West Ham v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Porterman

Re: West Ham v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Postby Porterman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:19 am

Oziron wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Oziron wrote:Everyone should be able to put up an opinion on a forum cos that is what its all about.....

...I presume you know that writing in capitals is the internet norm for shouting.....I think that is why Taans is taking the piss.....Just chill the fuck out and all will be good.... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

ps...No way was that a penalty against Payet..... (it didn't even get a mention on Match of The Day).......The Reid one was more contentious but personally don't think there was much in that either......Just my opinion of corse....

pps..Taans is a septic cunt and I'm in Oz......(for the record)

Do you ever read anybodies comment and wonder what "their real point" is?!

I know I do (often).

To that end "I ATTEMPT" to simplify or highlight what Im trying to say.

As for SHOUTING....what a fucking load of bollox!!

WE ARE SITTING BEHIND COMPUTERS so surely anything that helps somebody get a "clear picture" of what the writer is trying to convey can only be good?!

That in now way,shape or form means Im ramming my opinion down anybodies throat.....what " I do want it to do" is to make it clear WHAT MY OPINION is and by using quotation marks highlight WHAT I THINK.....doesnt make it right in any way shape or form its simply stating my opinion as clearly as I can.

It would only appear to be the one poster who finds this worth commenting on and interestingly theres not 1 comment about any of THE CONTENT of my posts which I find strange given the fact I have put several hundred up and gosh only knows how many times hes now "engaged" with me and up till 1 post last week THERE WAS NO COMMENT of football related matters whatsoever which I find strange (to say the least) on a football site!!!

As for "it wasnt a penalty" we will have to agree to differ.

I saw it as an absolute stonewall penalty. As I did Reids.

Am I happy they werent given?!

Absolutely.

The thing is though I will also be mindful when Carroll or Payet or somebody else gets hacked down in their box as will happen soon no doubt and factor that into what I write (if anything) about it.

Im happy to put this to bed....but lets see who "keeps it going"!!!

It wont be me.

Im happy to engage with those that want to relating to football....nowt else.

If anybody has any problems re "writing styles" or whatever else surely its a big enough place to simply avoid anybody who you feel the need to if it upsets you.

Like I said....CHILL THE FUCK OUT.........

ps..... 'NOWT ELSE'.....!!!!......are you a "norvern monkey"..???

What kind of fucktards are you and your other mate....are you just on here to try and offend and insult people?!

Cos Im not seeing much else.
1 x

eskimo joe

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby eskimo joe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:01 am

IronsForever wrote:For me its the timing of the injuries. Sakho out after scoring on his return. He had no run time. Carroll was out from day 1. He had no runtime! Cress also and Ayew. If these came later in season we would probably have been in a position to not worry about them like we did. Those are 4 big players that we missed from day 1.
One player out here and there is not a problem.

If you go back in time to any era for us , missing 3 of our best players would be devastating! Imagine losing Brooking,, Devonshire and billy bonds together for 12 games. Or Di canio Scott Parker and Rio.
Losing Cress. Sakho and Carroll for so long forced us to change the system and we struggled.

I get your point and they also would have been down to bad luck. Our current situation is more down to poor planning.

RB position was poor before last season ended and we did nothing of worth to address it. So our injuries have now compounded the problem but are not the cause of it.

How often has Carroll had a full season, what are and were the problems concerning Sakho? All this was known last season but again we did little to address it save bring in Zaza who many of us had doubts about and Ayew who isn't really one anyway. So once again our problems are only compounded by injuries not the root of them.

With a little fore thought from Bilic and the board much could have been avoided.
1 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:22 am

The way the patterns of play were going, I thought a straight swap of Carroll for Ayew would have worked, leaving Antonio up front.
0 x

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:28 am

I see your point Gonzo about targeting their centre backs when Carroll was on but disagree with the 'disappointment' of not going for the win. Imagine if we did and then conceded late on? Our confidence would be rock bottom. A point at Anfield is a very good result.

Thought Reid was outstanding again
2 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:32 am

I'm sure we deserved a point but I'm not convinced our set up and performance was to any degree better than against Everton (I'll discount Arsenal because of the depleted team)

Passing and attacking strategy was poor throughout..rearguard action was superb, but I think avoiding the defeat was primarily due to poor finishing by the home team.

Not really encouraged by this "turnaround"
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:58 am

Mikeveep wrote:The way the patterns of play were going, I thought a straight swap of Carroll for Ayew would have worked, leaving Antonio up front.

Although I am no fan of Carroll I am inclined to agree, although admittedly not because I thought Carroll would win the game for us but because Ayew was so totally ineffective he may as well have stayed on the coach. Antonio was our best (only) real attacking threat and taking him off handed the initiative to Liverpool imo. And let's face it Carroll doesn't have the ability, pace or intelligence to be a one man strikeforce. But what he does have is ability to win a ball in the air and surely having Antonio in tandem with him would have given Liverpool more problems than Carroll on his own.

That said I expected us to be steamrollered (or gegenpressed as Klopp says) particularly after Liverpool scored so early so the point is more than welcome.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 pm

I was going to start a seperate thread, but this guy is not worth his own thread...Nordtveit.
I dont know if his confidence is just completely shot or he is really that shit!?
His positioning is unbeleivably bad, he cant pass six yards.
Some will say that he set up the 2nd goal, but the actual ball that he tried to play was suicidal at best. He was just lucky that it hit a corner of Hendersons head and ran through to Antonio.
The majority of their attacks came down his side as did their goal. What the fuck does Slav see in this bloke, and how must Arbeloa feel playing second fiddle to him? Slav must really hate him.
0 x

BillHarper87

Postby BillHarper87 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Absolutely over the moon with the game yesterday. I didn't expect anything from it, all I wanted to see was some effort from the players and that's what we got. Just goes to show what happens when the team try! Kind of feels like a win to me. Payet looked interested again, Antonio did well up front, Randolph pulled off that incredible save to keep us in it. Think people are being a bit harsh on Nordtveit, he put in his best shift so far and we're playing him out of sheer desperation. To me this proved Slav still has the dressing room (thank god).

Liverpool have been great this season so I'm a very happy hammer to see us go up there and get a point out of them. Let's hope we can build on this performance, the next few games are vital. Roll on Wednesday!!
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Porterman wrote:
Oziron wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Yet another marvelous insight into the footballing world by the site bellend.

As for your equally dickhead mate "he played for a point"....what when all 3 were available against a side that had let 2 horrendous goals in a few days after shipping 4 to the mighty Bournmouth.

GREAT POINTS by 2 equal knobs.

READ THIS......."please"

index.jpeg

Look mate I really couldnt give a flying fuck what you or your fellow "countryman" think of me or otherwise.

I come on here (and go to the games) to meet like minded Hammers fans who" want to debate" West Ham (and even football or the world in general).

WHAT I CANT BE FUCKED WITH is when some smart arse tries to get all "schoolteachery" by simply looking for "GRAMATICAL" errors or wants to ridicule about "writing styles".

DEBATE "YOUR POINT".

Do it in a DIGNIFIED MANNER.

Keep it to "the subject" that we are here for.

Fuck me I can do "banter" with anybody whos up for it (as those that really know me will testify) but whats simply happening now is a certain poster has just become totally obsessed with commenting on my writing.....and unfortunately you seem to think its prudent to join in?!

Im not going to pursue this any further as I have CLEARLY STATED what it is I COME ON FOR.....equally I have said WHAT I( and im sure the vast majority of people) DONT come on for.

Cheers.

You fucking tell him Putridman :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:19 pm

BillHarper87 wrote:Absolutely over the moon with the game yesterday. I didn't expect anything from it, all I wanted to see was some effort from the players and that's what we got. Just goes to show what happens when the team try! Kind of feels like a win to me. Payet looked interested again, Antonio did well up front, Randolph pulled off that incredible save to keep us in it. Think people are being a bit harsh on Nordtveit, he put in his best shift so far and we're playing him out of sheer desperation. To me this proved Slav still has the dressing room (thank god).

Liverpool have been great this season so I'm a very happy hammer to see us go up there and get a point out of them. Let's hope we can build on this performance, the next few games are vital. Roll on Wednesday!!

Putting a shift in is the bare minimum that I would expect from any professional. Not knowing where you are supposed to be on the pitch, losing your man time and time again, and not being able to pass six yards to your team mate when no one is near you, I cant accept.
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”