I'll bet Zab starts.

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: I'll bet Zab starts.

Post by Clayton » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:06 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:03 pm
Clayton wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 am
Here's hoping he's fit , but he may have a knock and if that is the case he should be rested . And if he is rested who do we play ? Personally would give the chance to Oxford , played there in Germany and supposedly did well there , its the reason they want him back . Definitely dont want to see Antonio played there .
That's outside the box thinking,and I like it. You should apply for the Southampton job pronto...but you would be too good for them :o
Wouldn't take the job , they would sell my best players . :roll:
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:00 pm
Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 am
Not just because we don't trust Antonio or want to retain a successful line up.

Because although he is 33 his metabolism is that of a younger man.Never tires,never taken off before the end,played almost every game.

You lot are too ageist !

His application has enabled him to be younger than his age.
Another option is to play Rice in there now we have the midfield players back. They should be able to cope with Cardiff;.
Sorry Irons , but our Midfield is very poor without Rice in there , even against the likes of Cardiff . It would also upset the balance of the team .
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:51 am
Not just because we don't trust Antonio or want to retain a successful line up.

Because although he is 33 his metabolism is that of a younger man.Never tires,never taken off before the end,played almost every game.

You lot are too ageist !

His application has enabled him to be younger than his age.

I agree Mike, I also think this is the more winnable game compared to Palace so I'd rest then if at all.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Clayton wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Another option is to play Rice in there now we have the midfield players back. They should be able to cope with Cardiff;.
Sorry Irons , but our Midfield is very poor without Rice in there , even against the likes of Cardiff . It would also upset the balance of the team .
LOL Clay. if our midfield isn't good enough to face Cardiff , then we might a well accept relegation now.If we play 3 in there its fine:) The problem is when we try and play 2.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy86

Post by Tommy86 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Find this whole thing about him needing a rest a bit strange. The only thing he’s lost is a bit of pace. Don’t see any problem with his fitness at all. Played every league game last season except one, which was due to suspension. I’d say I’m more confident in Zaba playing all the games in December than anyone (fabianski aside).

Having said all that though, if he does end up getting a rest, the best option for me is Oxford, as Geo said the other night. The thought hadn’t crossed my mind until he mentioned it. He’s sort of become the forgotten man, which is crazy when you consider how highly rated he was. This could be his chance to get into the team and I’d feel a lot more comfortable with him there than Antonio. We’ve been there and done that with him at RB. It doesn’t work
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 am

Tommy86 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 pm
Find this whole thing about him needing a rest a bit strange. The only thing he’s lost is a bit of pace. Don’t see any problem with his fitness at all. Played every league game last season except one, which was due to suspension. I’d say I’m more confident in Zaba playing all the games in December than anyone (fabianski aside).

Having said all that though, if he does end up getting a rest, the best option for me is Oxford, as Geo said the other night. The thought hadn’t crossed my mind until he mentioned it. He’s sort of become the forgotten man, which is crazy when you consider how highly rated he was. This could be his chance to get into the team and I’d feel a lot more comfortable with him there than Antonio. We’ve been there and done that with him at RB. It doesn’t work
Didn't Oxford get slated by Mr P last week for being a Prima Donna for putting very little effort into his training, if he turned up? I don't think he will make the team and Zabba will play, but I have been very wrong on my team selection in the past....I feel we are going to need a really strong back for on Tuesday and I don't think Oxford is up to it.
1 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 am

Tommy86 wrote:

I agree with you about his fitness levels. At 33 he is amazing. The problem is that we haven't another right back so if he does play every game he risks picking up an injury like a hammy then we are buggered for a few weeks. So its a gamble.
Also because the pace is so frantic now with teams playing wing backs it can take 2 days for the body and muscles to recover. Its like an athlete running 10thousand meters. He can run that distance easy but his muscles will be tight and sore after. This is when hammys occur and groin strains. Fingers crossed he plays and makes all the games but even with his high fitness levels its very unlikely he can play 2 games in 3 days often over the xmas period. Most teams will make use of their squad at that time. Just a bummer we can't rest him for 1 or 2 games with Fredericks out .
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy86

Post by Tommy86 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:18 am

IronsForever wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 am
Tommy86 wrote:

I agree with you about his fitness levels. At 33 he is amazing. The problem is that we haven't another right back so if he does play every game he risks picking up an injury like a hammy then we are buggered for a few weeks. So its a gamble.
Also because the pace is so frantic now with teams playing wing backs it can take 2 days for the body and muscles to recover. Its like an athlete running 10thousand meters. He can run that distance easy but his muscles will be tight and sore after. This is when hammys occur and groin strains. Fingers crossed he plays and makes all the games but even with his high fitness levels its very unlikely he can play 2 games in 3 days often over the xmas period. Most teams will make use of their squad at that time. Just a bummer we can't rest him for 1 or 2 games with Fredericks out .

Yeah, massive blow Fredericks being out. This would’ve been a great chance for him. Rated him when we signed him & hasn’t really had many chances mainly due to the form of Zaba. Have seen some right him off already, but I think he needed more time to be honest.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:06 am

Shortshanks wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 pm
h69 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 am

Great bloke and player.

I can see why he is still one of the biggest legends at City. Last season at the Etihad, the city fans spent the first half singing his name and cheering every time he tackled on of their players !
"the city fans spent the first half singing his name and cheering every time he tackled on of their players !". I'm assuming you meant "one of their players" Why was he tackling his own team though ? :D :D :D
I did mean one of their players and mainly because he was playing for us at the time.
1 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:26 pm
Clayton wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

LOL Clay. if our midfield isn't good enough to face Cardiff , then we might a well accept relegation now.If we play 3 in there its fine:) The problem is when we try and play 2.
Our midfield is just about good enough at the moment as long as Rice is in there , but take him out and play Noble/Obiang would be a disaster as some have recommended with the injury to Balbuena , with those 2 we would need a three man midfield with the inclusion of Snodgrass or Wilshire and even then it may not cope . But what holds our midfield together is Rice . Would never accept relegation as our defence is developing into a very good unit , and our attacking options when fully fit are some of the best in the league outside of the top 4 ie; Anderson , Yarmolenko , Lanzini , Arnie , Chico and Wilshire even Diangana , and would think Holland when he gets his chance will be a big hit .
0 x

Social Media