West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:26 am

Post-match interviews.

Manuel Pellegrini.

Neil spoke to me and asked how we won that. I said it was because you're a cunt.

Neil Warnock.

I asked Manuel how they won that. I've also demanded that West Ham are relegated because we missed a penalty but no doubt the FA will side with the big boys.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 am

Not getting the Arnie stick TBH...he is what he is,don't read to much into it,he likes it here.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but most players' heads would be turned by interest from a major club. And I don't see he's getting too much stick for his general performance, although he wasn't at his best tonight but that happens, but he has been criticised for the ridiculous challenge on Hoilett---and rightly so imo.
1 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:34 am

There was a huge part of that game yesterday,... probably half an hour around half time, when I was in despair.

The game had slowed right down,goal kicks,throw ins were being taken at snail pace,the referee was more like a stage manager at free kicks.

Dreadfully enthusiasm sapping and the clutch of goals seemed surreal..

Officials have to do their bit in keeping the game lively.
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 am

Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am
IronsForever wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:43 am

Heard Msuaku was taking stick again on social media. This is some fans way of giving the lad his confidence back??
Dont understand why , as last night I thought he had a very good game even if he wasnt put under much pressure from a poor cardiff team .
Because they need something to whine about and Masuaku having so far had a wprse season than last season is the easy target. Both him and definately Antonio had good games.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 am

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:20 am

Geordies on another day might have easily bagged 2or3,and you couldn't say they weren't worth it.
Last night,Cardiff had nowhere near the same amount of clear cuts,we done em both 3-0,they're
in a similar place in table,so maybe can compare,but Geordies do look a better side.
Really ? I can't recall any clear cut chances which Newcastle had, and I don't recall Fabianski making a meaningful save. Agreed Cardiff only had the one, the penalty. Newcastle do look a better side than Cardiff granted but that's pretty much a given imo.

I think the shambles that resulted in their goal (which I assume you missed ;) ) makes your comment about the defence looking better against Newcastle about right though. But what the hell Carroll thought he was trying to do beats me.
1 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 am

thomasswe wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 am
Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am

Dont understand why , as last night I thought he had a very good game even if he wasnt put under much pressure from a poor cardiff team .
Because they need something to whine about and Masuaku having so far had a wprse season than last season is the easy target. Both him and definately Antonio had good games.
Have to agree both Antonio and Masuaku had good games , Antonio had his best game this season out of position as a RB who would have thought . As for Masuaku he did well in defence and was adequate going forward , but would either of them coped against a better team . We all know about Masuaku's abilities at the moment but Antonio could be the answer , to our RB problem for now .
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am

Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 am
thomasswe wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:37 am

Have to agree both Antonio and Masuaku had good games , Antonio had his best game this season out of position as a RB who would have thought . As for Masuaku he did well in defence and was adequate going forward , but would either of them coped against a better team . We all know about Masuaku's abilities at the moment but Antonio could be the answer , to our RB problem for now .
I am a bit concerned about the thought of Masuaku coming up against the serial diver and Antonio having to face Andros Townsend next Saturday so I'm hoping that Zabaleta, at least, will, be back.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am
Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:44 am

I am a bit concerned about the thought of Masuaku coming up against the serial diver and Antonio having to face Andros Townsend next Saturday so I'm hoping that Zabaleta, at least, will, be back.
Sure I read somewhere or heard that Zaha , Tomkins and Milivojevic are all suspended , but could be wrong , what a advantage that could be though . Though I could have dreamt it :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 am
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am

Sure I read somewhere or heard that Zaha , Tomkins and Milivojevic are all suspended , but could be wrong , what a advantage that could be though . Though I could have dreamt it :lol: :lol: :lol:
All three gentleman are one yellow card away, from a 1 game suspension. That might make them more cautious or more reckless...depending on which coming weekend they fancy having off...

Ginger Pele used to like Christmas weekend off, so this fixture would have been too early in the calendar for him...
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 pm
Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 am

All three gentleman are one yellow card away, from a 1 game suspension. That might make them more cautious or more reckless...depending on which coming weekend they fancy having off...

Ginger Pele used to like Christmas weekend off, so this fixture would have been too early in the calendar for him...
Crystal Palaces games coming up are not the easiest , us away , then Leicester at home , then Man City away then the big one Cardiff at home . So he could rest them for us to have his full team out against Leicester at home , as he will surely know they havnt got a chance against Man City so it wouldnt matter so much if the 3 were suspended for that one , :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

Social Media