Taaansend's official Sunderland match thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
redhammer
Site Admin

Taaansend's official Sunderland match thread

Postby redhammer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 pm

What do James Bolam, Bryan Ferry, Billy Hardy & Jimmy Nail have in common?

That's right, they were all born or have lived in Sunderland :D

Our record against Sunderland is 35 wins, 31 losses & 24 draws. Our last loss was 3-0 at their place in January 2013. Their goals were scored by Larsson, Johnson & McClean. Since then we've been unbeaten in six games - 3 wins, 3 draws.

In October 1989, shortly after my 21st birthday, we spanked them 5 nil with Allen, Slater, Keen & a Dolan brace wrapping things up. Who was there that day? It was back in the old Division 2.

Our record against Moyes at Everton is pretty shite. I think it's only 2 wins from 17 games (league & cup) with our last win being in 2007. Zamora scored & Noble & Ginge both started.

They currently sit bottom of the league on 2 points, with draws at Southampton & at home to West Brom being the only times they haven't lost. Their goal difference is -9 while ours is -8.

A win on Saturday could see us move up two places to 13th, above Leicester if they fail to beat Palace.

As for our team, Ayew is back in training & could return in a week or two. Not too sure about Sakho yet & Carroll is still in intensive care. We will be missing Cresswell, who is the most important player (not named Payet) in Bilics preferred tactics - in my humble opinion. He is the player that allows Payet to perform at his best.

Apparently we played a 3-1-4-2 last week although I'm not sure who the other forward was. Do formations actually mean anything anymore? Players are so fluid nowadays you could be a 4-4-2 or a 5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 within a 20 minute period.

Lanzini & Obiang were the engines driving our team last week so hopefully they can keep up their great form & some others can raise theirs.

I'm guessing we start with something like.....

Adrian
Reid Kouyate Ogbog
Antonio Noble Obiang Feghouli
Lanzini Zaza Payet

We've looked better in the last two games while Sunderland have looked crap & have yet to win so you can be certain that they'll nab all three points on Saturday :i am genuinely amused:

I'm going with a good performance from us & a 3-0 win with Zaza finally getting off the mark.

I have a yap with Gonzo & Jason about Saturday's game.

We natter about the Black Cats & if they are already fucked, is Moyes to blame & just how shit are they?

For us it's about who comes in for Cressswell and what does it do to the shape of the side?

Lastly, are we all confident? They have 2 points from 8 games but one of these sides have a good record v the other and Moyes record against West Ham is pretty good!!

Slav has some big calls to make. They are shit and this is a must win, not due to us but due to them being so crap, anything else be a bit embarrassing.

Cresswell is suspended so we only missing one player from the side that started v Palace but I'd argue he is the only player that you couldn't replace and keep the same sort of formation.

Slav has already said it can't work without Cresswell or Masuaku so what does he do?

Arbeloa won't be back for a few weeks for a certain reason, so who places RB? Antonio, Nordtveit or try Oxford? Is Cheik staying CB? Maybe Feghouli comes in or perhaps even he goes two up top? Will Ogbonna go left back or will Slav try something else?
I have a yap with Gonzo & Jason about Saturday's game.

We natter about the Black Cats & if they are already fucked, is Moyes to blame & just how shit are they?

For us it's about who comes in for Cressswell and what does it do to the shape of the side?

Lastly, are we all confident? They have 2 points from 8 games but one of these sides have a good record v the other and Moyes record against West Ham is pretty good!!
0 x

belfasthammer

Re: Line Up To Play Sunderland

Postby belfasthammer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Would try Oxford but he hasnt even been on bench lately. Think he will go with basically the Palace team with Nordveidt at LB
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:03 pm

There is what I would like to see and there is what Bilic will do .

He'll play Ogbog at LB and Antonio at RB surely ? Norveidt is an even bigger liability there than Antonio ...

My eleven ?

Adrian
Antonio
Kouyote
Reid
Ogbog
Obiang
Noble
Lanzini
Payet
Zaza
Calleri
0 x

Lyalls Cockney Kings

Postby Lyalls Cockney Kings » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 pm

I think he will and should do this:

Keep the same formation as v Palace. Put Ogbonna left back and bring Collins into the middle.

Sorted!
1 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Lyalls Cockney Kings wrote:I think he will and should do this:

Keep the same formation as v Palace. Put Ogbonna left back and bring Collins into the middle.

Sorted!

I agree with same formation but I think Defoe would skin Collins. Is Arbeloa fit? if not then Oxford central and Ogbonna on the left. or knowing Slav likes to fuck around Fergouhli as left wing back!!
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:42 pm

There's no way on this earth that Ogbonna is a wing back and if Collins comes into a back 3 then Defoe gets a clean run at goal or as good as .
Bilic has got problems here .

Anybody know the mysterious reason behind Arbeola's absence ?
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 pm

I think he'll go 4-4-2 with Antonio the surprise CF alongside Zaza.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

IRON-MAN ⚒

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:13 pm

3-4-3 is his plan but now creswell is out on saturday it changes thinngs just like are shity weather whufc_crest
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Unfortunately Ogbonna is not mobile enough to play as a wing back so I think we'll have to revert to a 4231 although I'd go with plain old 442.

Arbeloa Reid Kouyate Ogbonna

Antonio Lanzini Obiang Payet

Zaza Sakho
0 x

deanox

Postby deanox » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:37 pm

Gonzo wrote:Unfortunately Ogbonna is not mobile enough to play as a wing back so I think we'll have to revert to a 4231 although I'd go with plain old 442.

Arbeloa Reid Kouyate Ogbonna

Antonio Lanzini Obiang Payet

Zaza Sakho

Sakho!!! is he finally fit?
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Return to “Match Day Threads”