last part and the same applies to Rice to some extent, allow yourself to have a go at goal!
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:21 am

h69 wrote:
options.

Nah seeing it different H,Snod was playing well advanced,practically a 10,left us with Rice and
Obiang....It becomes almost a 4-2-4 when you do that...we're on top admittedly,but game was
far from won...then 30 mins left takes Obiang off for Chico,I know his options are Screwed now,
but it's not as if Snod dropped back to Obi s role a bit deeper,Rice was Left pretty much on his
own.....fair dues worked against a very poor Burnley side,do that against most of the PL and
you'll be hung drawn and quartered,and he has done similar in the past..just 2 in middle
Playing Jack and Sanchez together as the MF....No chance...
I just feel he disregards the Importance of the MF at times....strange thing to say I know,given
who he is.....but it's just what I'm seeing
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:37 am

Maybe now we have got over the bedding in period we could revert back to a back 3 with wing backs.
Rice could link up with Diop and Balbuena in defense and HE would bring the ball out.
In the middle we could have Jack, Obiang and Snod. Offensive Diagrana, Arnie and Anderson.
Fredericks and Masuaku as wing backs. That would give us a balanced attacking threat on both flanks with Fredericks pace alongside the youngster. The defense would be stronger. Jack would appreciate another player in the middle to give him more space to pull the strings around the center circle.
System looks solid at the moment but there are options to be exploited also!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:43 am

He's had some o.k games...but this was the first mom contender game.

Might be because a) He scored a goal (through gk's legs.. does that not count as lucky? ) giving him confidence.

......................b) Defense was coping adequately without him

......................c)Allowed to get those two excellent curling shots in by an unprepared defense.

One swallow and all that...too soon to judge. But great to see the potential.
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am

Masuaku will be very much second choice by Xmas is my guess.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:16 pm

IronsForever wrote:Maybe now we have got over the bedding in period we could revert back to a back 3 with wing backs.
Rice could link up with Diop and Balbuena in defense and HE would bring the ball out.
In the middle we could have Jack, Obiang and Snod. Offensive Diagrana, Arnie and Anderson.
Fredericks and Masuaku as wing backs. That would give us a balanced attacking threat on both flanks with Fredericks pace alongside the youngster. The defense would be stronger. Jack would appreciate another player in the middle to give him more space to pull the strings around the center circle.

I`ve always preferred a back 3 to a flat back 4 but Pellegrini has nearly always gone with a 4. In any case I can`t see any plus side to switching Rice into a back 3. His performances in the centre of the park have shown his qualities and taking him out of that position would leave us much weaker imo. In any case I`ll be very surprised if Wilshere is seen again before the New Year and with Sanchez also out long term we are very short of options in what is a very important area of the pitch.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Maybe now we have got over the bedding in period we could revert back to a back 3 with wing backs.

I`ve always preferred a back 3 to a flat back 4 but Pellegrini has nearly always gone with a 4. In any case I can`t see any plus side to switching Rice into a back 3. His performances in the centre of the park have shown his qualities and taking him out of that position would leave us much weaker imo. In any case I`ll be very surprised if Wilshere is seen again before the New Year and with Sanchez also out long term we are very short of options in what is a very important area of the pitch.

If you actually consider how advanced our wing backs are during most portions of a game against a fellow struggler, we are playing essentially with a back 3 as we rely on the pace of Rice and Diop to cover the counter attacks. My hope is the emerging relationship between these 2 and Balbuena will allow the other midfielders we have to contribute more to the attack and when talking about Noble, Wilshire, Snoddy etc, they are all more valuable in attacking situations than defensive ones.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”