West Ham V Spuds away match thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Newmarket

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby Newmarket » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 am

ToneLoc wrote:Funny thing is.... throughout the whole week before the game, the trappy pricks were saying how "to West Ham it's a cup final and to them it's just another game"....... based on the fact that they truly believe they dine at football's top table :i am genuinely amused:

Well........ you would have thought they'd won the Champions League yesterday evening.

There's no denying it's our cup final though Tone .....that's proven by how angry and gutted we all are.
0 x

garnett

Postby garnett » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:27 am

We didn't imo do enough to win the game and did more than enough to lose it, sitting deep inviting good teams to come at us is a suicidal tactic, individual errors cost us again.
I don't blame the substitutions, we had to try something different, our big players didn't show up again apart from Reid, give him the armband.

Selling Tomkins is coming back to bite us, biggest error for years.
Last edited by garnett on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:31 am

Newmarket wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Funny thing is.... throughout the whole week before the game, the trappy pricks were saying how "to West Ham it's a cup final and to them it's just another game"....... based on the fact that they truly believe they dine at football's top table :i am genuinely amused:

Well........ you would have thought they'd won the Champions League yesterday evening.

There's no denying it's our cup final though Tone .....that's proven by how angry and gutted we all are.

But the difference is that we're honest enough to admit that it's a big game for us whereas those delusional tossers like to convince themselves that they're A-listers with Man U, Barça and Bayern etc and as such it's "no big deal".
Yeah right.
0 x

Broga81

Re: West Ham V Spuds away match thread

Postby Broga81 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 am

punkrockhammer wrote:
kev65 wrote:Last year we lost points to Refs,red cards given and then receded. Then again this season the Refs carry on. It's OK it's just the Hammers, it's a fucking joke the FA stinks, Pro refs they are worse than ever over paid bottle jobs if they aint got the balls to send off someone they booked in the first ten minutes then they shouldn't do the cunting job. All refs are fucking shit. Rant over. COYI. whufc_crest whufc_crest

No. The ref was not at fault.

Pains me to say, but thought the ref done well yesterday. Could've very easily gave them 2 penalties for Ogbonna's wrestling with Kane (although Kane had just a good a hold on Ogbonna).

We just didn't kill the game off. We had chances.

Id've left Payet on, and like someone else said bring on Fegouhli for his pace on the counter.

But may not have mattered anyway.

Great performance though, lets not forget that no matter how hard the result tastes today.
1 x

Oldun

Postby Oldun » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:14 pm

I think this match summed up our season so far,if there is a way to fuck it up and upset us,West Ham as a team and a club will find it.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Broga81 wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
kev65 wrote:Last year we lost points to Refs,red cards given and then receded. Then again this season the Refs carry on. It's OK it's just the Hammers, it's a fucking joke the FA stinks, Pro refs they are worse than ever over paid bottle jobs if they aint got the balls to send off someone they booked in the first ten minutes then they shouldn't do the cunting job. All refs are fucking shit. Rant over. COYI. whufc_crest whufc_crest

No. The ref was not at fault.

Pains me to say, but thought the ref done well yesterday. Could've very easily gave them 2 penalties for Ogbonna's wrestling with Kane (although Kane had just a good a hold on Ogbonna).

We just didn't kill the game off. We had chances.

Id've left Payet on, and like someone else said bring on Fegouhli for his pace on the counter.

But may not have mattered anyway.

Great performance though, lets not forget that no matter how hard the result tastes today.

It was me that mentioned Feghouli. Who's not been great, but at least offers something. You sit back and invite good teams on without the players who can do it and you're asking for trouble.

Whether or not it was Feghouli or keeping Payet on, Nordtveit and Zaza are the worse loans since I borrowed my mate's Skoda and it broke down on the M25.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

EugeneG

Postby EugeneG » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:05 pm

I think that we played one of our strongest teams, without noble slowing the play down we look like a better side. Also, now that bilic has dropped adrian, we now have safe hands in goal. All adrian does is dive around for the cameras to make his saves look better, putting the team in trouble. Once we get Carrol back I think we will be back to winning form and will most likely finish in the top 10 this year.

The new formation suits us well but they only problem, is that it means antonio is a right wing back which means he cant get foward as much making him an attackive threat. Also I love Kouyate at centre back but I think we are missing him in midfield - maybe we could put him in the middle with obiang, reid out on the right cenre and collins in the middle. As much as I love Noble, I think he is a great player but hes very slow and although he slows the play down, most of the time he doesnt have any options in the middle which is why he seems to get so much abuse from the crowd even though that isnt his fault. We deserved at least a point at tottenham and I think we played pretty well - zaza was ok but Nordveit just shows he has a lack of discipline and that he isnt good enough to play for West Ham

posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=2260#
1 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:14 pm

EugeneG wrote:I think that we played one of our strongest teams, without noble slowing the play down we look like a better side. Also, now that bilic has dropped adrian, we now have safe hands in goal. All adrian does is dive around for the cameras to make his saves look better, putting the team in trouble. Once we get Carrol back I think we will be back to winning form and will most likely finish in the top 10 this year.

The new formation suits us well but they only problem, is that it means antonio is a right wing back which means he cant get foward as much making him an attackive threat. Also I love Kouyate at centre back but I think we are missing him in midfield - maybe we could put him in the middle with obiang, reid out on the right cenre and collins in the middle. As much as I love Noble, I think he is a great player but hes very slow and although he slows the play down, most of the time he doesnt have any options in the middle which is why he seems to get so much abuse from the crowd even though that isnt his fault. We deserved at least a point at tottenham and I think we played pretty well - zaza was ok but Nordveit just shows he has a lack of discipline and that he isnt good enough to play for West Ham

Just goes to show how people watch games differently and how opinions differ .

Yes we played a strong team but if there is one fixture a season in which you can rely on Noble it's this one .

Safe pair of hands ? Did you SEE their second goal ?
Carroll back ?
Let's hope not . Playing Carroll requires a totally different system and personnel changes and this one , with a fitter Sakho , could be the making of us so Carroll ? No thanks .
Kouyote as part of our 3 man defence is one of the main reasons it's working , along with Reid of course , a pair of absolute rocks .
So why return him to the midfield , where he has been shocking this season , just to out Noble ?....oh and imo Collins hasn't the pace to be first choice in a 3 .

Welcome to the forum by the way , all about opinions ;)
1 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:33 pm

EugeneG wrote:I think that we played one of our strongest teams, without noble slowing the play down we look like a better side. Also, now that bilic has dropped adrian, we now have safe hands in goal. All adrian does is dive around for the cameras to make his saves look better, putting the team in trouble. Once we get Carrol back I think we will be back to winning form and will most likely finish in the top 10 this year.

We will NOT finish top ten

Absolute certainty
0 x

Thailandkev

Postby Thailandkev » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Gutted we threw that away we deserved a draw at least . It's looking like this season is gonna be about survival TBH , if we can nick the odd point from the next three games with some promising performances we then have Burnley and hull at home which we will need to win big time .
I guess losing the way we did yesterday things can go 1 of 2 ways really , our confidance will be very low right now or what I'm hoping is the players will feel very angry with themselves and want to go to Manchester put in a real shift to turn things round ...let's hope so .
Can't fault the 11 that started yesterday , but Son and Ali made Spurs better where as Zaza and nordvelt where polar opposites I hope we don't see too much of either of them for the rest of the season
COYI whufc_crest
1 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”