Huddersfield v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Huddersfield v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Postby Mikeveep » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:30 pm

10/11/18 (or, less formally....tomorrow ) 3.00 K.O.

Last weeks win can be reproduced providing the real £40 million Anderson turns up.

With him on form and the kid on the right getting used to this level we look a force. Certainly enough to turn over the Team which has only scored one goal at home all season.
2 x

palerider

Re: West Ham v Huddersfield.

Postby palerider » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 pm

This game for me determines if we'll struggle or thrive this season (although I thought that for the Brighton match).

A game that we should win although it won't be a pushover.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham v Huddersfield - Official Match Thread

Postby brookingslovechild » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 pm

much prefer to feel like the underdog (could say we are in most matches) agree this will go someway to seeing how far (if at all) we have come since the 1st 4 games of the season. Its a 'should win' rather than a must win , but would feel pretty let down if we dont show up with a performance, its what you might call a banana skin.

Citeh up next so 3 points really would be a delight.
1 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Our record against them is 12 wins, 7 draws & 22 losses.

Our last loss in the league against them came in 1971. They beat us twice that year, both times 1 nil.

They're the only team we beat twice last season.

They won their first game last weekend, against Fulham.

They've scored 5 goals in 11 games (ave 0.454 per game). We've scored 13 in 11 (ave 1.181).

They've let in 21 in 11 games (1.909) us 17 (1.545).

Their home record is 1-1-4 but they have played Chelsea, Spurs & Liverpool at home so that could be misleading (they also lost to Palace).

If we play to our best I reckon we'll win 2 nil. But we've also played plenty of games where we have possession but just can't score. Hopefully this ain't one of them.

2nd week in a row we play at the normal time :D And I'm off tomorrow for the Bellew fight so this at 10am then a couple of hours break then boxing from about 2pm.

Flappy
Zab General Doowop Cressy
Obiang Rice
Grady Snodgrass Anderson
Arnie

Same as last week assuming Obiangs knee is ok.
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:much prefer to feel like the underdog (could say we are in most matches) agree this will go someway to seeing how far (if at all) we have come since the 1st 4 games of the season. Its a 'should win' rather than a must win , but would feel pretty let down if we dont show up with a performance, its what you might call a banana skin.

Citeh up next so 3 points really would be a delight.

A win would be massive as there's 3 points between us & Brighton above us & 3 points between us & Palace below us.
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:11 pm

Should win ? Don't forget the infamous West Ham Way.

How many times have we played a team on a winless run and obliged them ?
How many times has confidence soared after a performance that raised everyone's spirits only for that fucking line in our poxy song, the bit about dreams fading and dying, to come along and kick us in the cojones?
And how many times have we put 2 back to back wins together in the last year or two?

We have better players and, imo, a better team Of course we should bloody well win. But I'm prepared to bet anyone we fucking well won't.

It's that fucking West Ham way you see. Not to mention whoever started this thread has fucked up the mojo. We're the away team. We're doomed I tell you. Doomed.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

h69

Postby h69 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Whiskyman wrote:Should win ? Don't forget the infamous West Ham Way.

How many times has confidence soared after a performance that raised everyone's spirits only for that fucking line in our poxy song, the bit about dreams fading and dying, to come along and kick us in the cojones?
And how many times have we put 2 back to back wins together in the last year or two?

We have better players and, imo, a better team Of course we should bloody well win. But I'm prepared to bet anyone we fucking well won't.

It's that fucking West Ham way you see. Not to mention whoever started this thread has fucked up the mojo. We're the away team. We're doomed I tell you. Doomed.

Lucky they are not on a winless run then :D
2 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Whiskyman wrote:Not to mention whoever started this thread has fucked up the mojo. We're the away team. We're doomed I tell you. Doomed.

Sorted :D
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:19 pm

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Should win ? Don't forget the infamous West Ham Way.

Lucky they are not on a winless run then :D

It is. But the buggers haven't scored a home goal yet this season, they relied on some Fulham bloke. I'm telling you, we're doomed. ;)
Seriously, we must be the world's worst for fouling up "should win" games.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:20 pm

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Not to mention whoever started this thread has fucked up the mojo. We're the away team. We're doomed I tell you. Doomed.

Sorted :D

Too late. The gods of karma have already spoken. ;)
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”