West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Caboose

Re: West Ham United v Cardiff City - Official Match Thread

Post by Caboose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Surely we cant win 3 on the run.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:46 am
terrya1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 pm
Well happy with these last 2 victories.These are the sort of games,we`d have drew or lost in the last 3 years.Someone criticized our football,personally I am loving it after the shit I have had to sit through this last 8 or so years(apart from Payet season)
Only the last 8 years Terry ? More like the last 28 imo. I didn't think we were brilliant in either of our last 2 games but we won both of them comfortably and that has a lot to do with not our playing style. Anderson's vision particularly is a major factor in our ability to create many more chances than has been the case in recent years. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the ins and outs next summer as Pellegrini/Husillos continue the rebuilding job they've started.
You are probably right mate.

I would have to go back to when Harry was in charge since we played half decent football.

The best I ever see was when Brooking and Devonshire were poetry in motion in the early 80`s.That was best by far.I think a few of the older fans may go back to the 1960's,when we smashed some teams out of sight,eg,a very good Leeds teams 7-0 in the late 60's.

I do think we are going to see us score a lot of goals this season and I will take that all day long.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:03 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:57 pm
Whiskyman wrote:

Only the last 8 years Terry ? More like the last 28 imo. I didn't think we were brilliant in either of our last 2 games but we won both of them comfortably and that has a lot to do with not our playing style. Anderson's vision particularly is a major factor in our ability to create many more chances than has been the case in recent years. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the ins and outs next summer as Pellegrini/Husillos continue the rebuilding job they've started.

I would have to go back to when Harry was in charge since we played half decent football.

The best I ever see was when Brooking and Devonshire were poetry in motion in the early 80`s.That was best by far.I think a few of the older fans may go back to the 1960's,when we smashed some teams out of sight,eg,a very good Leeds teams 7-0 in the late 60's.

I do think we are going to see us score a lot of goals this season and I will take that all day long.
The Bonds/Brooking.Devonshire side was the best I've seen in my years. I do remember the Leeds match but those sort of results back then were usually one offs. The mid 80's vintage, at least in that one season, did it consistently.
1 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

The Brooking , Devonshire and Bonds era of football could list many more players were the best I have seen in my time , though I do remember the 60's they were not as memorable , though they did win the world cup ;) .
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm
terrya1965 wrote:

The Brooking , Devonshire and Bonds era of football could list many more players were the best I have seen in my time , though I do remember the 60's they were not as memorable , though they did win the world cup ;) .
I was still in short trousers back then but with the 3 world cup winners in the team (and didn't Peter Brabrook make the 40?) how fucking crap must the rest of them been if league positions are anything to go by. I think we finished 5th or 6th one season but the rest of the time------
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 pm
Clayton wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm

I was still in short trousers back then but with the 3 world cup winners in the team (and didn't Peter Brabrook make the 40?) how fucking crap must the rest of them been if league positions are anything to go by. I think we finished 5th or 6th one season but the rest of the time------
I was in short trousers as well mate , my 1st game was against the Spuds at home and we won it 2-1 though I dont really remember much about it .
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Jealous of you older Hammers being able to live through a time where we weren't shite or had some success. 28 years of life and we have won the Championship as my personal highlight.

MP wins trophies though so quietely confident we can do well in the cup.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:46 pm
Jealous of you older Hammers being able to live through a time where we weren't shite or had some success. 28 years of life and we have won the Championship as my personal highlight.

MP wins trophies though so quietely confident we can do well in the cup.
I am with you concerning MP ,looking forward with anticipation for the future with good attractive football , but he will still need the support of the owners to make it a reality , so lets hope he gets it .
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:43 am
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:20 am

Geordies on another day might have easily bagged 2or3,and you couldn't say they weren't worth it.
Last night,Cardiff had nowhere near the same amount of clear cuts,we done em both 3-0,they're
in a similar place in table,so maybe can compare,but Geordies do look a better side.
Really ? I can't recall any clear cut chances which Newcastle had, and I don't recall Fabianski making a meaningful save. Agreed Cardiff only had the one, the penalty. Newcastle do look a better side than Cardiff granted but that's pretty much a given imo.

I think the shambles that resulted in their goal (which I assume you missed ;) ) makes your comment about the defence looking better against Newcastle about right though. But what the hell Carroll thought he was trying to do beats me.
You don't remember the hatrick a better player than Ayoze Perez could have scored in the first half? Luckily he's crap this season and we scored 3 of the many chances we created. Thought this game was better, maybe it was a lack of quality up front but overall they were less of a threat until Wor Andy came in to help them score!
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Caboose wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:20 pm
Surely we cant win 3 on the run.
Stop the Black Tom Daley and you stop Palace pretty much.

He was on a yellow last night and Kevin Friend bottled it by not giving him a second for a studs up challenge.

Would have made our job easier as he'll have a field day against Arthur.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Social Media