West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Fear and loathing at the London stadium on Tuesday night.

Cardiff City rock up, whose best away display was a brittle 0-0 against Huddersfield.

What does that mean exactly I hear you ask...I think you know what that means. Yes, it's an almost certain solid home win with goals,spills,snazzy football and resounding choruses of bubbles...

On the other hand...this could be a turgid 0-0. It's unlikely,but we are what we are, and we are at the London stadium (never a nice thing)

Probable line up
Fabianski
Zabaletta/Antonio :o
Balbuena
Diop
Masuaku
Rice
Anderson
Snodgrass
Noble
Hernandez
Arnautovich
0 x

Mikeveep

Re: West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Post by Mikeveep » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:49 pm

You know, If we're winning comfortably BD, it WOULD be a nice thing.
1 x

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Early goal to settle the nerves please! They are very much the 'new stoke'. They'll waste time, take long throws, make 'tactical fouls' and try to frustrate us.

Would go:

Fabianski
Zabaleta, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Rice, Snodgrass
Diangana, Arnautovic, Anderson
Hernandez

I know there is talk of resting Zaba but I'd play him this one and someone else on Saturday against Palace. This game suits him more IMO
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 pm

hopefully a good fast start get an early goal then i think it will be a 2 - 0 win
0 x

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:01 pm

As I am making my bi annual trip to the London stadium from oop north , I am expecting a solid thumping of Cardiff with a brace for Chico and arnie...I said the same last time I was down for the uddersfield game and we got a lucky 1-0....that’ll have to do then.

T’ orse n carriage leaves at 10am from Manchester so should be there by kick off.! :D
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Cardiff City rock up, whose best away display was a brittle 0-0 against Huddersfield.

What does that mean exactly I hear you ask...I think you know what that means. Yes, it's an almost certain solid home win with goals,spills,snazzy football and resounding choruses of bubbles...

On the other hand...this could be a turgid 0-0. It's unlikely,but we are what we are, and we are at the London stadium (never a nice thing)

Probable line up
Fabianski
Balbuena
Diop
Masuaku
Rice
Anderson
Snodgrass
Noble
Hernandez
Arnautovich
Balbuena is out i think.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:41 pm

.....................................................Flappy.......................................

Antonio.............................Diop..................................Oggy...................Masuaku..
.........................................Rice...............Noble..................................
...................................................Jack.............................................
................Chico.....................................Arnie..............................Anderson.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 am

...................Flappy..................
Zabba.......Rice.......Diop........Oggy

Antonio.....Noble......Jack......Anderson

.....Hernandez...........Arnie........

I wanted to put Grady in but feel he might be a bit lightweight so have gone with Antonio.
Snoddy replacing Jack, AC replacing Arnie and Grady replacing Antonio tactical substitutions
0 x

Tommy86

Post by Tommy86 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 am

IronsForever wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm
BlackDiamond wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Probable line up
Fabianski
Balbuena
Diop
Masuaku
Rice
Anderson
Snodgrass
Noble
Hernandez
Arnautovich
Balbuena is out i think.
Really hope that’s not the case. That would be a huge blow. Ogbonna seriously worries me. He’s looked shaky last couple of times I’ve seen him. Performed well last season in a back 3 but I’m unsure of him in a 4
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 am

Really interested to see what Peller puts out for this one...
But long as he sticks with a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3....I'm happy, he's the Boss....just not a 4-2-4 thing..
I might be tempted to rest Arnie and chuck AC in for this one,can do it in a 4-4-2..

Thanks to the Geordie win...it's now not a MUST WIN one...but still be seriously pissed off
if we don't.....really wanna start getting up the table now,wanna see us pushing for that 8th
spot come new year....best were gonna get.....top 6,plus can't see us catching Everton either.

3-0.....

Bit Short the 4/6 tho.....might go for the over 2 match goals with an Irons win..6/4
0 x

Social Media