Taansend

Re: West Ham v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Postby Taansend » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:14 am

Oziron wrote:
Porterman wrote:
redhammer wrote:We started with our CDM at RB
The guy who was supposed to be this season RB at Striker
The man who was meant to be our striker that cost 20m at Right Mid

Then he put the striker right wing back, the CDM playing RB moved to CB as a young attacking mid came on and went RWB so the player who was ST then RWB went more central.

He really doesn't know his best XI our the players best positions yet does he?

I thought we looked "slightly organised" when basically 4-4-2 even with Norddisaster at RB and a bank of 4 (even though I though Obiang and Noble won next to nothing) in front of it after the opening 5 minutes.

Playing Antonio up top did exactly what it ssaid on the tin by having an outball over the top (actually thought he should have done better when he got a similar ball over the top earlier) and Ayew although contributing next to nothing attacking wise ran about a bit and at least put a bit of pressure on them in the final third.

That TOTALLY DISINTEGRATED when Carroll came on and Antonio went FUCK KNOWS WHERE.

In a heartbeat we had lost all mobility up front, put an extra man behind the ball which just confused us as suddely everybody was standing off them allowing them to come forward almost at will and on the occasions we did win the ball we had virtually no outball, at all (save the big hoof in the hope it hit Carrolls head)!!

Of course Slav tonight can claim justification and OF COURSE it great to have got a point.

Think you have to KEEP SIGHT of the fact that you mention though....IT WAS ABSOLUTE CHAOS virtually for the last 30 mins in a game where we had actually a decent foothold and a win was not out of the question.

Do I feel confident for the two 6 pointers this week?

If I thought he would keep a line up that would keep going forward and trying to press the opposition back then yes.

Sadly I dont see that although hopefully be proved wrong!!!

Surely we can play a high tempo pressing game for 90 mins against Burnley and Hull at home?

Slav played for a POINT second half and I thought his SUBSTITUTIONS were spot on tbh......It wasn't pretty but we got the point and more IMPORTANTLY everyone put in a 'SHIFT'......

Looks to "ME" like you're TAKING "the" PiSs, "OZ!!!!!@@@@@@####!!!!!!!
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:30 am

Taansend wrote:
Oziron wrote:
Porterman wrote:
I thought we looked "slightly organised" when basically 4-4-2 even with Norddisaster at RB and a bank of 4 (even though I though Obiang and Noble won next to nothing) in front of it after the opening 5 minutes.

Playing Antonio up top did exactly what it ssaid on the tin by having an outball over the top (actually thought he should have done better when he got a similar ball over the top earlier) and Ayew although contributing next to nothing attacking wise ran about a bit and at least put a bit of pressure on them in the final third.

That TOTALLY DISINTEGRATED when Carroll came on and Antonio went FUCK KNOWS WHERE.

In a heartbeat we had lost all mobility up front, put an extra man behind the ball which just confused us as suddely everybody was standing off them allowing them to come forward almost at will and on the occasions we did win the ball we had virtually no outball, at all (save the big hoof in the hope it hit Carrolls head)!!

Of course Slav tonight can claim justification and OF COURSE it great to have got a point.

Think you have to KEEP SIGHT of the fact that you mention though....IT WAS ABSOLUTE CHAOS virtually for the last 30 mins in a game where we had actually a decent foothold and a win was not out of the question.

If I thought he would keep a line up that would keep going forward and trying to press the opposition back then yes.

Surely we can play a high tempo pressing game for 90 mins against Burnley and Hull at home?

Slav played for a POINT second half and I thought his SUBSTITUTIONS were spot on tbh......It wasn't pretty but we got the point and more IMPORTANTLY everyone put in a 'SHIFT'......

I am and I'm not......I do think Slav had a good game....

Ayew was shit.....Carroll needs match time so of course you are gonna bring him on....

Let's play for a point.....They are continually attacking us down our right back position so let's shore that position up with Antonio who is quite capable of playing as a wing back there.....

Carroll looks a bit isolated and Lanzini looks knackered so lets take him off, replace Antonio with Fernandes and push Antonio up to support Carroll and we might knick something at the end.....All good ideas in my book.....I just don't want to SHOUT ABOUT IT TOO MUCH....... ;) ;)
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:35 am

I HAVE TINNITUS. I HAVE TO SHOUT.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:42 am

Taansend wrote:
Oziron wrote:
Porterman wrote:

Yet another marvelous insight into the footballing world by the site bellend.

As for your equally dickhead mate "he played for a point"....what when all 3 were available against a side that had let 2 horrendous goals in a few days after shipping 4 to the mighty Bournmouth.

GREAT POINTS by 2 equal knobs.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:50 am

Porterman wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Oziron wrote:

As for your equally dickhead mate "he played for a point"....what when all 3 were available against a side that had let 2 horrendous goals in a few days after shipping 4 to the mighty Bournmouth.

READ THIS......."please"

index.jpeg
index.jpeg (22.63 KiB) Viewed 566 times
0 x

eskimo joe

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby eskimo joe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:52 am

teddybard wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:what i understand was that Bilic himself decided not to sort the right back position when he was given the nod to do so. That was when he was relying on his master plan of Antonio playing there.

Agree also with Red about the not going for the jugular today as we did last season. Last season we were in a luxury position, today not only were we at the bottom we have been playing with a disfunctional squad. This draw was a bonus in my eyes, we took it steady and scraped up a point where most, myself included, were expecting nothing. We could have gone all out and come away with nothing, Instead we came with a point and a promise of what can be done.

Have to disagree with you joe; as usual,
We haven't had the luckiest spell with injuries the doom & gloom squad will try to write us off a bit early in the season.
Fact is, we played well enough to deserve a point and were a bit unlucky not to come away with three.
The team is pulling it together after a long spell of injuries to key players. They got two points away in two tough fixtures and lost a silly game against a lucky Arsenil last week. I'm hopeful we can start to come into some form now
so let's just get behind the team.

You really can't put our current situation down solely to injuries, not with the squad we now have. That is the excuse of ages, and though at certain times it may be the case I do not believe it to be the main reason. A tad maybe, but only because a certain area which was known to be weak end if last season wasn't addressed this. That then is more down to poor decisions rather than injuries. And now we are paying the price, instead of going for the jugular we are left hanging on to every point we can muster.

Against Liverpool I totally understand the cherish the point and as I said we came out better than I dreamed , but I expect far more in the coming games. Don't take realism as not being behind the team. In my heart every game is a win, in my head its a different story.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:57 am

IronsForever wrote:
Porterman wrote:
redhammer wrote:We started with our CDM at RB
The guy who was supposed to be this season RB at Striker
The man who was meant to be our striker that cost 20m at Right Mid

Then he put the striker right wing back, the CDM playing RB moved to CB as a young attacking mid came on and went RWB so the player who was ST then RWB went more central.

He really doesn't know his best XI our the players best positions yet does he?

[highlight=]Playing Antonio up top did exactly what it ssaid on the tin by having an outball over the top (actually thought he should have done better when he got a similar ball over the top earlier) and Ayew although contributing next to nothing attacking wise ran about a bit and at least put a bit of pressure on them in the final third.

That TOTALLY DISINTEGRATED when Carroll came on and Antonio went FUCK KNOWS WHERE.[/highlight]

Yes it did, but Billic then changed it when he brought Fernandes on and stuck him right back and pushed Antonio right Mid to cover the threat down our right flank. I give Bilic credit for seeing that mistake of putting Carroll up and Antonio at right back and Nord in right Mid.No idea what that was all about but he saw the mistake and played Antonio RM after and slotted Nord back in front of defense..I would have loved to see Carroll play the no10 role and leave Antonio up because Andy was getting so many flick ons from Randolphs kicks it would have given Antonio a chance to run at them.
I take the point all day long and praise Billic for seeing the mistake he made and to quickly change it, putting Antonio in 3 different positions and also Nord.
Antonio was Man of the match.

Managers do make mistakes but not many have the balls to change them so quickly.

Fair point Irons but would have to ask you a couple of questions.

1) How did Bilic think that by totally and utterly negating what was to all intents and purposes our strongest weapon ie Antonios running and pace that it was going to lead to us being then almost totally ineffective in the not just the final third but about 80% of the pitch?!

2) When did Fernandez become a right back?!

Without wanting to slaughter the guy (because hes young and playing out of what I perceive to be not his position) I thought it almost became "open season" (wait for the rush from the great Antipodean writers to crawl from under) down that side as Milner became almost their most attacking player!!!

I know we are short at RB (thats an understatement) but I thought we lost ALL SHAPE when that move happened.

Of course we know football is fine lines and we are celebrating a good point....but did Bournmouth change thier formation when they realized Liverpools back line is absolutely gash when pressed as we had found out when we scored an absolute dolly of a second goal ( and dont forget Antonio had a very similar chance earlier on when EXACTLY the same thing happened but made a bit of a hash of it)!!

I also think your point re " Carroll at number 10" is interesting as I actually want to see him get game time. This isnt about "lets not ever put Carroll on" its simply "how do we do it without totally and utterly isolating him and giving him the best chance to succeed?!
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:05 am

Oziron wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Taansend wrote:

READ THIS......."please"

index.jpeg

Look mate I really couldnt give a flying fuck what you or your fellow "countryman" think of me or otherwise.

I come on here (and go to the games) to meet like minded Hammers fans who" want to debate" West Ham (and even football or the world in general).

WHAT I CANT BE FUCKED WITH is when some smart arse tries to get all "schoolteachery" by simply looking for "GRAMATICAL" errors or wants to ridicule about "writing styles".

DEBATE "YOUR POINT".

Do it in a DIGNIFIED MANNER.

Keep it to "the subject" that we are here for.

Fuck me I can do "banter" with anybody whos up for it (as those that really know me will testify) but whats simply happening now is a certain poster has just become totally obsessed with commenting on my writing.....and unfortunately you seem to think its prudent to join in?!

Im not going to pursue this any further as I have CLEARLY STATED what it is I COME ON FOR.....equally I have said WHAT I( and im sure the vast majority of people) DONT come on for.

Cheers.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:17 am

If Carrol is on the pitch, we need to put crosses in from the flanks, it's that simple.

Flick-ons don't do much if there is no one there to run at them. Long crosses were actually more threatening with Antonio up there as he was running behind them.

When Carrol was subbed on and Antonio moved down the pitch we should have gone for attacking down the flanks and not through the middle.

Happy with the Point though
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:17 am

It seems to me that Porterman is more critical of the team than most. But unlike our soon to be revisited numerical friend, it's in a positive manner. And I for one couldn't care less if points are in capitals for emphasis. Taans is what Taans is. Amusing but a cunt. But a cunt who bleeds claret and blue.

As for the game yesterday, not only did I not watch it as I was picking my daughter up from Bristol, but I had the car radio turned off as well as I thought it would be too painful.

So whatever the whys and the wherefores, it was a great point.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Match Day Threads”