W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:20 pm

dagenhamdave wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:
They never came because no one wanted them, the top six PL clubs would throw enough money at them to get anyone they wanted if they were that good, who did we have to barge out of the way to get ZaZa?
Nobody is the answer, who else wanted him, similar to Valencia really.

Yeah but Zaza's not a top Italian striker and wasn't in my list.
Are you telling me that no Prem club wouldn't have loved to have had Inzaghi, Baggio or Del Piero in their prime?
When they were in their respective primes, the Italian clubs were the money boys and we're doing the winning. That's why we never saw them.

However, I DO agree that there's not really much good up front for Italy at the moment.


With his fee and wages we are paying £170,00+ a week for 52 weeks, for the efforts of ZaZa, how shit is that.

Makes your fucking eyes water doesn't it?
0 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

SgtSteel
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby SgtSteel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm

I know Zaza didn't look good but isn't too early to judge a foreign striker just after two PL games?
Give him some time I'm sure he will get better. Good thing is that we know we can score goals even without a proper striker.

Slaven needs to fix our defence and we will start picking points in no time
1 x

User avatar
ticker
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby ticker » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:29 pm

So 71% possession 23 shots but only 5 on target but only 1 less than west brom on target just shows you what a fucked up game football is at times. So do we now go Arbeloa Oxford Reid ogbonna in front of Randolph. I also remember cresswell getting stick early doors last season so maybe Arthur should get a bit longer win the next three we'll be up and running,three defeats and it will be a long long season and we thought Upton Park was jinxed this new stadium as already got a hex on it
0 x

User avatar
westsideboy
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:32 am

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby westsideboy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:54 pm

West Brom had scored 7 in the last 14. Have only won one game in 6 months, one in the last 13, hadn't scored more than 2 goals in a game for a year. Hadn't scored a goal in open play this season.

But hold on West Ham are coming to town, why o why o why are we always the fall guys to teams that can't win, can't score, can't do fuck all.

Annoyed don't begin to explain how I feel tonight, that's all.
1 x

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 2513
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby IronsForever » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Doesn't look like the strikers have a clue what they are supposed to do. Hell i have no idea when i watch them. Zaza has very little pace so he has to go through the middle.. Calleri needs to come deeper and shake off marker and then make runs and the players joining up attacks need to make runs and create space. I can't see any of this when i watch them, which results in a packed area trying to find tiny openings and to be fair Payet tried like hell to create something but the space wasn't there. We have the players to be a top 8 side at least but they look like they have no idea whats going on out there waiting for lanzini or payet to try a trick or 2. How many times does Noble run back to get the ball off Ginger then pass it square? All them square passes do is allow the opposition to solidify there lines of defense! The team is very disjointed right now and they need to address that because that is a serious problem that can take a while to correct.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 4780
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:34 pm

IronsForever wrote:Doesn't look like the strikers have a clue what they are supposed to do. Hell i have no idea when i watch them. Zaza has very little pace so he has to go through the middle.. Calleri needs to come deeper and shake off marker and then make runs and the players joining up attacks need to make runs and create space. I can't see any of this when i watch them, which results in a packed area trying to find tiny openings and to be fair Payet tried like hell to create something but the space wasn't there. We have the players to be a top 8 side at least but they look like they have no idea whats going on out there waiting for lanzini or payet to try a trick or 2. How many times does Noble run back to get the ball off Ginger then pass it square? All them square passes do is allow the opposition to solidify there lines of defense! The team is very disjointed right now and they need to address that because that is a serious problem that can take a while to correct.
We could use some of Sakho's pace, energy and workrate but he's both injured and mid-blobstrop.
0 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 2513
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby IronsForever » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Exactly Tone. Sako was awesome defensively for us last year! The defense has to begin from there. and filter back.

Might as well play Reid at right back. Oxford and Obgnna in Mid and Masua left back. At least that looks better than what we have right now.Sit Noble and Nordviet in front of them and let 3 attacking mid fielders have a free pass.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:33 pm

westsideboy wrote:West Brom had scored 7 in the last 14. Have only won one game in 6 months, one in the last 13, hadn't scored more than 2 goals in a game for a year. Hadn't scored a goal in open play this season.

But hold on West Ham are coming to town, why o why o why are we always the fall guys to teams that can't win, can't score, can't do fuck all.

Annoyed don't begin to explain how I feel tonight, that's all.


Spot on mate..How the f*ck can this happen?When was the last time WBA scored 4 in top flight football?Quite a few years ago(Know they hit 4 against us in cup a few seasons ago) I say,especially under Pullis.

When did Watford score 4 last in top flight?Many moons ago.

Something is not right.Conceding 4 goals 2 games running against Relegation fodder is not on at all.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 2815
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:46 pm

The whole defensive performance was shambolic and quite how Obiang isn't found a starting place beats me. Imo he's our best defensive midfield player. Nordtvedt doesn't have the pace to play at RB and I would suggest a half fit Arbeloa would have been a better option, although having said that hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But what worried me more than anything else was WBA's l;ast goal. My Under 16 lads have a game tomorrow and if they conceded a goal like that I'd pack up the coaching mullarkey right away. I've not seen the highlights but it looked as if every single outfield player was camped in or around Albion's bloody penalty area. A bunch of kids know better than to leave yourself exposed like that ffs.

There is no doubt we have players with ability in the squad but the whole balance of the side just seems completely wrong. Bringing in Obiang is for me a must.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

User avatar
Castiron
Posts: 1523
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: W.Brom v WHUFC (streams + videos Opening Post)

Postby Castiron » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:14 am

Whiskyman wrote:The whole defensive performance was shambolic and quite how Obiang isn't found a starting place beats me. Imo he's our best defensive midfield player. Nordtvedt doesn't have the pace to play at RB and I would suggest a half fit Arbeloa would have been a better option, although having said that hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But what worried me more than anything else was WBA's l;ast goal. My Under 16 lads have a game tomorrow and if they conceded a goal like that I'd pack up the coaching mullarkey right away. I've not seen the highlights but it looked as if every single outfield player was camped in or around Albion's bloody penalty area. A bunch of kids know better than to leave yourself exposed like that ffs.

There is no doubt we have players with ability in the squad but the whole balance of the side just seems completely wrong. Bringing in Obiang is for me a must.

Definitely agree regarding Obiang. I didn't see it today, but just seen the highlights. Masuaka! Fucking hell. What an absolute shocker.
We were forced into buying a left back, we shouldn't be forced, we should have adequate cover for all positions.
The sooner Cresswell gets back the better.
Ogbonna looked like he was sulking because he's been dropped.
Last season Slav was upbeat, encouraging all the time. At the moment he looks a beaten man, a shadow of last season.
I don't know what's going/gone on but the togetherness is not there at the moment.
0 x


Return to “Match Day Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests