Declan rice good news apparently

Chat about anything football related here!
Dicksies Diner

Re: Declan rice good news apparently

Postby Dicksies Diner » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Down under mick wrote:He wants to stay with us great news .for me team harmony led by arnounovic and zabbaletta is a big plus for us great news not confirmed but confident

I'm not sure if that will be in the case once a big club shows him a bit of leg...........I'm sure then he'll be all over it. Wouldn't blame him if he did.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:43 pm

thomasswe wrote:Rice is no mug, ive also read that he doesnt want to play intetnationally at this point as he wants fo focus on his club career. He had cemented his place here at 19 and i think objectively its a good choice for him to stay for now? also i think he is genuinly happy here. Switch clubs and you might not play week in and week out. I just hope we reward him with what his ability is worth.

Agree that it would be beneficial for him as a player to stay in a team where he's a guaranteed starter at this point, rather than go to a bigger club were he won't play consistently. If he's shown this resolve then I hope we reward him accordingly. I've always stated that I think our growth as a club is slightly behind his career curve and I feel we will lose him eventually, but if we could get a few season of his growth into the player he will become, maybe the curves of player and club will converge and he won't become another Carrick for us.
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:
Down under mick wrote:He wants to stay with us great news .for me team harmony led by arnounovic and zabbaletta is a big plus for us great news not confirmed but confident

I'm not sure if that will be in the case once a big club shows him a bit of leg...........I'm sure then he'll be all over it. Wouldn't blame him if he did.

No one should blame him, although some will of course, and I'm sure it will happen sooner or later but if he is tied to a long term deal it means the club can demand an appropriate transfer fee in line with his ability and potential.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 pm

hopefully his contract will be signed before jan
if not then it may be that some of the bigger clubs might just show an interest in him
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Seriously doubt he would be a starter for the bigger clubs. he has a long way to go to get to Carrick's level.
I know he has played against the top players in premiership but against the top players in the world is another ball game.
Declan is doing great and is a gem for US. But i am not so sure he is a gem for " Bigger " clubs. At least not right now.
He needs to butter his bread, sign a contract that is close to what he is looking for and see where he is in 2 years when he is 21.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:48 am

I really hope I am wrong!
But I reckon he will have some of the top six offering him contracts in January and a agent seeing £ signs in front of his eyes.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”