West Ham v Man Utd - Official Match Threads

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
wokinghama

Re: Well there's more good defending from Antonio

Postby wokinghama » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:24 pm

Thames wrote:
wokinghama wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Patronising as well as a barrack room schoolteacher.

Lots of talents in your locker.

Don't know what you mean by Barrack?

I'll leave you be Porterman.i like to feel optimism, but should appreciate it's a forum. We are both passionate hammers, be lucky

Don't let Wokers get away with an 'i' Porters, after he pulled you up on grammar :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: Love Thamers :D

:D
0 x
Red Kites eat from my garden

LittleHammerton

Re: Fuck that was poor

Postby LittleHammerton » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:27 pm

....and by the way I'm not atacking any blame to the player himself, I think I'd have the hump if I were stuck in that side at the moment.

I think he is a brilliant player, by some way one of the best we have seen in recent years, but he is now in the wrong team. He is the icing on the cake that can make a good team tick, like us last season.

Put him in that man Utd side tonight and he would be all over the shop running rings round everyone, he just won't be able to do that in our side, not this season anyway I'm afraid.
0 x

MeppyMepz

Postby MeppyMepz » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 pm

payet was absolute fucking dog shit tonight, soon as they scored their 1st goal I just knew we was going to get destroyed, I'm surprised we even got a goal but I'm glad it was fletcher, i can't believe I actually thought we was gonna win tonight, soon as they got their 2nd they just gave up and it was game over, at least make a fucking effort, typical West Ham, fucking let downs
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 pm

LittleHammerton wrote:I have to agree....I love Payet and all he can bring to a team, but tonight he couldn't have looked less interested both in his play and his general demeanour on the field, even after his assist didn't seem interested in congratulating Fletcher. I fear he will be off in January with us in the position we are.

Watching us tonight was really painful after the joys of last season!

I'm not that bothered about Dimi - he looked joyless in his play. If he is going to mechanically plod through games,then lets cash in on last seasons form quick.

In contrast, Ibra always gives the appearance of really wanting involvement. His little prompting passes and first time flicks,keep their attacking rhythm ticking over.
1 x

kev65

Postby kev65 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:33 pm

the ego kid get rid .. whufc_crest
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:34 pm

We're paying the price for not getting a couple of class midfielders in the close season. Apart from Kouyate, who is not even in midfield now, who is there with the skill and pace to command games for us? All successful sides have good pacy midfielders.
0 x

teddybard

Postby teddybard » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:37 pm

grandad wrote:That was hard viewing ..... payet looked very uninterested ...... well he did watching it on my phone

I fear arsenal could ripp us a new one Saturday

Face it we played badly against a strong team away from home and lost.
In some, most areas we were out classed.Out fought and outplayed.
Early on a couple of decisions went against us, but that is life.
If there was a bright spot it was that we scored but again, although he put in a
good effort Fletcher is not being paid in the same league as Ibramowotsit
and it showed.
This is one referee I just don't like but then he comes from the same suburb
of Manchester where all the united players have their homes, concerning
to me at least, but I'm not the FA, they are neutral.
Anyway, onwards and down --think I'm going to bed now.
Only Arsenil on Saturday night so no worries then except for three or four new injuries.
0 x
Jesus Loves you--Not the best phrase to hear in a Mexican Prison

Towie

Re: West Ham v Man Utd - Official Match Threads

Postby Towie » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Players looked disinterested, payet giving the ball away.

Very sloppy, we gonna get a spanking at the weekend if they play like that again.
1 x

master

Postby master » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:15 pm

we should be playing 4 at the back, 3 in midfield and 2 in behind a single striker.

JUST LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR.

this current system plugged a hole in our defence by simply adding an addition player there. it did not solve the problem, it solved the consequence. the problem itself, early on in the season, was a complete lack of defending from the striker (zaza), which sakho provided us last year. in turn the midfield two (noble, kouyate) were covering for 3 players(lanzini, payet, zaza) who didnt track and hassle.

by going to 3 at the back, we put an extra body in a leaky area, and therefore compromised the midfield, where we are now extremely light. with the same front 3 who still don't track and hassle.

last year, when we had no right back, we use tomkins in a VERY disciplined role. he wouldn't attack much, but was solid defensively. antonio was thus given a lot of licence to attack. the other side, cresswell's athletic ability covered for the guy in front of him not always tracking back (payet or lanzini).

right now, we should be looking to play someone at right back in a back four. kouyate, oxford, or my choice, reece burke (recalled of course).

eg

Randolph
Burke Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
Obiang Kouyate
Lanzini
Antonio Payet
Sahko

or

Andrian
Kouyate Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
Obiang Noble
Lanzini
Antonio Payet
Sahko

we are going nowhere with this current 3 4 3 / 3 5 1 1 or whatever. cresswell has been negated, antonio cannot be bothered facing our goal, we end up sometimes with 6 at the back. that means that we are left with ONLY 4 players who are not in the back line to press the entire opposition. NEVER GOING TO WORK.

i'm ranting. so annoyed as its so damn obvious when you watch it. how the coach cant see it in his post match reviews i'll never know.
1 x
whufc_crest

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:22 pm

master wrote:we should be playing 4 at the back, 3 in midfield and 2 in behind a single striker.

JUST LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR.

this current system plugged a hole in our defence by simply adding an addition player there. it did not solve the problem, it solved the consequence. the problem itself, early on in the season, was a complete lack of defending from the striker (zaza), which sakho provided us last year. in turn the midfield two (noble, kouyate) were covering for 3 players(lanzini, payet, zaza) who didnt track and hassle.

by going to 3 at the back, we put an extra body in a leaky area, and therefore compromised the midfield, where we are now extremely light. with the same front 3 who still don't track and hassle.

last year, when we had no right back, we use tomkins in a VERY disciplined role. he wouldn't attack much, but was solid defensively. antonio was thus given a lot of licence to attack. the other side, cresswell's athletic ability covered for the guy in front of him not always tracking back (payet or lanzini).

right now, we should be looking to play someone at right back in a back four. kouyate, oxford, or my choice, reece burke (recalled of course).

eg

Randolph
Burke Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
Obiang Kouyate
Lanzini
Antonio Payet
Sahko

or

Andrian
Kouyate Reid Ogbonna Cresswell
Obiang Noble
Lanzini
Antonio Payet
Sahko

we are going nowhere with this current 3 4 3 / 3 5 1 1 or whatever. cresswell has been negated, antonio cannot be bothered facing our goal, we end up sometimes with 6 at the back. that means that we are left with ONLY 4 players who are not in the back line to press the entire opposition. NEVER GOING TO WORK.

i'm ranting. so annoyed as its so damn obvious when you watch it. how the coach cant see it in his post match reviews i'll never know.

Well we won't be seeing Sakho until the end of the ACON at the earliest so who do we have in that space until then?
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”