W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
ToneLoc

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Castiron wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
palerider wrote:Could be worse. We could have bought him.

As said before, you buy Italian defenders, strikers never.

Zola, Di Canio, Inzhagi?

Yes but apart from Zola, Di Canio, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Baggio, Vialli, Rossi........ what have the Romans ever done for us? ;)
1 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:29 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:We had this before who are Strikers out of them three?

Name three Italian strikers to have done well in the PL?

Zola and Di Canio scored goals, just not enough.

Ravenelli, Vialli and... :?:
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:36 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:

Out of all the 6/7 names banded about only Ravenelli had a good season or two and scored a few goals, all the others
score bundles in other countries , but when they come to the PL sadly it does not happen. Don't believe me, then use our Google friend.
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:42 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:

Out of all the 6/7 names banded about only Ravenelli had a good season or two and scored a few goals, all the others
score bundles in other countries , but when they come to the PL sadly it does not happen. Don't believe me, then use our Google friend.

Pelle'?
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:47 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:

Ahhhh you're talking Italian strikers that "came to the Premier League" :D
Sorry mate, I should have put two and two together but I was so desperate to get in my "Life of Brian" quote.
To be fair, the reason that there hasn't been too many Italian striker success stories in the Prem is mainly because the top top strikers have never came.
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:52 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:

Sorry mate, I should have put two and two together but I was so desperate to get in my "Life of Brian" quote.
To be fair, the reason that there hasn't been too many Italian striker success stories in the Prem is mainly because the top top strikers have never came.

They never came because no one wanted them, the top six PL clubs would throw enough money at them to get anyone they wanted if they were that good, who did we have to barge out of the way to get ZaZa?
Nobody is the answer, who else wanted him, similar to Valencia really.
0 x

BlowingBubbles

Postby BlowingBubbles » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:55 pm

I am afraid Bilic has been stuborn this summer about wanting to play Antonio at RB, That's prob why they got Ajew and we are now without a decent RB. We've got Arbeloa but he is not used to play under (PL) pressure the last years, he's been playing for a team that put's oponents under pressure..... Instead of buying a good RB and topclass central defender we are stuck with a Foreing Legion of non PL experianced players we hardly needed witth what we allready had. Fegouli, Fernandes and Tore: needed when you have Payet, Lanzini and Antonio (unless you persist in wanting to play him RB)? Caleri and Zaza: no PL experience, Calieri not even European experience. Would we not have been better of with a Calum Wilson kind of player? Nordveit: if not played CM, why did we need him? Only guy I think is a great signing is Masuaku, but he is only there because of Cresswell's injury. I do hope when Cresswell is back Masuaku will play left midfileder in a 4-4-2. We gonna need to prepare for relegation battle, that's how I see things right now.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:

They never came because no one wanted them, the top six PL clubs would throw enough money at them to get anyone they wanted if they were that good, who did we have to barge out of the way to get ZaZa?

Napoli actually.

And they put up a fight ! But once mini-Chuckle bared his teeth they turned tail and retreated like all good Italians.

That and the realisation that the Zaza in question wasn't a 90 year-old Hungarian actress. Who would by the way, have been as mobile today.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:01 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:

Yeah but Zaza's not a top Italian striker and wasn't in my list.
Are you telling me that no Prem club wouldn't have loved to have had Inzaghi, Baggio or Del Piero in their prime?
When they were in their respective primes, the Italian clubs were the money boys and we're doing the winning. That's why we never saw them.

However, I DO agree that there's not really much good up front for Italy at the moment.
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:05 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Ahhhh you're talking Italian strikers that "came to the Premier League" :D

Yeah but Zaza's not a top Italian striker and wasn't in my list.
Are you telling me that no Prem club wouldn't have loved to have had Inzaghi, Baggio or Del Piero in their prime?
When they were in their respective primes, the Italian clubs were the money boys and we're doing the winning. That's why we never saw them.

However, I DO agree that there's not really much good up front for Italy at the moment.

With his fee and wages we are paying £170,00+ a week for 52 weeks, for the efforts of ZaZa, how shit is that.
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”