My day out in the big city

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

My day out in the big city

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:31 am

Well, I was there.

I was blown away by it all. It just seemed so surreal.

The game itself was of almost secondary importance to me. Obviously glad for the points but just being in the crowd for the first league game....amazing. My first ever match at the Boleyn we won 1-0, so it had to be. Not bothering with a match report as others do it better than me, only that Valencia really isn't very good.

I thought the atmosphere was great and it seemed loud enough to me. And the seats were nearer the pitch than I thought.

North London line to and from Richmond, got off at Hackney Wick. Beers before and after in a place called the Tank Bar which was supposedly 'hipster-trendy' whatever the fuck that means. It was by the canal. Didn't see you cunts on your boat so I yelled abuse at all of them just in case.

I was sad to leave UP, but as Metallica said, the memory remains and we now have our new little tin goddess.

Only it isn't little.

It's fucking huge. And it's ours.

COYI
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Newmarket

Re: My day out in the big city

Post by Newmarket » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:48 am

palerider wrote:Well, I was there.

The game itself was of almost secondary importance to me. Obviously glad for the points but just being in the crowd for the first league game....amazing. My first ever match at the Boleyn we won 1-0, so it had to be. Not bothering with a match report as others do it better than me, only that Valencia really isn't very good.

I thought the atmosphere was great and it seemed loud enough to me. And the seats were nearer the pitch than I thought.

North London line to and from Richmond, got off at Hackney Wick. Beers before and after in a place called the Tank Bar which was supposedly 'hipster-trendy' whatever the fuck that means. It was by the canal. Didn't see you cunts on your boat so I yelled abuse at all of them just in case.

I was sad to leave UP, but as Metallica said, the memory remains and we now have our new little tin goddess.

Only it isn't little.

COYI
No it's not it's the taxpayers :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Porterman

Post by Porterman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 am

Only it isn't little.

COYI
You must have noticed Gonzos nose?

Surely?!!!
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:10 am

Newmarket wrote:

Only it isn't little.

COYI
Oh yes, I forgot.

And I'd like to thank both Barry Hearn and Daniel Levy for their contribution.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:16 am

On bus on Saturday night to London, I got a text 'sorry mate but your man Andy is out for about 5 weeks'. First I heard and didn't see anything on social media. I text couple guys off here, they had no idea what I was on about, but guy that text me usually pretty decent. Then it was confirmed later that evening, my heart sank a little. Fucks the team gonna be? I was already a bit worried.

Into Victoria at 7.15, went and got my English money out as the tills are racist in London, quick piss, change and off to Stratford as its Sunday and wetherspoons in Victoria not open yet, got to the high street ok now I am used to them boarding up Westfield like we are a terrorist group (last time I got muddled up) and went to the 'best cafe' (that's what it's called), I went here before the pub crawl with Tom and gonzo, enjoyed it then and was peckish. So I had a lovely cooked breakfast, then Tom (young Tom) called saying he won't be long as he needed to go to the club shop. I told him to use exit at the one nearer Westfield and not the one opposite the old shopping centre, phone rang. 'Where are you?' (I was standing where I said I'd meet him) but turned out young Tom was acting like pissed Tom and went out the other way, so I had to go through the maze of barricades anyway to go meet him on the bridge, to which he declared he needed a plaster, he smelt of curry & wanted a Starbucks.

Boots was shut and I've never heard someone moan so much about a lack of plaster, funnily enough, he never mentioned it again for the whole day and I was with him for over 12 hours! Off to Starbucks, after a quick spelling of the name to the lovely lady not from London, the drink was purchased. 'Not her fault she never heard of the name Geo' you may say, but I didn't order a drink, it was Tom. She looked as if When he said 'Tom' he had actually asked her a quick mathematics equation which contained algebra, but it didn't, and the only bra involved was the one Tom wanted to remove from her chest, probably after she had gave him a plaster. Anyway. On to the counter with all the bits and bobs, Tom used half the cinnamon and chocolate shakers in his cup and finally we were off to the club store!
0 x

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Newmarket wrote:

Only it isn't little.

COYI
Ahhhh yes....I am proud to own such a world class stadium :D
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:40 pm

redhammer wrote:On bus on Saturday night to London, I got a text 'sorry mate but your man Andy is out for about 5 weeks'. First I heard and didn't see anything on social media. I text couple guys off here, they had no idea what I was on about, but guy that text me usually pretty decent. Then it was confirmed later that evening, my heart sank a little. Fucks the team gonna be? I was already a bit worried.

Into Victoria at 7.15, went and got my English money out as the tills are racist in London, quick piss, change and off to Stratford as its Sunday and wetherspoons in Victoria not open yet, got to the high street ok now I am used to them boarding up Westfield like we are a terrorist group (last time I got muddled up) and went to the 'best cafe' (that's what it's called), I went here before the pub crawl with Tom and gonzo, enjoyed it then and was peckish. So I had a lovely cooked breakfast, then Tom (young Tom) called saying he won't be long as he needed to go to the club shop. I told him to use exit at the one nearer Westfield and not the one opposite the old shopping centre, phone rang. 'Where are you?' (I was standing where I said I'd meet him) but turned out young Tom was acting like pissed Tom and went out the other way, so I had to go through the maze of barricades anyway to go meet him on the bridge, to which he declared he needed a plaster, he smelt of curry & wanted a Starbucks.

Boots was shut and I've never heard someone moan so much about a lack of plaster, funnily enough, he never mentioned it again for the whole day and I was with him for over 12 hours! Off to Starbucks, after a quick spelling of the name to the lovely lady not from London, the drink was purchased. 'Not her fault she never heard of the name Geo' you may say, but I didn't order a drink, it was Tom. She looked as if When he said 'Tom' he had actually asked her a quick mathematics equation which contained algebra, but it didn't, and the only bra involved was the one Tom wanted to remove from her chest, probably after she had gave him a plaster. Anyway. On to the counter with all the bits and bobs, Tom used half the cinnamon and chocolate shakers in his cup and finally we were off to the club store!
OK I'm with you so far...let's have the rest of it - borrowing club store merchandise,barge,canal vomiting and stadium atmosphere
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Only it isn't little.

COYI
Glad you enjoyed it mate, it's a different world to the old ground, but there you go, times change n all that. One thing I do miss is being able to get a nice salmonella burger or a week old moldy hotdog and not have to sell my son for the privilege. The fucking prices are a massive piss take.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:

Only it isn't little.

COYI
Glad you enjoyed it mate, it's a different world to the old ground, but there you go, times change n all that. One thing I do miss is being able to get a nice salmonella burger or a week old moldy hotdog and not have to sell my son for the privilege. The fucking prices are a massive piss take.
It's the same wherever you go in the PL now mate I'm afraid. I ate before anyway. I did try to get a beer after the game in the ground but they were only selling lager or cider, neither of which I drink so that was the only down side.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Only it isn't little.

COYI
Glad you enjoyed it mate.
More or less exactly my first thoughts and feelings when I debuted at the Domzale game. Of course it really helps when you win and adds that nice little sheen of completion on the whole day.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Social Media