West Ham v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
teddybard

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby teddybard » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:45 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
IronsForever wrote:For me its the timing of the injuries. Sakho out after scoring on his return. He had no run time. Carroll was out from day 1. He had no runtime! Cress also and Ayew. If these came later in season we would probably have been in a position to not worry about them like we did. Those are 4 big players that we missed from day 1.
One player out here and there is not a problem.

If you go back in time to any era for us , missing 3 of our best players would be devastating! Imagine losing Brooking,, Devonshire and billy bonds together for 12 games. Or Di canio Scott Parker and Rio.
Losing Cress. Sakho and Carroll for so long forced us to change the system and we struggled.

I get your point and they also would have been down to bad luck. Our current situation is more down to poor planning.

RB position was poor before last season ended and we did nothing of worth to address it. So our injuries have now compounded the problem but are not the cause of it.

How often has Carroll had a full season, what are and were the problems concerning Sakho? All this was known last season but again we did little to address it save bring in Zaza who many of us had doubts about and Ayew who isn't really one anyway. So once again our problems are only compounded by injuries not the root of them.

With a little fore thought from Bilic and the board much could have been avoided.

There have been long-term planning issues the two Daves tried a manure type approach
(Pile it high , buy it cheap)spread it thinly , and it just did not work.
I feel sure Slaven did not get his main targets in terms of quality but
coupled with the injury situation things have not got back to even where they were last year.
The great move never was going to prove easy with the challenge of adapting to a new pitch
acoustics and the challenge presented by the misguided attempt to drum up sales
at the expense of those ST Holders who had been here years and caused even by the
nature of its handling & PR utter bloody confusion,
1 x
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

IronsForever

Re: West Ham v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Postby IronsForever » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Good point because this year we haven't been no where near technically good enough with the ball starting with that game with Astra. Only Payet and Lanzini look comfortable with it when running at speed and Antonio sometimes although no one on planet earth can see what his intentions are which makes him so effective:) Only Reid would get in a top 6 side from our back line. We need a very decent center half who is comfortable with the ball at his feet, A right back. Another decent midfielder to slot alongside Obiang because Noble is out of sorts this year and a striker valued between 30 and 40 million.
Last year we lost possession often when bringing it out of defense and this year its worse which is why teams are high pressing us, they know we are not good enough to pass it around under pressure from the back.
From what i have seen Ayew... Feggo.. Nord.. Masuaku... are bench players not starters.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:47 pm

IronsForever wrote:Good point because this year we haven't been no where near technically good enough with the ball starting with that game with Astra. Only Payet and Lanzini look comfortable with it when running at speed and Antonio sometimes although no one on planet earth can see what his intentions are which makes him so effective:) Only Reid would get in a top 6 side from our back line. We need a very decent center half who is comfortable with the ball at his feet, A right back. Another decent midfielder to slot alongside Obiang because Noble is out of sorts this year and a striker valued between 30 and 40 million.
Last year we lost possession often when bringing it out of defense and this year its worse which is why teams are high pressing us, they know we are not good enough to pass it around under pressure from the back.
From what i have seen Ayew... Feggo.. Nord.. Masuaku... are bench players not starters.

The issue I have,is paying £20 million pounds for a bench player. Why do other clubs mug West Ham off ?
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:59 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Good point because this year we haven't been no where near technically good enough with the ball starting with that game with Astra. Only Payet and Lanzini look comfortable with it when running at speed and Antonio sometimes although no one on planet earth can see what his intentions are which makes him so effective:) Only Reid would get in a top 6 side from our back line. We need a very decent center half who is comfortable with the ball at his feet, A right back. Another decent midfielder to slot alongside Obiang because Noble is out of sorts this year and a striker valued between 30 and 40 million.

The issue I have,is paying £20 million pounds for a bench player. Why do other clubs mug West Ham off ?

Don't blame other clubs BD cos our lot are stupid enough to fall for it mate .
Now the summer BEFORE last when Ayew was available on a free would of been good business but no , we were too tight to pay the wages , but THIS summer , we spend £20m on him when we didn't need him ffs .

A striker he ain't .
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Oziron wrote:
READ THIS......."please"

index.jpeg

Look mate I really couldnt give a flying fuck what you or your fellow "countryman" think of me or otherwise.

I come on here (and go to the games) to meet like minded Hammers fans who" want to debate" West Ham (and even football or the world in general).

WHAT I CANT BE FUCKED WITH is when some smart arse tries to get all "schoolteachery" by simply looking for "GRAMATICAL" errors or wants to ridicule about "writing styles".

DEBATE "YOUR POINT".

Do it in a DIGNIFIED MANNER.

Keep it to "the subject" that we are here for.

Fuck me I can do "banter" with anybody whos up for it (as those that really know me will testify) but whats simply happening now is a certain poster has just become totally obsessed with commenting on my writing.....and unfortunately you seem to think its prudent to join in?!

Im not going to pursue this any further as I have CLEARLY STATED what it is I COME ON FOR.....equally I have said WHAT I( and im sure the vast majority of people) DONT come on for.

Cheers.

You fucking tell him Putridman :i am genuinely

Unknowledgable turd loses again.

Challenge me on a footy one (know it will be out your depth) but give it a go.

You never know where it might lead!!
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:20 pm

Newmarket wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:

Now the summer BEFORE last when Ayew was available on a free would of been good business but no , we were too tight to pay the wages , but THIS summer , we spend £20m on him when we didn't need him ffs .

A striker he ain't .[/quote

So was he somebody you would have signed " the summer before
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Porterman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote:The issue I have,is paying £20 million pounds for a bench player. Why do other clubs mug West Ham off ?

When we needed a winger and he cost fuck all YES .
However we may be able to use him now , on the left , if Payet is played in the no.10 position which suits him .
Then we may see the return of their successful Marseille partnership ....
1 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Porterman wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Look mate I really couldnt give a flying fuck what you or your fellow "countryman" think of me or otherwise.

I come on here (and go to the games) to meet like minded Hammers fans who" want to debate" West Ham (and even football or the world in general).

WHAT I CANT BE FUCKED WITH is when some smart arse tries to get all "schoolteachery" by simply looking for "GRAMATICAL" errors or wants to ridicule about "writing styles".

DEBATE "YOUR POINT".

Do it in a DIGNIFIED MANNER.

Keep it to "the subject" that we are here for.

Fuck me I can do "banter" with anybody whos up for it (as those that really know me will testify) but whats simply happening now is a certain poster has just become totally obsessed with commenting on my writing.....and unfortunately you seem to think its prudent to join in?!

Im not going to pursue this any further as I have CLEARLY STATED what it is I COME ON FOR.....equally I have said WHAT I( and im sure the vast majority of people) DONT come on for.

Cheers.

You fucking tell him Putridman :i am genuinely

Unknowledgable turd loses again.

Challenge me on a footy one (know it will be out your depth) but give it a go.

You never know where it might lead!!

Hopefully sex :P
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

However we may be able to use him now , on the left , if Payet is played in the no.10 position which suits him .

...their Marseille partnership...I heard no lady was safe around the docks after training..,
1 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Porterman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

Having no transfer fee doesn't mean he cost 'fuck all', his bonus for signing for Swansea was an eye watering amount.
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”