West Ham vs Watford Match Thread (LINKS in first post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
ryanguitarhammer

Re: West Ham vs Watford Match Thread (LINKS in first post)

Postby ryanguitarhammer » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:14 pm

irishhammer wrote:
ryanguitarhammer wrote:Byram, Collins and Adrian have to be dropped after today.

add noble to that list as he to slow

Didn't notice him second half.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:18 pm

I think we got rid of the wrong defender.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Postby 1001 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:19 pm

eskimo joe wrote:I think we got rid of the wrong defender.

Copy that
0 x
The only West Ham fan in the village...

bighammerfan

Postby bighammerfan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Hopefully today is a wakeup call (remember the home game against Bournemouth last year?) but it is becoming apparent that James Collins, a player I've always liked is past his sell by date, luckily we have Tomkins waiting in the wings...wait a minute! Collins lack of pace was horribly exposed today as it was against Chelsea on a number of occasions and Reid isn't looking too sharp either. Ogbonna needs to play the next game his partnership with Reid was arguably the best we had last season. The time and effort spent trying to buy a striker this summer should have been used on a centre half Antonio can fill the CF spot and was already on the books. Nordtveit played CH for Norway in the week and looked OK in the position so maybe he is an option, we need to grind out a couple of boring 1-0 wins concentrating on the defensive side of the game before we try and set the league on fire with our expansive attacking play, oh and will somebody please send Tore back to Turkey sooner rather than later he is a waste of a place in the team or on the bench. whufc_crest
0 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:37 pm

It was utter wank!!
That is all I'm saying on the subject.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:41 pm

1st 40 minutes I thought was pretty good. Had Watford on the ropes. Then we just fell apart. 2nd half we were way too slow getting forward and had zero urgency to get the ball moving forward til Watford got back in shape. Also, Zaza has very little support. Crosses into the box were ok but nobody really was in the box. Agree our defence was a shambles today. Payet went quiet, noble kept getting caught. Best player was Antonio again by a country mile.

What a cross from Payet for our 2nd though :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
COYI!!!

jameskel

Postby jameskel » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:12 pm

fucking tripe.

At this rate, we will be able to get a season ticket next year, for 2 bob
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

CABRON

Postby CABRON » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Normal service resumed back in a relagation fight I'm distraught TBF it's been a terrible day had a massive massive barney with my mum over Payet after the game.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Bad day for me too....

Gets to Rayleigh....no trains between Southend and wickford. Replacement bus just left.

Luckily I got a lift to wickford so I could leave my car at the outlaws in Rayleigh.

Football was shit after a good 35 minutes.

Stratford- I get on the platform and a worker says next train to Southend is platform 10a. Got on the train, got a seat....happy days.

After shenfield, the train stops at Ingatestone on the way to Chelmsford. Wrong fuckin train.

To top it off, I cheekily asked if dad outlaw fancied picking me up from Wickford.

I then gets 2 more trains to get me back on route and gets off too early and now stuck in Billericay for 30 minutes.

Now dad outlaw is probably pissed off too.

I shoulda stayed at home. Today has been a seriously cunty day :oops: :evil: :cry:
Last edited by JayK on Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
COYI!!!

KingdomOfWHAM

Postby KingdomOfWHAM » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:48 pm

You can't blame today on any one single player. Everyone was at fault for today.

I won't take anything away from Watford because they were constantly dangerous but something happened to the players after our 2nd goal. We looked like a completely different side. It was almost as if at 2-0 up, the players thought it was already won and lost all concentration because all of a sudden we couldn't do anything right. Defending or attacking.

Furthermore, what took place in the stands was beyond unacceptable. I'm sure the likes of Geo, Gonzo and anyone else at the match today will give us the full details but from what I've seen it looked like the troubles have escalated and the standard of stewarding can't cope with it.
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”