Have we moved to the next level?

Chat about anything football related here!
hamstew

Re: Have we moved to the next level?

Post by hamstew » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 am

21212 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:31 am
IronsForever wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am

Considering they won their previous 2 home games against teams that beat us i'd say it was a decent result, what do you think? Also we lost 3 -0 at their place last year. Wouldn't you say that was an improvement under Pellegrini? Also 3 of those teams they lost at home to were Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.
I don,t see any point to your opinion. No matter who we played we havent won 2 consecutive games for 2 years. Can you not say we are scoring more under pellegrini and looking more solid at the back???
We have conceded the 24th most goals in the PL, is that the definition of 'solid at the back'?

Selective statistics there as Newcastle have also lost at home to Leicester and Brighton.

Haven't won 2 successive games for 2 years, please remind me what Moyes spent in his transfer window and what Pellegrini has spent in his? Back to back wins against Burnley and Newcastle hardly a massive success.
 Back to back wins against Burnley and Newcastle hardly a massive success.

See, that proves you are not a West Ham fan, otherwise you would know that our back to back wins came against Newcastle and Cardiff. ;)
0 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:52 am

21212 wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am

Considering they won their previous 2 home games against teams that beat us i'd say it was a decent result, what do you think? Also we lost 3 -0 at their place last year. Wouldn't you say that was an improvement under Pellegrini? Also 3 of those teams they lost at home to were Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.
I don,t see any point to your opinion. No matter who we played we havent won 2 consecutive games for 2 years. Can you not say we are scoring more under pellegrini and looking more solid at the back???
We have conceded the 24th most goals in the PL, is that the definition of 'solid at the back'?

Selective statistics there as Newcastle have also lost at home to Leicester and Brighton.

Haven't won 2 successive games for 2 years, please remind me what Moyes spent in his transfer window and what Pellegrini has spent in his? Back to back wins against Burnley and Newcastle hardly a massive success.
24th eh? :lol: :lol:

Do you know how many teams there are in the premier League? :lol: :lol:

Reading your drivel does cheer me up :lol: :lol:
3 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am

:lol: :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:06 am

21212 wrote:

Haven't won 2 successive games for 2 years, Back to back wins against Burnley and Newcastle hardly a massive success.
Haven't you forgotten the small matter of the Manchester City game in between Burnley & Newcastle ?

Oh you CUNT Whiskyman, you've taken the fucking bait haven't you. :roll:
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Post by 21212 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 am

IronsForever wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 am
21212 wrote:

I think Moyes had more than a decent squad to win back to back league games lol. He had Lanzini and Arnie fit for most of his time.
One of Moyes mistakes was not playing Rice in midfield.
Let's not rewrite history.
Pellegrini had no intention of playing Rice. Injuries to other players forced him to play him ala Grady.
Please don't paint Pellegrini as some visionary.
Last edited by 21212 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Post by 21212 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

Oziron wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:47 am
21212 wrote:

You have moved to the next level of being an annoying negative cunt......Enjoy the victories and go polish your toaster....

Just being realistic.
I have no issue with the claret and blue spectacle boys, I was one when I was at school. Now I like to be a bit more realistic.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:13 am

IronsForever wrote:
21212 wrote:

I think Moyes had more than a decent squad to win back to back league games lol. He had Lanzini and Arnie fit for most of his time.
One of his mistakes was being too negative against the likes of Stoke City.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:23 pm
jameskel wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am
:D :D :D :D

as Spurs get a new one ripped by a mediocre Arsenal team
Remind me, the mediocre Arsenal team that drew last night with Manu.....who we beat a few matches ago by the odd two goals.....maybe we are moving on to the next level.....how come our numerical friend does not mention this and the Everton and Burnley matches to his post?

:o :o :o
Put 3 goals past Man Utd, Everton, Cardiff, Newcastle and four past Burnley. Man City aside, we have shored uop the defence and already have some depth after just one decent window. We have a manager with a clear philosophy who ignored the whiners at the beginning of the season as he was adamant in the way he wanted to play and the players now seem to be singing from his hymn sheet and the goals are flowing.

Definitely means we have moved up a level. More potential to go further. I dont believe anything above 6th is really viable without massive investment but I would take 8-10 this year and then hopefully push on next.
2 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 am

21212 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 am
IronsForever wrote:

Let's not rewrite history.
Pellegrini had no intention of playing Rice. Injuries to other players forced him to play him ala Grady.
Please don't paint Pellegrini as some visionary.
Do F*CK OFF!

Rice played the very first game at Liverpool,but he took him out of the firing line for a few matches to help him(obviously didn`t want to smash the boy's confidence).That is good management in my book.

Wasn`t Diangana given a debut against Macclesfield in the League Cup when Yarmolenko wasn`t injured?Then he was made a sub for the next few games?

The facts speaks for themselves.

I`d advise you not to waste your energy typing rubbish.
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:28 am

h69 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:24 am
andyginbrasil wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Remind me, the mediocre Arsenal team that drew last night with Manu.....who we beat a few matches ago by the odd two goals.....maybe we are moving on to the next level.....how come our numerical friend does not mention this and the Everton and Burnley matches to his post?

:o :o :o
Put 3 goals past Man Utd, Everton, Cardiff, Newcastle and four past Burnley. Man City aside, we have shored uop the defence and already have some depth after just one decent window. We have a manager with a clear philosophy who ignored the whiners at the beginning of the season as he was adamant in the way he wanted to play and the players now seem to be singing from his hymn sheet and the goals are flowing.

Definitely means we have moved up a level. More potential to go further. I dont believe anything above 6th is really viable without massive investment but I would take 8-10 this year and then hopefully push on next.
goodpost:)
0 x

Social Media