West Ham v Middlesbrough - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Taansend

West Ham v Middlesbrough - Official Match Thread

Postby Taansend » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:39 pm

In 686, a monastic cell was consecrated by St. Cuthbert at the request of St. Hilda, Abbess of Whitby and in 1119 Robert Bruce, Lord of Cleveland and Annandale, granted and confirmed the church of St. Hilda of Middleburg to Whitby.

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. During the latter half of the 19th century, however, it experienced rapid growth.

The 1871 census of England & Wales showed that Middlesbrough had the second highest percentage of Irish born people in England after Liverpool.

We've met Boro 58 times in the league winning 24 & drawing 12. Our biggest winning margin was 4-0 back in 1999 when Frank Lampard, Marc Keller, Trevor Sinclair & Paolo Di Canio got the goals in a game that also featured Marc Foe & a young Joe Cole on the bench.

They beat us 6-0 back in the 50's.

Not sure if Sakho is available for this. Psycho Room says he is but I heard AFTER the International break, whenever that is (Allardyce is taking an International break right now :i am genuinely amused: )

Boro started the season well with 5 points from their first three games but have since lost three on the trot (sounds familiar).

My team would be...

Adrian
Reid Oxford Ogbog
Antonio Kouyate Obiang Quinoa
Lanzini Fletcer Payet

But I'm a daft cunt anyway. Bilic will go with something that looks more like.......

Adrian
Ebola Reid Ogbog Byram
Antonio Noble Kouyate
Lanzini Payet
Zaza

This could be a dismal game with the current form of both teams or it could be a cracker. We've been giving teams going through a bad spell a leg up lately & I hope it doesn't happen here.

Prediction 2-2.
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Re: West Ham v Middlesbrough - Official Match Thread

Postby redhammer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 pm

STREAMS

IronsTv http://ironstv.com/
More to come
1 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 pm

Thank fuck for that :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:23 pm

We normally win when Taans originates the official match thread - a good omen
1 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 am

BlackDiamond wrote:We normally win when Taans originates the official match thread - a good omen

I hope your right BD!Becsuse we need to win Saturday.
0 x

The_Kiwi_Hammer

Postby The_Kiwi_Hammer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:49 am

Seeing some of the predictions for the teams and I think that Bilic will probably end up bugging the hell out of us with whoever he chooses. Ideally, I'd like to see Fletcher, Oxford and that Martinez guy who plays for the club in PL2.

Whoever is chosen to play has to deliver some points this week. Part of me is thinking 3-2 Boro but I'm going to predict a 2-1 win to Boro!

Either way though, we have gotta start winning some games!! whufc_crest
0 x
--The Kiwi Hammer

palerider

Postby palerider » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:50 am

Taansend wrote:In 686, a monastic cell was consecrated by St. Cuthbert at the request of St. Hilda, Abbess of Whitby and in 1119 Robert Bruce, Lord of Cleveland and Annandale, granted and confirmed the church of St. Hilda of Middleburg to Whitby.

In 1801, Middlesbrough was a small farm with a population of just 25. During the latter half of the 19th century, however, it experienced rapid growth.

The 1871 census of England & Wales showed that Middlesbrough had the second highest percentage of Irish born people in England after Liverpool.

We've met Boro 58 times in the league winning 24 & drawing 12. Our biggest winning margin was 4-0 back in 1999 when Frank Lampard, Marc Keller, Trevor Sinclair & Paolo Di Canio got the goals in a game that also featured Marc Foe & a young Joe Cole on the bench.

They beat us 6-0 back in the 50's.

Not sure if Sakho is available for this. Psycho Room says he is but I heard AFTER the International break, whenever that is (Allardyce is taking an International break right now :i am easily amused: )

Boro started the season well with 5 points from their first three games but have since lost three on the trot (sounds familiar).

My team would be...

Adrian
Reid Oxford Ogbog
Antonio Kouyate Obiang Quinoa
Lanzini Fletcer Payet

But I'm a daft cunt anyway. Bilic will go with something that looks more like.......

Adrian
Ebola Reid Ogbog Byram
Antonio Noble Kouyate
Lanzini Payet
Zaza

This could be a dismal game with the current form of both teams or it could be a cracker. We've been giving teams going through a bad spell a leg up lately & I hope it doesn't happen here.

Prediction 2-2.

I can't see Byram playing. I think he'll play Spiegel, our third-choice keeper there.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 am

Rudolph

Arbeola oxford Reid ogbonna

Nordvelt

Antonio. Payet Obianne

zaza

Fletcher

0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:51 am

I would go:

---------------Adrian----------------
---------------------------------------
Byram----Collins--Ogbonna----Arbeloa
------------------------------------------
-----------Oxford---Obiang-------------
--------------------------------------------
------------------Noble--------------------
---------------------------------------------
--Antonio-------------------------Payet--
-----------------Fletcher-------------------

Strengthen the centre of midfield with 2 proper defensive midfielders. After recent results our aim should
to be solid first, worry about conceding rather than scoring, yes i know we're playing Middlesbrough!
3 x

thomasdown480

Postby thomasdown480 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Lose this and we are really in the shit
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”