Do football players or managers still support their original home town team?

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Do football players or managers still support their original home town team?

Post by hd1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:13 pm

tbf I can't talk, playing reserve team Isthmian League football was the pinnacle of my career :lol:
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Re: Do football players or managers still support their original home town team?

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:27 pm

hd1 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 pm
In my younger days I played in Luton's youth team and actually managed 5 games for their reserves.
You must have been really crap :D
Own up Whiskey...You lived in the house you have to walkthrough to get into the ground didn't ya? They only gave you a couple of reserve games to stop you moaning about the footprints on the carpet! :mrgreen:
1 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Noni

Post by Noni » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:18 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am
Yeah Def..but Spose if your at a club for a while,you form a bond with them as well..

Often wondered that myself,like Mr P says,if i was due play against the Irons,and there was a
threat of them/us going down or something,think I might be feigning a bit of a muscle pull..
or failing that,Give Issa a blatant shove in the box,while defending a corner..
Oh Ref C'mon no way......while having a little smile inside... :lol:

Don't see why other players don't do it as well
This question came up in my mind watching and hearing Harry Redknapp in the Jungle, who I believe is a Spurs and Arsenal fan

Just wondered if Mark Noble, Trevor Brooking and Bobby Moore, if they had moved to other clubs, if their heart and desire would still be with West Ham.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Noni wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:18 pm
mkhammer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:11 am
Yeah Def..but Spose if your at a club for a while,you form a bond with them as well..

Often wondered that myself,like Mr P says,if i was due play against the Irons,and there was a
threat of them/us going down or something,think I might be feigning a bit of a muscle pull..
or failing that,Give Issa a blatant shove in the box,while defending a corner..
Oh Ref C'mon no way......while having a little smile inside... :lol:

Don't see why other players don't do it as well
This question came up in my mind watching and hearing Harry Redknapp in the Jungle, who I believe is a Spurs and Arsenal fan

Just wondered if Mark Noble, Trevor Brooking and Bobby Moore, if they had moved to other clubs, if their heart and desire would still be with West Ham.

Think Harry if asked would say he's closest to west ham,if you asked where his heart is.
Guys you mention Noni are West Ham Fans as much as players,tho Sir Trev very nearly went to
Forest,maybe Derby as well...Brian Cough was always Sniffing around....and Sir Bob,nearly went
to Spuds,he wanted to go,Ron Greenwood stopped him....demanding a transfer fee from the
Spuds which stopped Bobby making any money out of any move..
Think Clough tried to Get Bobby to go to Leeds as well,before Bob left for fulham.
1 x

Social Media