W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Castiron

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby Castiron » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:09 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
palerider wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
As many as that? :shock:

Could be worse. We could have bought him.

As said before, you buy Italian defenders, strikers never.

Zola, Di Canio, Inzhagi?
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:11 pm

We had this before who are Strikers out of them three?

Name three Italian strikers to have done well in the PL?

Zola and Di Canio scored goals, just not enough.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:13 pm

JayK wrote:Just finished watching 'tagg'. Thanks guys for what you do here.

Just a couple of things I picked up on...
No, Gonzo. I don't think you're judging Zaza too early. I think he has zero 1st touch, he's made of rubber and because of that our attack is over before it begins and the opposition counter and score.

One of you said about tracking back and said Antonio and Lanzini don't but Payet does. Well I saw a great tackle in our area by Antonio and often see him there. Totally disagree he doesn't track back. Agree Lanzini doesn't as much as last season. Payet I don't think does track back. I saw him do it once against Watford last week and the opposition got past him like he wasn't there. Maybe you're confusing Antonio and Payet.

Finally, Nordveit playing in all different positions is because he actually IS a fill gap and not better than others in those positions. He done ok today to be fair but not going forward.

Cheers Jay, it was quite therapeutic actually :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Let's be honest...... Zaza was a "clutching at straws because we'd been knocked back endless times" loan deal, as was Arbeloa.

How many big-time players with super-model WAGs turn up on loan deals and electrify a club outside of the "big boys"?
For every one good one you can count at least half a dozen turkeys.
0 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Buck has to stop with Slav. Although I like the man immensely, he's allowed an air of over confidence and self-congratulation to infiltrate the squad and now they (defence particularly) just can't deal with the pace and intensity of what they're having to deal with.

I think it Is the opposite to be honest. Slav was very cautious coming into the season. He was saying that the stadium could go against us and he didn't seem his normal calm self.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Gonzo wrote:

No, Gonzo. I don't think you're judging Zaza too early. I think he has zero 1st touch, he's made of rubber and because of that our attack is over before it begins and the opposition counter and score.

One of you said about tracking back and said Antonio and Lanzini don't but Payet does. Well I saw a great tackle in our area by Antonio and often see him there. Totally disagree he doesn't track back. Agree Lanzini doesn't as much as last season. Payet I don't think does track back. I saw him do it once against Watford last week and the opposition got past him like he wasn't there. Maybe you're confusing Antonio and Payet.

Finally, Nordveit playing in all different positions is because he actually IS a fill gap and not better than others in those positions. He done ok today to be fair but not going forward.

Good to get your frustrations out. I might buy a dartboard next week and print off player pics for it. I woulda been a bit speechless on air so fair play to ya
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:20 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:We had this before who are Strikers out of them three?

Name three Italian strikers to have done well in the PL?

Zola and Di Canio scored goals, just not enough.

Pelle done alright for the saints. Balotelli weren't bad for city either. He's just a bit fucked up in the head
0 x
COYI!!!

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:22 pm

JayK wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Good to get your frustrations out. I might buy a dartboard next week and print off player pics for it. I woulda been a bit speechless on air so fair play to ya

The thing is that they'll actually have to deal with it now because there is no crowd violence or stadium issues to hide behind. The focus is purely on the team
0 x

hammer23

Postby hammer23 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:22 pm

Spot on Geo with your words at the end of the W.brom review. It doesn't feel right. I read an article earlier today about a hotel selling tickets for over 100 quid and how Claret members are struggling for tickets. I'm currently living abroad and I have a membership but i'm starting to think with the lack of progress on this ticket exchange system they promised i'll never get to go to watch West Ham in the new stadium. We didn't even get anything for getting a membership this year and this still keep advertising for more to buy it. All they care about is money. How about stop the membership applications now so those who have it can at least get tickets!

That said, it sounds like the stadium has a lot of plastic fans and fans from other teams. I hope they all piss off. Fans wearing other teams shirts? do me a favour. Would I want to go and watch Spurs or Millwall just because they have cheaper tickets? No thank you! Anyway let's face it, if we don't improve all those "fans" will piss off anyway. I know of people who are at the new stadium who don't really care so much if West Ham lose they sort of support West Ham but in the past would only go to a game if they were playing well during a particular month. I can't stand these type of fans. They only got season tickets because they were cheap. I do think we have 45,000 of TRUE hammers fans there because we had 40,000 for the play off final in the championship before. But magically we increase to nearly 60,000. I'm sure many in that extra 20,000 are not true fans.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Gonzo wrote:
JayK wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

The thing is that they'll actually have to deal with it now because there is no crowd violence or stadium issues to hide behind. The focus is purely on the team

100% agree.
I'm putting this down to Slav tbh. A good team can't suddenly all turn to shit overnight. I am beginning to get a little twitchy now though and expectations gone missing now. I just expect them to appear on the pitch now
0 x
COYI!!!

Return to “Match Day Threads”