West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
palerider

Re: West Ham v Burnley - Official Match Thread

Postby palerider » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Really poor second half.Play like that and Hull will beat us. Just when a decent 2-0 or 3-0 win would have done wonders for confidence it's almost back to square one. Obviously pleased with the points as Burnley will be down there come May, but something's wrong. Ignoring Domzale, four home wins all 1-0.

It may be getting used to the stadium, it may be Bilic, it's certainly nerves but it's almost Allardyce territority at home.

No wonder there were empty seats.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

MeppyMepz

Postby MeppyMepz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:22 pm

so that's what a clean sheet feels like haha COYI!!!!
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm hoping this win plus a draw last week will give us the confidence to move forward. Hopefully the players are turning up for training. Randolph again is the man of the match for me saving us a victory. :)
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Let's face it anybody who went to that match expecting a classic must be deluded. Burnley showed no attacking intent until they went behind and that, added to the inevitable nerves factor and helped by some unbelievably weak refereeing, ensured that creativity would go out of the window. Plus of course Carroll was in from the start which inevitably means hoofball.

Still 3 points is 3 points. They count the same whatever the quality of the match. Hopefully the nerves will settle a bit and we see an improved performance on Saturday.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Still not home!
Got the 9 year old George with me!
At least we won!
Just ;) whufc_crest
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 pm

See you all Saturday :D
0 x

Porterman

Postby Porterman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:I thought we were magnificent.

You'really not supposed to critical on here apparently!!

Excellent grammar, mate.

Here he is.

True to form.

" Quick, quick Oz.....you can get the pocket money off the primary kids later"!!!
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 am

Porterman wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Porterman wrote:I thought we were magnificent.

You'really not supposed to critical on here apparently!!

Excellent grammar, mate.

Here he is.

True to form.

" Quick, quick Oz.....you can get the pocket money off the primary kids later"!!!

I was being nice, mate.

I want us to be friends
1 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:41 am

Whiskyman wrote:Let's face it anybody who went to that match expecting a classic must be deluded. Burnley showed no attacking intent until they went behind and that, added to the inevitable nerves factor and helped by some unbelievably weak refereeing, ensured that creativity would go out of the window. Plus of course Carroll was in from the start which inevitably means hoofball.

Still 3 points is 3 points. They count the same whatever the quality of the match. Hopefully the nerves will settle a bit and we see an improved performance on Saturday.

I think that until we get a "footballing" centre forward (or Sakho back) that's the way it's going to be so I think people had best start getting used to it .

And as promising as young Fletcher's future might seem , he is a junior version of AC .
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:55 am

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Let's face it anybody who went to that match expecting a classic must be deluded. Burnley showed no attacking intent until they went behind and that, added to the inevitable nerves factor and helped by some unbelievably weak refereeing, ensured that creativity would go out of the window. Plus of course Carroll was in from the start which inevitably means hoofball.

I think that until we get a "footballing" centre forward (or Sakho back) that's the way it's going to be so I think people had best start getting used to it .

And as promising as young Fletcher's future might seem , he is a junior version of AC .

I beg to differ good sir. From the little I've seen of Fletcher he is comfortable with the ball at his feet and a hell of a lot more mobile than Carroll. I've always considered Carroll a very good player in the air but extremely limited in other aspects of the game.

Completely agree with you re Sakho.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Return to “Match Day Threads”