West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread & preview

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham v Stoke - Official Match Thread & preview

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:13 am

Flairon wrote:I totally agree. The 3 points were in the bag FFS!!! Stoke did not look like scoring to me, unless and until Adrian makes that bonehead move. WTF was he thinking!?! It was totally unnecessary and completely inept. You do not see Sunday morning pub league keepers do that FFS!!!

Perhaps it is time for Randolph to start.

Wont happen though, Bilic is stubborn almost to the point of stupidity.

I am asking myself " Now if Randolph doesn't take his shirt in the next game what does that say to him?!" I know I would be thinking of options elsewhere. And he has been prior to this season rumour tells. Well it might become a cert.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 am

eskimo joe wrote:
Flairon wrote:I totally agree. The 3 points were in the bag FFS!!! Stoke did not look like scoring to me, unless and until Adrian makes that bonehead move. WTF was he thinking!?! It was totally unnecessary and completely inept. You do not see Sunday morning pub league keepers do that FFS!!!

I am asking myself " Now if Randolph doesn't take his shirt in the next game what does that say to him?!" I know I would be thinking of options elsewhere. And he has been prior to this season rumour tells. Well it might become a cert.

Bilic is not as stubborn as Fat Sam.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Randolph start in a Prem game very soon.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:41 am

ToneLoc wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

I sometimes think fat Sams stubborness consisted of two elements. 1: Showing the finger to Sullivan and 2: Sticking to his failing tactics despite the evidence to stick his finger up at Sullivan.

Bilics is just one if being sure his idea will come off in the end. Then changing it 5 or 6 games too late.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:47 am

eskimo joe wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

I sometimes think fat Sams stubborness consisted of two elements. 1: Showing the finger to Sullivan and 2: Sticking to his failing tactics despite the evidence to stick his finger up at Sullivan.

Bilics is just one if being sure his idea will come off in the end. Then changing it 5 or 6 games too late.

Agree re: Allardyce.
Re: Bilic..... agree this season but last season he seemed to address errors very quickly and we benefited.
You wonder if last season has gone to his head a little and as a result his self belief has morphed into stubbornness?
1 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:00 am

ToneLoc wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Bilic is not as stubborn as Fat Sam.

Re: Bilic..... agree this season but last season he seemed to address errors very quickly and we benefited.
You wonder if last season has gone to his head a little and as a result his self belief has morphed into stubbornness?

That is a possibility. But it is a bit hard to forget that by all accounts he left the defensive positions unsorted until it was too late. That might be having faith, but blind faith sometimes gets you in to trouble.

He was given the chance early on to bring someone in and declined. It sounds like he declined offered advice. That's how I see it.

Now it appears we are allegedly looking to bring back Jenkinson.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:01 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Well, not been able to follow much but had updates from Geo & garn

Not good, sounds like we need to splash the cash.

Hahahahahahhaha

I know who you are so from the videos and you talk sense, pretty much what I think usually, so I know full well you know who our owners are

I think it was just me and you that went beyond optimism and predicted that Zaza would be the fucking disaster he is

I went as far to say he will never play the games to trigger the purchase option

Tbh he could've scored like Ronaldo and our owners still wouldn't have paid the purchase option at the asking price

They will never splash the cash

They'll need to at some point because the stadium is looking quite empty at times and whilst 35,000 might turn up to watch West Ham struggle at the foot of the table but 55,000 won't.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:13 am

eskimo joe wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

That is a possibility. But it is a bit hard to forget that by all accounts he left the defensive positions unsorted until it was too late. That might be having faith, but blind faith sometimes gets you in to trouble.

He was given the chance early on to bring someone in and declined. It sounds like he declined offered advice. That's how I see it.

Now it appears we are allegedly looking to bring back Jenkinson.

Exactly. The whole recruiting process in the summer was utterly shocking and was in stark contrast to the previous season.

But hindsight is a great thing.
I remember feeling quite pleased at the start of the season that we'd (apart from Tonka) maintained our successful squad from the previous season and had added some decent if not world beating players.
The glaring omission for me at the time wasn't so much in attack but that fucker of a right back scenario as the whole Antonio show was already in full swing by the off season.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:21 am

Gonzo wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Well, not been able to follow much but had updates from Geo & garn

Not good, sounds like we need to splash the cash.

Hahahahahahhaha

I know who you are so from the videos and you talk sense, pretty much what I think usually, so I know full well you know who our owners are

I think it was just me and you that went beyond optimism and predicted that Zaza would be the fucking disaster he is

I went as far to say he will never play the games to trigger the purchase option

Tbh he could've scored like Ronaldo and our owners still wouldn't have paid the purchase option at the asking price

They'll need to at some point because the stadium is looking quite empty at times and whilst 35,000 might turn up to watch West Ham struggle at the foot of the table but 55,000 won't.

I can only speak for myself and I've only been the once. Against Bournemouth where although the football was dire, the day was fantastic for me. I was in awe of the stadium.

But cheap it wasn't. The ticket, beers, food, more beers, transport. Probably over £150 for the day. The novelty would wear off pretty quick if I wasn't being entertained. Yesterday I'd have been happy if I'd gone, if we'd have held out. But Adrian's comedy act put paid to that. But even if we had have won it would have been as exciting as watching paint dry.

Unlike when I first started standing on the North Bank. It was a relatively cheap day out then. And at times the entertainment has been just as bad. But I didn't have to fork out a day or two's wages for the privilege.

The Chuckle Bros. should be mindful of that. Blind obedience doesn't work these days. Unless nights like the one against Chelsea (without the aggro) can be replicated in the league, voting with your feet will be the norm.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

ArnoldHills

Postby ArnoldHills » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:39 am

Here's my take on Adrian's rush of blood. He was clipped in the box by Crouch a couple of minutes before Bojan's goal. He was down on the ground clutching his knee at that time and it was clearly painful for him. From what I saw, Crouch's raking Adrian's his knee was inadvertent. But Adrian was dead set on retaliation and inflicting punishment on a Stoke player in retribution. What I saw when he started his run out to the edge of his box is that he was dead set on taking out the Stoke player and thought he would get to the ball at the same time as Walters and could follow through with his boot through the player to inflict the revenge he was looking for. He was late, and hence the foul and the goal. But what is inexcusable is that he prioritized own self interest in retaliating against the best interest of his team. He ultimately punished his own team rather than his intended target. He owes each of his teammates an apology, and because of his unprofessional and selfish behavior, he should be dropped for the next match.
Last edited by ArnoldHills on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:43 am

palerider wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:Hahahahahahhaha

I can only speak for myself and I've only been the once. Against Bournemouth where although the football was dire, the day was fantastic for me. I was in awe of the stadium.

But cheap it wasn't. The ticket, beers, food, more beers, transport. Probably over £150 for the day. The novelty would wear off pretty quick if I wasn't being entertained. Yesterday I'd have been happy if I'd gone, if we'd have held out. But Adrian's comedy act put paid to that. But even if we had have won it would have been as exciting as watching paint dry.

Unlike when I first started standing on the North Bank. It was a relatively cheap day out then. And at times the entertainment has been just as bad. But I didn't have to fork out a day or two's wages for the privilege.

The Chuckle Bros. should be mindful of that. Blind obedience doesn't work these days. Unless nights like the one against Chelsea (without the aggro) can be replicated in the league, voting with your feet will be the norm.

You're right mate. Excluding the price of the season tickets I'll generally spend £55 on travel for me and my son/daughter. It's at least two meals & snacks as we're out for 10/12 hours plus booze so it's easily another £55.

£110 every game before I've even paid to get into the stadium . . . . . . . fucking hell, I think I'll leave the maths there.

Interestingly though Tom popped to the ticket office yesterday to get copies of my two tickets printed out and in the end we couldn't give them away for free!
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”