West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread & preview

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread & preview

Postby redhammer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Maz wrote:that had to be the poorest game I've seen in years had to keep checking it wasn't avram grant on the touch line , we need to play two up front, none of our so called strikers are capable of playing up there on there own, all look lost or they don't know what there doing, we also need to get a no nonsense leader in the January window I didn't see one player out there today showing any kind of passion to get the team going after they pulled one back

Have to agree with this. Today wasn't any better than what we moaned about Allardyce serving up.

That stat with just 14 shots on target is awful.

This season has thrown up questions about Bilic. I don't want him sacked or that, but I want him to start learning. The worrying thing is, I said this a month ago and the month before that.
0 x

teddybard

Re: West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread

Postby teddybard » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:15 pm

redhammer wrote:If everyone was fit, what would people's West Ham & Stoke combined XI be? Intrigued as to how many Stoke players would be in everyone's team...

Based on today none of the above. kickimmuts
0 x
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:24 pm

Agree with Adrian needing to be dropped and I've never been a fan of Noble, so far off the speed needed to be a Premier League player it's insane that he's our captain

We love a slow captain

Upson
Nolan
Noble
0 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Gonzo wrote:Well, not been able to follow much but had updates from Geo & garn

Not good, sounds like we need to splash the cash.

Hahahahahahhaha

I know who you are so from the videos and you talk sense, pretty much what I think usually, so I know full well you know who our owners are

I think it was just me and you that went beyond optimism and predicted that Zaza would be the fucking disaster he is

I went as far to say he will never play the games to trigger the purchase option

Tbh he could've scored like Ronaldo and our owners still wouldn't have paid the purchase option at the asking price

They will never splash the cash
1 x

marksb

Re: Review Video

Postby marksb » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:55 am

Good show chaps.

I was furious at the officials today, as were the guys behind me and beside me, how he didn't give a penalty to us after Antonio was pulled down.

We were awful! Feeling very frustrated, we need to get a grip, we need more energy!
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:07 am

What got me today was we had 3 at the back AND normally Noble often just against Bony. Now how a 3 man defence can't handle 1 striker is beyond me when we have the ball. I think sometimes the wing backs were too far forward and the defensive midfielders were too far back so there was a gulf between defence and attack and stoke had the time to organise, get tight and stifle the wing backs and attacking midfielders and so passes weren't getting through. With that said, the movement of the team was pretty non existent and has been like that majority of the season. Far too often I saw throw ins with nobody actually moving for the ball, just standing there watching the thrower trying to work out what was the best of a bad situation. The attacking midfielders also never moved around that much to create any space. This is why I think sometimes we saw Ayew dropping to the defensive midfielder position to get the fucking ball. All that for me is disgraceful. So all in all, a shit game of football all round really and kinda wished (but not) that I stayed at home.
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Postby JayK » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:33 am

Ps. The ref was pretty shocking today. To give Antonio a yellow for a nothing challenge and not to dish out for similar or worse just astounds me. I left on 85 minutes coz I had to rush back to light fireworks. Thank god I had them to brighten up my day.
1 x
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Re: Review Video

Postby Brookbonds73 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 am

Good show chaps.
Interesting point Geo made about stokes goal today, the same thing happened against Watford with the same two players, Adrian and Collins.
The team and the manager look lost imho.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:17 am

If Adrian doesn't make the most stupid move on planet earth we would have bagged all 3 points and been talking about a bad performance but happy we got the points and moved away from relegation zone a little more.We would have said Billic made the Subs that made the difference for us and he would have walked away with credit.
Going back to Adrian.. There is no way in a month of Sundays i would trust that guy while we are fighting down the bottom like we are. Thats a huge 2 points to throw away and he should be dropped asap. I bet the players are absolutely gutted and Collins reflected that by his reaction to the goal, he just pointed at Adrian as if to say WTF did you charge out?
We are fighting for our future now in this league make no mistake on that!! 4 tough games coming which actually i dont mind because no doubt the lads will surprise us and get a win and a couple of draws. But its going to be a very important time now esp over the xmas period also.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 am

I totally agree. The 3 points were in the bag FFS!!! Stoke did not look like scoring to me, unless and until Adrian makes that bonehead move. WTF was he thinking!?! It was totally unnecessary and completely inept. You do not see Sunday morning pub league keepers do that FFS!!!

Perhaps it is time for Randolph to start.
0 x
Flairon

Return to “Match Day Threads”