West Ham vs Watford Match Thread (LINKS in first post)

Chat about anything football related here!
Oziron
Director of Avatars

Re: West Ham vs Watford Match Thread

Postby Oziron » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:23 am

'Payetandmash'.....Great username mate..... :D :D :D
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:08 am

I think this'll be the squad tomorrow......maybe :)

Adrian
Byram Reid Ogbog Masuaku
Noble Kouyate
Antonio Lanzini Payet
Zaza

Subs:
Randy
Collins
Obiang
Feghouli
Tore
Fletcher
Calleri
1 x
Can we get anymore Fubar’d?
COYI!!!

Payetandmash

Postby Payetandmash » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Oziron wrote:'Payetandmash'.....Great username mate..... :D :D :D

cheers mate only thing i could think off :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

SgtSteel

Postby SgtSteel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm getting a Tore tattoo on my back if he scores the winning goal tomorrow
0 x

bigfacemike

Postby bigfacemike » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:04 pm

i'M really EXCITED about tomorrow's game.
I really feels like the first game of the season. 3-1 to us methinks. Wildly optomistic, but I've always been a dreamer!
Line up... last year's best 11 but with Zazazazazazaza up front.
COYI
whufc_crest
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:13 pm

JayK wrote:I think this'll be the squad tomorrow......maybe :)

Adrian
Byram Reid Ogbog Masuaku
Noble Kouyate
Antonio Lanzini Payet
Zaza

Subs:
Randy
Collins
Obiang
Feghouli
Tore
Fletcher
Calleri

I like that line up.
But still have a gut feeling Slav will start with Tore though :(
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Doombar

Postby Doombar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Dont care who he picks as long as its the winning team. whufc_crest
0 x

HammerJammer

Postby HammerJammer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:43 pm

C+P from today's Guardian weekend preview:

Feghouli upstaging Payet
Towards the end of Sofiane Feghouli’s time at Grenoble the club’s director general, Pierre Wantiez, called the winger a “petit merdeux” – little shit – after, amid rumours of an imminent transfer, he played so poorly in a 4-0 defeat against Rennes that he was taken off after half an hour. He was picked for only two more games that season, and five in total, missing the remainder with a knee injury before leaving for Valencia on a free. “I’ll tell you what I think in all honesty,” Wantiez told the press. “You can write this, I stand by what I’m saying. I think he is being very badly advised. I think that he has around him people who, to make him feel better about himself, are telling him he’s God’s gift.” Towards the end of his time at Valencia Feghouli was suspended by the club for repeatedly missing training, and for refusing to take part in a post-match warm-down, claiming he had a sore ankle. Feghouli’s agent said Pako Ayestarán, Valencia’s coach, was “trying to build his own career by knocking down others”, but the player was not selected again and ended the league season with one goal and two assists, making it his least productive in Spain, before again departing on a free transfer. Once considered perhaps the most exciting young talent in France, Feghouli is now 26 and whatever is to follow for him at West Ham, it is unlikely to be dull. His first two competitive appearances, against Domzale in Europa League qualifiers, were promising, and having missed five club games with a hamstring injury, as well as Algeria’s 6-0 thrashing of Lesotho last week, he is now ready to make his Premier League debut. He may have picked a good game to do so, with Watford yet to win this season and pockets of space on the right flank likely to open up when the visitors’ wing-back – probably José Holebas – pushes forward. Should he be chosen in the starting XI, Dimitri Payet’s more hotly-anticipated return from injury could be upstaged.

Sounds like another case of talent vs. attitude that will test Slaven's staff management skills.
But before the N17 troll jumps all over this like a rash, let's remember that Bill Nicholson famously got rid of Graeme Souness, and even Ravel Morrison had his moments for us…
0 x
Click here and enter 1491 to block the TottenScum Troll

hammerman69

Postby hammerman69 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:08 pm

HammerJammer wrote:C+P from today's Guardian weekend preview:

Feghouli upstaging Payet
Towards the end of Sofiane Feghouli’s time at Grenoble the club’s director general, Pierre Wantiez, called the winger a “petit merdeux” – little shit – after, amid rumours of an imminent transfer, he played so poorly in a 4-0 defeat against Rennes that he was taken off after half an hour. He was picked for only two more games that season, and five in total, missing the remainder with a knee injury before leaving for Valencia on a free. “I’ll tell you what I think in all honesty,” Wantiez told the press. “You can write this, I stand by what I’m saying. I think he is being very badly advised. I think that he has around him people who, to make him feel better about himself, are telling him he’s God’s gift.” Towards the end of his time at Valencia Feghouli was suspended by the club for repeatedly missing training, and for refusing to take part in a post-match warm-down, claiming he had a sore ankle. Feghouli’s agent said Pako Ayestarán, Valencia’s coach, was “trying to build his own career by knocking down others”, but the player was not selected again and ended the league season with one goal and two assists, making it his least productive in Spain, before again departing on a free transfer. Once considered perhaps the most exciting young talent in France, Feghouli is now 26 and whatever is to follow for him at West Ham, it is unlikely to be dull. His first two competitive appearances, against Domzale in Europa League qualifiers, were promising, and having missed five club games with a hamstring injury, as well as Algeria’s 6-0 thrashing of Lesotho last week, he is now ready to make his Premier League debut. He may have picked a good game to do so, with Watford yet to win this season and pockets of space on the right flank likely to open up when the visitors’ wing-back – probably José Holebas – pushes forward. Should he be chosen in the starting XI, Dimitri Payet’s more hotly-anticipated return from injury could be upstaged.

Sounds like another case of talent vs. attitude that will test Slaven's staff management skills.
But before the N17 troll jumps all over this like a rash, let's remember that Bill Nicholson famously got rid of Graeme Souness, and even Ravel Morrison had his moments for us…

Payet was no angel in the past either. Neither was Demba Ba when we got him. Horses for courses.
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:17 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
JayK wrote:I think this'll be the squad tomorrow......maybe :)

Adrian
Byram Reid Ogbog Masuaku
Noble Kouyate
Antonio Lanzini Payet
Zaza

Subs:
Randy
Collins
Obiang
Feghouli
Tore
Fletcher