West Ham v Chelsea - Official Match Thread (EFL Stylee)

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Taansend

West Ham v Chelsea - Official Match Thread (EFL Stylee)

Postby Taansend » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 am

STREAMS
Ironstv http://ironstv.com/
live9 http://live9.net/live52.html
Cric http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/west-ham-united-vs-chelsea-live-streaming

West Ham welcome Chelsea FC to our new ground on Wednesday night in the English Football League Cup.

We were undefeated against them last season but lost the opening game this season at Stamford Bridge.

Prior to these games we had only beaten them ONCE in the previous NINETEEN games, when Club Legend Carlton Cole led a comeback in a 3-1 win with Diame & Maiga scoring in the last 5 minutes. That was December 1st 2012.

On a side note, CHELSEA Clinton could be the first American to have BOTH parents serve as President of the United States.

Chelsea started the season well winning all 4 games in August (3 league, 1 cup) before a rough September saw them lose 2 & draw 1 in the league as well as coming back from 2-0 down to beat Leicester 4-2 in this up.

Their October has been great with Chelsea scoring NINE goals against NONE in 3 wins against Hull, Leicester & Man Utd. Their goals are coming from all over their team too. They're currently the form team in the top flight

West Ham have also been an improved team in October with only 1 goal let in. We're still not firing on all cylinders but are grinding out results now, especially when you consider we let in FOURTEEN goals in our previous 4 league games.

We scraped by Accrington Stanley last leg thanks to that man Payet and will be hoping he's on form again this week.

I would imagine a full strength team as we've had an extra days rest on Chelsea & do not play until Sunday afternoon.

Normally Randolph would be the only obvious change but he was suffering a bad back recently (I think) so who knows as Adrian has made some fantastic saves lately.

Cresswell should be allowed to play (please correct me if I'm wrong) so we could see a similar team to the one that started against Palace although I do think we'll see Fletcher or Calleri start in place of Zaza - and a decent performance could see them start on Sunday.

Who knows, we may even see Ayew play some part.

I'm not going to predict a team or a result. Chelsea are on fire at the moment while we're still regaining our confidence. Hoping we have a noisy crowd & a great team performance to really help us push on as we play half a dozen top teams in our next 7 games.

On another side note, my first holiday on my own was 30th March 1986. I went to Southern Portugal with my mate, Richard. I was 17 & got sunburnt every day & drunk every day too. And every night. The day before we left I went on a shop(lifting)ing spree around London & was in the Kings Road when the Chelsea game got out. West Ham won there 4-0.

Our team that day was 9 English & 2 Scottish....

Parkes Stewart Gale Hilton Devonshire Dickens Parris Pike Ward Cottee McAvennie

and Frank Macca & Devo got a goal each while Cottee got a brace.

There were lots of rucks in the Kings Road as I remember. I'd just got the Mel Gibson mullet (short on top & permed at the back) and was wearing a new floralish/paisleyish long shirt, which was hanging above my white cotton strides and my boaters shoes - otherwise I would have joined in & battered several Chelsea slags :i am genuinely amused:

On another, other side note, Chelsea started with 5 Scots & 6 English that day.

I wonder how many people born on our chilly, rocky island will be starting on Wednesday?
2 x

JayK

Re: West Ham v Chelsea - Official Match Thread (EFL Stylee)

Postby JayK » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:25 am

Nice job Taans!!
I kinda hope we play quite a changed side Wednesday. Give a few a run out and rest some 1st teamers. I have expectation in this game and the Prem is more important.
1 x
COYI!!!

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:46 am

JayK wrote:Nice job Taans!!
I kinda hope we play quite a changed side Wednesday. Give a few a run out and rest some 1st teamers. I have expectation in this game and the Prem is more important.

We're most likely looking at 8-14 this season so I think Bilic will try to do well in the cups.
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:35 am

Manure are shite, Chelski were lucky, Us to win 2-1. COYI!!!!

Hey Taans, the Kings Rd was easy for shoplifters. I scored a couple of nice jumpers there years ago!!
0 x

belfasthammer

Postby belfasthammer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:49 am

Taansend wrote:West Ham welcome Chelsea FC to our new ground on Wednesday night in the English Football League Cup.

We were undefeated against them last season but lost the opening game this season at Stamford Bridge.

Prior to these games we had only beaten them ONCE in the previous NINETEEN games, when Club Legend Carlton Cole led a comeback in a 3-1 win with Diame & Maiga scoring in the last 5 minutes. That was December 1st 2012.

On a side note, CHELSEA Clinton could be the first American to have BOTH parents serve as President of the United States.

Chelsea started the season well winning all 4 games in August (3 league, 1 cup) before a rough September saw them lose 2 & draw 1 in the league as well as coming back from 2-0 down to beat Leicester 4-2 in this up.

Their October has been great with Chelsea scoring NINE goals against NONE in 3 wins against Hull, Leicester & Man Utd. Their goals are coming from all over their team too. They're currently the form team in the top flight

West Ham have also been an improved team in October with only 1 goal let in. We're still not firing on all cylinders but are grinding out results now, especially when you consider we let in FOURTEEN goals in our previous 4 league games.

We scraped by Accrington Stanley last leg thanks to that man Payet and will be hoping he's on form again this week.

I would imagine a full strength team as we've had an extra days rest on Chelsea & do not play until Sunday afternoon.

Normally Randolph would be the only obvious change but he was suffering a bad back recently (I think) so who knows as Adrian has made some fantastic saves lately.

Cresswell should be allowed to play (please correct me if I'm wrong) so we could see a similar team to the one that started against Palace although I do think we'll see Fletcher or Calleri start in place of Zaza - and a decent performance could see them start on Sunday.

Who knows, we may even see Ayew play some part.

I'm not going to predict a team or a result. Chelsea are on fire at the moment while we're still regaining our confidence. Hoping we have a noisy crowd & a great team performance to really help us push on as we play half a dozen top teams in our next 7 games.

On another side note, my first holiday on my own was 30th March 1986. I went to Southern Portugal with my mate, Richard. I was 17 & got sunburnt every day & drunk every day too. And every night. The day before we left I went on a shop(lifting)ing spree around London & was in the Kings Road when the Chelsea game got out. West Ham won there 4-0.

Our team that day was 9 English & 2 Scottish....

Parkes Stewart Gale Hilton Devonshire Dickens Parris Pike Ward Cottee McAvennie

and Frank Macca & Devo got a goal each while Cottee got a brace.

There were lots of rucks in the Kings Road as I remember. I'd just got the Mel Gibson mullet (short on top & permed at the back) and was wearing a new floralish/paisleyish long shirt, which was hanging above my white cotton strides and my boaters shoes - otherwise I would have joined in & battered several Chelsea slags :i am genuinely amused:

On another, other side note, Chelsea started with 5 Scots & 6 English that day.

I wonder how many people born on our chilly, rocky island will be starting on Wednesday?

Was at that game v Chelsea and I swear we eased up in the second half Geordie Parris nearly scored a goal where he beat about 10 players and even better we beat Spurs at UP on the Monday Best WHUFC weekend ever
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:20 am

JayK wrote:!

Completely agree. An ideal opportunity to give the likes of Oxford, Browne, Martinez and any other likely lads from the Under 23's a chance to show what they can do.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

JayK

Postby JayK » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
JayK wrote:!

Completely agree. An ideal opportunity to give the likes of Oxford, Browne, Martinez and any other likely lads from the Under 23's a chance to show what they can do.

Exactly. And I meant to say zero expectation but I think you worked that out anyway, you clever old sod :-)
0 x
COYI!!!

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Id go:

----------------Adrian-------------
--------Kouyate, Reid, Oxford-------
Fernandes----------------------Cresswell
-------------Noble--Obiang-------------
Feghouli-------Antonio----------Payet

Subs:
Spiegel, Collins, Ogbonna, Browne, Lanzini, Zaza, Fletcher
0 x

Thailandkev

Postby Thailandkev » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Don't think we will see Antonio on Wednesday , they said on tv that he was taken off with a tight hamstring which I think he did at palace the week before so I guess he needs a break .
Would like to see fletcher up front on Wednesday
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Thailandkev wrote:Don't think we will see Antonio on Wednesday , they said on tv that he was taken off with a tight hamstring which I think he did at palace the week before so I guess he needs a break .
Would like to see fletcher up front on Wednesday

Not a bad thing in my opinion. Antonio rested (and reminded about his lack of effort and attitude recently) with Cresswell coming in left wing back, Zaza out for Martinez.

Not sure about right wing back, Fernandes got done a couple of times defensively and Sunderland is one thing (conceded a dangerous free kick as was caught wrong side) but against Hazard if RWB is another, not sure who i would play there though, not much options if Arbeloa is still not able to be picked yet, not too keen on Nordtveit there either.

Actually fuck it. Oxford RWB.
1 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”