West Ham V Spuds away match thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 5666
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Nokomis, Florida (for now)
Contact:

West Ham V Spuds away match thread

Postby Taansend » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:08 pm

I know it's fucking early but dementia means that I'll forget to do this if I wait a day or two :D

Given that Noble is out & we should/could/possible have Carroll & Sakho back who would be your starting eleven against Tottenham in two weeks?

And would you play to win or contain?

Right back is the biggest worry for me. Fernandes has looked good lately but was turn around by Ramadam today.

I think that the majority of us think that Randy should be starting. If you would stick with Adrian, why?

Out of all the forwards I've seen for us this season Fletcher has impressed me the most - which really isn't saying much.

When are Byram & Arbeola back?

But here's my team. I know I've probably left someone out but I'm knackered from work this week.

Randy
Reid Collins Ogbog
Antonio Kouyate Obiang Cresswell
Lanzini Fletcher Payet

Subs Adrian Nordtveit Feghouli Sakho Ayew Fernandes Carroll

I can see how some would like to keep Kouyate at the back & have Fernandes in the middle with Obiang but just think we need experienced heads in this game.
0 x

User avatar
BlackDiamond
Posts: 2058
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby BlackDiamond » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:21 pm

I would rotate Randolph however the manager will keep Adrian. It's in his nature
0 x

User avatar
deanox
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 3:18 pm
Location: Austin TX

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby deanox » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:24 pm

I think it will be same formation but with Reid back in for Collins and edmilson in for noble.
We will be playing on the counter attack which will suit us and then if needed bring on AC for the final 25 mins.
2 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 3802
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby palerider » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:29 pm

deanox wrote:I think it will be same formation but with Reid back in for Collins and edmilson in for noble.
We will be playing on the counter attack which will suit us and then if needed bring on AC for the final 25 mins.

Make no mistake.

Bilic will NOT drop Noble.


Edit. I forgot he's suspended. But what I said is still true.
2 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

User avatar
deanox
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 3:18 pm
Location: Austin TX

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby deanox » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:00 pm

palerider wrote:
deanox wrote:I think it will be same formation but with Reid back in for Collins and edmilson in for noble.
We will be playing on the counter attack which will suit us and then if needed bring on AC for the final 25 mins.

Make no mistake.

Bilic will NOT drop Noble.


Edit. I forgot he's suspended. But what I said is still true.


Yeah perhaps your right. Noble gives his all but there is no drive from the midfield too many sideways and back passes perhaps give the kid a go and see how it works out.
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 3802
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:35 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby palerider » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Three seasons ago, if you remember, we had a similar start to the season under Shrek. Poor results and an away game at the theatre of gefilte fish where we were expected to be stuffed out of sight.

Mark Noble had the game of his life, Ravel Morrison showed what he could have been and we won 3-0. It was so emphatic even Nolan played well.

The famous Allardyce 'No forward' formation, so fear not.

We have no forwards now.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

User avatar
Broga81
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:10 pm
Location: Southampton

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby Broga81 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 pm

One thing about the Spuds game, the players will be up for it. Like they were for Chelsea.

Maybe these next few fixtures are actually what we need?

RANDOLPH
ARBELOA REID OGBONNA CRESSWELL
OBIANG KOUYATE NORDTVIET
AYEW PAYET
CARROLL
0 x

User avatar
Taansend
Posts: 5666
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:40 pm
Location: Nokomis, Florida (for now)
Contact:

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby Taansend » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:34 am

palerider wrote:Three seasons ago, if you remember, we had a similar start to the season under Shrek. Poor results and an away game at the theatre of gefilte fish where we were expected to be stuffed out of sight.

Mark Noble had the game of his life, Ravel Morrison showed what he could have been and we won 3-0. It was so emphatic even Nolan played well.

The famous Allardyce 'No forward' formation, so fear not.

We have no forwards now.


I can never remember if Shrek is Grant or Allardyce :i am genuinely amused:

We do have a forward though. I love the little touches & control of Fletcher. I think that, given an extended role in the team, he would excel (I have fuck all to base that on though :D ).

But if Sakho & Carroll are back soon then the games against the Big Boys over the next six weeks could be very interesting.
0 x

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby Flairon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:24 am

deanox wrote:I think it will be same formation but with Reid back in for Collins and edmilson in for noble.
We will be playing on the counter attack which will suit us and then if needed bring on AC for the final 25 mins.



I thought Reid was out for 5 weeks.
0 x
Flairon

User avatar
Flairon
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Team (and Subs) for Tottenham

Postby Flairon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:25 am

This game could not come at a worse time for us. We are all over the plce defensively and ineffectual up front.
0 x
Flairon


Return to “Match Day Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests