Everton v West Ham official match thread & preview

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
IronsForever

Re: Everton v West Ham official match thread & preview

Postby IronsForever » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Newmarket wrote:See what a couple of scraper league wins and a cup victory can do ?

I wish I could be most genuinely amused but I can't .

Last years freak season apart , we always lose at Everton , Lukaku always always always scores against us and the manager makes unfathomable substitutions.

What's new ?

It wasn't THAT bad today . We learnt a few things.

Fernandes can't defend but I like him a lot .
I'm thinking (still) that he must play in an offensive midfield position instead of LanZini or Payet in rotation especially away from home.
Bilic seemed to switch Noble and Obiang out of the position today and it didn't work.

Bringing on Zaza when the game was already lost was just wasting games from Zaza's loan agreement , hopefully speeding up his departure .

Our players are not fit enough to play 180 minutes football in a week even though they fucking well should be able too and finally ...

pingpong is no judge of a centre back :i am genuinely amused:

Good post ! totally agree.
The problem with Noble sometimes, especially away from home he runs into the players space who has the ball and brings along a marker to cut down that space . His work ethic is amazing and he was brilliant against Chelsea but he needs to stop being Mother Hen and let Obiang or Kouyate do more when we are building an attack. He used so much energy up today running around that middle instead of sticking close to Barkley which would have been more productive.
Last edited by IronsForever on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Ironworksfc

Postby Ironworksfc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Ironworksfc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Payet was shit today but he wasn't on his own but he'll be back soon enough and I'd not be surprised if he scored and created goals against Stoke.

I would certainly like to see him closer to the opposition goal though because there was a huge void between Antonio and the midfield today.

Doesn't show up for Everton but will against stoke. is that an excuse Gonzo?

Best paid player we have and not very consistent even with the free kicks, which I can't get my head around.

But we can't afford the genius player that performs home and away without any drop in performance, I'd put Sanchez & De Bruyne in that bracket but they'd be £60m.

It's always been the same, we couldn't afford Bergkamp or Zola so we get the flawed fascist Italian who attacks referees and doesn't attend away games.

If the choice was to get rid of Payet and bring in Griezmann then fair enough but that's not what would happen. We'd get someone who wasn't quite as skillful, didn't score as many goals and certainly didn't set up as many but would run up and down all day . . . . . . . . my guess is somebody like Andros Townsend or Gylfi Sigurdsson.

I'll keep Payet thanks

So what do you get for his weekly wage then? Someone who can consistently the target with his trademark free kicks?

Sorry Gonzo, but starting to get irritated by payet
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:15 pm

In hindsight , almost 30 years old and ran his heart out Wednesday he should have rested up on the bench that first half. He was flat today . Top players do have a stinker sometimes! He will be fired up for Stoke after that performance :D
2 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

TheNumberSix

Re: Match Review

Postby TheNumberSix » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Great show blokes after a very difficult game. Loads of very accurate comments I thought. Found your comments very sobering. Keep up the V good work. Well done. COYI!!!
1 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Can't believe what I'm reading here. First it was Bilic out, now Payet ffs. Barring City, who in the prem wouldn't want him in their team?
Are we too good now to have someone of Payets quality in our team?.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:35 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Ironworksfc wrote:
Doesn't show up for Everton but will against stoke. is that an excuse Gonzo?

Best paid player we have and not very consistent even with the free kicks, which I can't get my head around.

But we can't afford the genius player that performs home and away without any drop in performance, I'd put Sanchez & De Bruyne in that bracket but they'd be £60m.

It's always been the same, we couldn't afford Bergkamp or Zola so we get the flawed fascist Italian who attacks referees and doesn't attend away games.

If the choice was to get rid of Payet and bring in Griezmann then fair enough but that's not what would happen. We'd get someone who wasn't quite as skillful, didn't score as many goals and certainly didn't set up as many but would run up and down all day . . . . . . . . my guess is somebody like Andros Townsend or Gylfi Sigurdsson.

I'll keep Payet thanks

So what do you get for his weekly wage then? Someone who can consistently the target with his trademark free kicks?

Don't apologise, it's a forum and that's your opinion.

In return for his wages we had the second best midfielder in the league last season and my guess is he'll be the most creative player at the club this season too. The chaps are correct that Lanzini is more consistent but Payet will outscore and out assist him this season.
1 x

Ironworksfc

Postby Ironworksfc » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:37 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Ironworksfc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I'll keep Payet thanks

Don't apologise, it's a forum and that's your opinion.

In return for his wages we had the second best midfielder in the league last season and my guess is he'll be the most creative player at the club this season too. The chaps are correct that Lanzini is more consistent but Payet will outscore and out assist him this season.

Hope so Gonzo, don't see it happening this season
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:41 pm

[quote="Castiron"]Can't believe what I'm reading here. First it was Bilic out, now Payet ffs. Barring City, who in the prem wouldn't want him in their team?

The Payet of last season, no-one. The Payet of this season ? Probably half the teams in the league.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Thames

Postby Thames » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:47 pm

West Ham 'cream' players not showing up in northern game shocker!!

We've had it for fucking years, get used to it!

At least Sir Trev tried....a little bit....the others were smashed! :D
2 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:14 pm

palerider wrote:
Castiron wrote:Can't believe what I'm reading here. First it was Bilic out, now Payet ffs. Barring City, who in the prem wouldn't want him in their team?

The Payet of last season, no-one. The Payet of this season ? Probably half the teams in the league.

Do you really believe that Pale?
I would much rather have a 70% Payet on my side than not. Can we all just take a minute. We lost to Everton, we always lose to Everton..except last year. Who got the winner? Oh hold on..
1 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”