West Ham vs Watford Match Thread (LINKS in first post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Thailandkev

Re: West Ham vs Watford Match Thread (LINKS in first post)

Postby Thailandkev » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:23 am

Thought I would sleep on it before giving my views on yesterday's shambles .
I think our biggest problem right now is our two holding midfielders noble and koyoate who both looked well out of sorts in my humble opinion , Noble doesn't look fit and maybe needs to be dropped for a while to let him get his mojo back , koyoate is never a holding midfielder he never tracks his man and is just bypassed when the opposition is attacking maybe nordvelt is the answer but even he has looked poor from what I've seen so far .
Also think we have bought too many average players instead of going for quality .
Zaza will take time to adjust and needs some support upfront .
Hopefully Slav can sort it out soon I hope .
Sad to see all the trouble in the crowd again they even mentioned on tv out here during the game , gold , Sullivan and Brady need to get to grips with ASAP and stop hiding behind the Bollox of its not up to us crap .
0 x

IRON-MAN ⚒

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:21 am

At 2-0 it should of been curtains at that point' but to lose 2-4 is an embarrassment, fucking buzzing till 4.45pm then my day whent down hill the cunts. :x :oops:
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:37 am

IRON-MAN ⚒ wrote:At 2-0 it should of been curtains at that point' but to lose 2-4 is an embarrassment, fucking buzzing till 4.45pm then my day whent down hill the cunts. :x :oops:

Same , lucky my gob is flexible otherwise I'd be standing on my head to turn my grin into a frown.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:08 pm

Thailandkev wrote:Thought I would sleep on it before giving my views on yesterday's shambles .
I think our biggest problem right now is our two holding midfielders noble and koyoate who both looked well out of sorts in my humble opinion , Noble doesn't look fit and maybe needs to be dropped for a while to let him get his mojo back , koyoate is never a holding midfielder he never tracks his man and is just bypassed when the opposition is attacking maybe nordvelt is the answer but even he has looked poor from what I've seen so far .
Also think we have bought too many average players instead of going for quality .
Zaza will take time to adjust and needs some support upfront .
Hopefully Slav can sort it out soon I hope .
Sad to see all the trouble in the crowd again they even mentioned on tv out here during the game , gold , Sullivan and Brady need to get to grips with ASAP and stop hiding behind the Bollox of its not up to us crap .

Obiang should be one of the holding midfielders imo. Quality player, totally underutilised. And I hope those people who criticised the Arbeloa signing can now see exactly why he was brought in. Ogbonna is another who, no way, should be sitting on the bench.

As for the crowd trouble I agree it does need sorting. The last time there was open mutiny amongst the fans was during the bond scheme fiasco and it was one of the reasons we ended up getting relegated that year.

Whether we like it or not standing, apart from goal celebrations etc., is not going to be allowed so I'm afraid it's a case of sit down or don't attend. The club have made it clear that anyone who persistently stands will be banned. They should, at least, allow those people who want to stand but won't be allowed to, to return their ST's and receive a full, no questions asked, refund.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Okay yesterday's performance turned into a disaster. Ultimately that the players and the coach have to take responsibility for that.

Not quite sure why some are blaming the owners or stating that they should 'hang their heads in shame'.

The signings we have made have by and large been solid. Granted Tore does not look too clever, but the Manager wanted him so you can hardly blame the board for that.

I do feel that we should have purchased a top dry centre half, but Arbeloa is solid and will improve the back four. I would start with Ogbonna rather than Collins tbh.

We are West Ham fans so should be used to set backs. Now is not the time to panic. Granted yesterday is cause for concern, but let's trust in the Manager and the squad to turn it around. I do however wonder how long the boards patience will last if we continue to see results such as yesterday. Given the money they have spent, I can see the Board bringing some pressure to bear on Slaven before too long.
0 x
Flairon

IRON-MAN ⚒

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:04 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
IRON-MAN ⚒ wrote:At 2-0 it should of been curtains at that point' but to lose 2-4 is an embarrassment, fucking buzzing till 4.45pm then my day whent down hill the cunts. :x :oops:

Same , lucky my gob is flexible otherwise I'd be standing on my head to turn my grin into a frown.

ha nice one
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:24 pm

0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Fuck me sideways, this tug fella is on a mission
0 x
COYI!!!

Return to “Match Day Threads”