Everton v West Ham official match thread & preview

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
palerider

Re: Everton v West Ham official match thread & preview

Postby palerider » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:39 am

Newmarket wrote:
redhammer wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:
That's a fair assessment. For France at the Euro's he had a couple of flat performances. The difference being he was substituted and another player used.

Our manager probably doesn't feel comfortable doing that obviously. It's about the dynamic between the coach and the player. The typical crawl-arse likes to keep the influential sorts happy. Whereas those who are less sensitive to the feelings of cry-babies go there own way.

Yesterday Dimi got little creativity behind him, against Palace he had Cresswell. Lanzini and noble played closer too him as well, even Zaza.

Against Chelsea you had the same players but Antonio running ahead and creating space for him to move into with Obiang pinging passes to him.

Yesterday Bolaise did not retreat, why would he when Coleman was back and could have had a nap, therefore Cresswell struggled to bomb forward. Gueye and Barry knew how to stop Lanzini & to fill the space Payet likes to come inside too, noble and Obiang got hassled everytime they had the ball-no time or space.

This meant Payet rarely got the ball with room, or facing evertons goal. Everton got the tactics spot on and just killed anything we had against Palace & Chelsea in terms of threat.

I don't think Everton have been given enough praise in all honesty.

Good appraisal I feel . You should be on the telly ;)

He was.

But his work for Hammerschat has completely overtaken the acting persona that was Rab C Nesbitt.
2 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

pukka

Re: Match Review

Postby pukka » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am

Shame about the result, but these videos always cheer me up
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:10 am

redhammer wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:
IronsForever wrote:In hindsight , almost 30 years old and ran his heart out Wednesday he should have rested up on the bench that first half. He was flat today . Top players do have a stinker sometimes! He will be fired up for Stoke after that performance :D

That's a fair assessment. For France at the Euro's he had a couple of flat performances. The difference being he was substituted and another player used.

Our manager probably doesn't feel comfortable doing that obviously. It's about the dynamic between the coach and the player. The typical crawl-arse likes to keep the influential sorts happy. Whereas those who are less sensitive to the feelings of cry-babies go there own way.

Yesterday Dimi got little creativity behind him, against Palace he had Cresswell. Lanzini and noble played closer too him as well, even Zaza.

Against Chelsea you had the same players but Antonio running ahead and creating space for him to move into with Obiang pinging passes to him.

Yesterday Bolaise did not retreat, why would he when Coleman was back and could have had a nap, therefore Cresswell struggled to bomb forward. Gueye and Barry knew how to stop Lanzini & to fill the space Payet likes to come inside too, noble and Obiang got hassled everytime they had the ball-no time or space.

This meant Payet rarely got the ball with room, or facing evertons goal. Everton got the tactics spot on and just killed anything we had against Palace & Chelsea in terms of threat.

This is why i would have started the game with Fernandes in lanzini's place or even Payets to begin with to solidify that middle with Noble and Obiang and brought one of them on later. Nice post Red
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

bigfacemike

Postby bigfacemike » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 pm

Great vid guys. Keep up the good work.
0 x

Chicken Runner

Postby Chicken Runner » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Great vid guys, top drawer. Enjoy the analysis and the banter.
Cheers!
0 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Aguero has missed six penalties already this season - would people decide that's enough and want him dropped/sold if played for us?

Players are human, they will have poor spells/off games

Yes, he's not been as good as last season, but who has?
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:41 pm

palerider wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
redhammer wrote:

Good appraisal I feel . You should be on the telly ;)

He was.

But his work for Hammerschat has completely overtaken the acting persona that was Rab C Nesbitt.

I'm voting for Red at the prestigious Hammers Chat end of season awards gala. Not sure what category - but he gets my vote
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:Aguero has missed six penalties already this season - would people decide that's enough and want him dropped/sold if played for us?

I'd definitely drop him from penalty duties
0 x
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:45 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:Aguero has missed six penalties already this season - would people decide that's enough and want him dropped/sold if played for us?

I've been as good as last season since you asked - funny question
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:49 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
palerider wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Good appraisal I feel . You should be on the telly ;)

He was.

I'm voting for Red at the prestigious Hammers Chat end of season awards gala. Not sure what category - but he gets my vote

There SHOULD be a HC awards of sorts . Let's see what the almighty one has to say on the subject .
Long as it's not done by Taaaans' fucking poll fetish of course :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”