West Ham v Palace - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Newmarket

Re: West Ham v Palace - Official Match Thread

Postby Newmarket » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:40 pm

Well I didn't see that coming . Well pleased for Bilic but even more pleased for me cos I was getting pissed off watching the sane old shit week in week out .
Kouyote was a rock in defence as was Reid .
Obiang mom again imo and Zaza played a blinder .
If it wasn't for the ridiculous terms of his loan agreement I'd be quite happy to let him find his feet cos he'all get there in the end , just not soon enough.
Payet went missing so luckily Lanzini decided to turn up for a change.

Looks like Ogbog at LB next week then :)
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Match Review Video

Postby redhammer » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:40 pm

Broga81 wrote:Good review guys, summed up my feelings towards today.

Regarding Zaza I feel he needs to demand the ball more. There were times he was behind the play when someone like Carroll would've been screaming for the ball to be played in or crossed. However the boy ran his socks off today.
Get a goal against Sunderland then we can see what happens against the big boys.

Reid was MOM today, bossed the defence around and kept everyone in check at the back.

Happy Hammer once again.

I have to admit, he was a little strange on a couple of occasions Zaza, like he was not sure where to be, but perhaps he needs to get to know his team mates more etc but waving your arm about and screaming 'HERE' is usually enough to get the ball, regardless of your buddies language,
1 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:41 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
Castiron wrote:1 game. But we must be able to appeal. They have only got to look at the replay and it was a definite pen ffs

We can't

Straight reds only

Yet another pathetic rule that could be changed with the click of a finger that these fuckwits just won't do

Absolutely.

When there's been such an obvious error the PL should just over-rule it. But they'll always protect their referees.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Chicken Runner

Postby Chicken Runner » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:36 pm

Phew! Thank god for that. That's more like the West Ham from last year!
3 points and out of the drop zone shakeass
Onwards and upwards!!
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 pm

gazhammer wrote:I just posted a reply, fucking shit board and too many ads

May I refer you to the 'Grumpy Fucker' thread on General Chat board....... shakeass shakeass
0 x

whu

Postby whu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:53 pm

fucking get in

whufc_crest
0 x
NO SURRENDER

Thailandkev

Postby Thailandkev » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:23 am

Great team performance yesterday from all the players only ruined by some very poor refs decisions .
How much have we missed cresswell gutted he'll miss the Sunderland game .
Everything considered lots of players away on international duty etc thought we dug deep to get the win .
People say payet went missing is crazy where ever he was on the pitch he had 2/3 men on him which opens up spaces for the other players the difference about yesterday was the rest of the team stepped up and wanted the ball instead of just waiting for payet to do something .
Special mention to obiang and Zaza really put a shift in both of them .
Regarding Zaza he is definatly not a number 9 he needs someone up front with him so I guess unless he can change his game I can't see him being here long term TBH as we only play with 1 upfront in most games .
Stilll a happy Sunday and hopefully a positive week for us hammers
COYI
0 x

teddybard

Re: Match Review LIVE at full time

Postby teddybard » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:45 am

belfasthammer wrote:Good review of game Agrre with most points Re Zaza we have to use him for a few games anyway so lets hope that todays much improved performance is not a one-off Great to get a wIn so that I can enjoy the weekend Its been a while COYI

with you on that one Zaza is getting fitter, working better and beginning to look like he understands the system
nice to see Cressie back again, all be it briefly and among the action perhaps a few less cards in future but I put that down to rust and [highlight=]weak[/highlight] no Piss poor refereeing.
Signs of an improvement COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest
0 x
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:26 am

Good review lads. It must be nice to do one after a good performance and a win. Happy days.
0 x
Flairon

bigfacemike

Postby bigfacemike » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Another good review guys. Obiang & Reid were excellent, and I really liked the three at the back shape. Creswell was booked for diving when it was clearly a stone wall penalty. Even in the away end we could see that.
Zaza worked hard but seems to lack quality. However, great to see the fans get behind him, and I really think that helped up his work rate! Lanzini was back to something like his best as well.
It was a well deserved win, and certainly for most of the first half we looked like last seasons West Ham when going forward. And that is a really goo thing.
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”