Have we moved to the next level?

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Re: Have we moved to the next level?

Post by IronsForever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am

21212 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 pm
IronsForever wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Beating Cardiff and Newcastle gave us back to back wins for the first time in 2 years.
You think its easy to beat Newcastle at St James Park?
Newcastle have played 8 home games this season.
Lost 6.
Won 2.

I wouldn't say it was the hardest thing in the world, would you?
Considering they won their previous 2 home games against teams that beat us i'd say it was a decent result, what do you think? Also we lost 3 -0 at their place last year. Wouldn't you say that was an improvement under Pellegrini? Also 3 of those teams they lost at home to were Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.
I don,t see any point to your opinion. No matter who we played we havent won 2 consecutive games for 2 years. Can you not say we are scoring more under pellegrini and looking more solid at the back???
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Noni

Post by Noni » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:40 am

One thing I've noticed this season is that Pellegrini is not afraid to play young footballers. We've seen quite a dramatic change in these matches. They've all proven how talented they are, one thing both Moyes and Slaven Bilić never did.
1 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 am

Depends how you classify a level I guess.

If bottom 6 is the lowest level, then yes, I think we are safely away from looking over our shoulder and worrying about finding ourselves in there. If contesting mid table with the Leicester's and Bournemouth's of the world is the next level, then yes.

If we can compete with Everton for 7th, that would be great achievement for this season. Or Man U :lol: :lol: It could be possible if we can now find consistent form, that is the real acid test now IMO because we have never done that is over 30 years.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:13 am

Next level?

Who cares I’m enjoying the football and that is all that matters for me.
1 x

Post by 21212 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:21 am

:lol:
Neville Bartos wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:51 pm
21212 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:38 pm

:lol: :lol:
Making stuff up because you're obsessed.
I think you'll find I stated Diop, Balbuena and Fabianski have proved between ok and decent signings.
Pellegrini past it? I suppose besting Newcastle and Cardiff prove him to be Pep MK II.

Beating Newcastle and Cardiff leaves you with the right to state 'I told you so'. :lol: :lol:
The mentality of some fans.
How did that 'you're making stuff up' accusation go last time?
Keep it on the DL, but we've won 5 games.
Balbuena, in your expert opinion, has gone from flop all the way to okay in just 14 games. 14 games, according to you, where we've been shite nearly every match. How?
And in your opinion it's not good enough that Pellegrini is doing a decent job? He has to be on a par with (arguably) the best manager on the planet. Why?

And here's an idea, why don't you try to NOT be a predictable, tedious, cunt in your next post?

Balbuena has turned out better than I expected. And?
Pellegrini doing a decent job? Really? Look back at match threads for a realistic view of his management and not a rose tinted spectacle view after wins against Cardiff and Newcastle.
0 x

Post by 21212 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 am

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am
21212 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Newcastle have played 8 home games this season.
Lost 6.
Won 2.

I wouldn't say it was the hardest thing in the world, would you?
Considering they won their previous 2 home games against teams that beat us i'd say it was a decent result, what do you think? Also we lost 3 -0 at their place last year. Wouldn't you say that was an improvement under Pellegrini? Also 3 of those teams they lost at home to were Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.
I don,t see any point to your opinion. No matter who we played we havent won 2 consecutive games for 2 years. Can you not say we are scoring more under pellegrini and looking more solid at the back???
We have conceded the 24th most goals in the PL, is that the definition of 'solid at the back'?

Selective statistics there as Newcastle have also lost at home to Leicester and Brighton.

Haven't won 2 successive games for 2 years, please remind me what Moyes spent in his transfer window and what Pellegrini has spent in his? Back to back wins against Burnley and Newcastle hardly a massive success.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:47 am

21212 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 am
IronsForever wrote:

We have conceded the 24th most goals in the PL, is that the definition of 'solid at the back'?

Selective statistics there as Newcastle have also lost at home to Leicester and Brighton.

Haven't won 2 successive games for 2 years, please remind me what Moyes spent in his transfer window and what Pellegrini has spent in his? Back to back wins against Burnley and Newcastle hardly a massive success.
You have moved to the next level of being an annoying negative cunt......Enjoy the victories and go polish your toaster....
2 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:24 am

21212 wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

So you don't think we are more solid at the back this season than the least 2? Erhmmm!1 what was our fixture list like at the beginning of the season?
2 questions.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:25 am

Oziron wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:47 am
21212 wrote:

You have moved to the next level of being an annoying negative cunt......Enjoy the victories and go polish your toaster....
His toaster " Pops " every time we lose.
1 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 am

21212 wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

I think Moyes had more than a decent squad to win back to back league games lol. He had Lanzini and Arnie fit for most of his time.
One of Moyes mistakes was not playing Rice in midfield.
0 x

Social Media