Taansend

Leicester v West Ham (away)- Official Match Thread

Postby Taansend » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 pm

STREAMS

VIPL

IronsTV

Cric

Stream2

Apparently there's an area of Leicester which is the most racially diverse in the UK. And this is borne out when you look at the demographic breakdown. Only 45% of the population are White British while 28% of the locals are of Indian origin.

Sir Richard Attenborough is from Leicester. Him growing up with so many Indian mates is probably why he made the film Gandhi, which is about an Indian bloke who invented Weight Watchers. I bet that Attenborough never has to pay for a curry when he goes out in his hometown.

Also from Leicester is Una Stubbs, Gary Lineker, David Attenborough, Engelbert Humperdinck, Showaddywaddy & Meyrick Edward Clifton James who was a soldier that looked like Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery. Clifton James was actually born in Australia but ended up in Leicester. But he worked for Army Intelligence impersonating Monty.

Overall we have played Leicester 126 times, winning 51 & losing 45. We are currently on a 4 game winless streak against them although we were hard done by in the last game - a 2-2 draw at their place. In the last eight games one, or both, teams have scored two goals. There's actually only been one nil nil draw this century.

Looking back at some of the higher scoring games we beat them 4-3 in 1998 when Samassi Abou got a brace for us (along with 1 each from Lampard & Sinclair) while Tony Cottee got a brace for them (& 1 for Heskey). If anyone is interested that was on May 10th which was a Sunday. I was in St Thomas in the Virgin Islands on that day.

We also beat them 4-1 on New Years Day 1987 and Tony Cottee scored a brace for us :D The attendance that day was 16,625. I bet we have a few more watching our home game against Man Utd this New Years Day.

Also, on the day I was 2 months old we beat them 4-0 when a brace from Brian Dear wrapped things up in a team that included Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst, Billy Bonds, John Charles & some bloke named Bobby Moore. We finished that season in 8th position while Leicester ended up relegated along with QPR. The top six were Leeds, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea & Tottenham. Things have changed a lot since then :i am genuinely amused:

Leicesters league form this season is what most expected from them last season. They are averaging less than a point a game and sit in 16th. They did qualify comfortably from their Champions League group & I think that has kept the crowd from being as harsh as they might have been. They absolutely destroyed Man City 3 weeks ago but that is their only win since October 22nd (9 games). In that time they've lost to Sunderland, Watford, West Brom and Bournemouth among others.

They scored 23 goals & let in 31 which is almost identical to us (23,32) & look like they are really missing Kante, who has helped Chelsea to 12 wins on the trot.

Bilic seems to have turned things around with three wins in a row although we still haven't been playing anywhere like last season. We went back to a flat back four for Swansea so we'll see if he keeps that formation again. He'll have some choices to make in regards to Obiang & Lanzini and also the decent cameos from Fernades & Feghouli.

I think we'll see the same team that started today but who knows.

Randy
Nordtveit Reid Ogbog Cresswell
Antonio Noble Kouyate Ayew
Payet
Carroll

Seeing as four of the last six games between us have ended up 2-1 I'll stick with that result but I think we'll be the winners of this one.
4 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Re: West Ham v Leicester - Official Match Thread

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Cheers Taans
I reckon 2.1 to the team that can't stop winning!
Then onto a great day v Man U on the 2nd!
COYI.
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Confidence must surely be high amongst the team at the moment so a 2-1 win for us. COYI!!

Even though he's a bit hit & miss, AC, aka sicknote, must make a huge difference to how the opposition plan against us now he's starting games. If he stays fit it could be a very happy new year.
1 x

Ibbyham

Postby Ibbyham » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Not going to be easy this match as Leicester will do better than they did today against Everton so expect a tough match and hope West Ham do better in passing and more tighter. Expect to see Lanzini and Obiang back is a massive plus so Bilic will probably put 3-4-2-1 but I preferred 4-2-3-1 like today.

Randolph: Reid, Ogbonna, Kouyate: Antonio, Cresswell, Noble, Obiang: Payet, Lanzini: Carroll.

Hope to get a draw at least.
0 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:12 pm

I do enjoy reading your match threads Taans.......good work.... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Oziron wrote:I do enjoy reading your match threads Taans.......good work.... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

That's very kind of you :oops:
1 x

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Taansend wrote:
Oziron wrote:I do enjoy reading your match threads Taans.......good work.... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

That's very kind of you :oops:

That's your one compliment for the year cunty..... :o :o :o
1 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:24 pm

tassiehammer wrote:Confidence must surely be high amongst the team at the moment so a 2-1 win for us. COYI!!

Even though he's a bit hit & miss, AC, aka sicknote, must make a huge difference to how the opposition plan against us now he's starting games. If he stays fit it could be a very happy new year.

AC is playing well for us so far!.. He's earned his West Ham shirt for sure!!!
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:27 pm

3.1 to West Ham !!! :shock: ... We now have confidence!! :)
0 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 pm

Bollocks, I've just realised that I won't see either game this weekend due to work.

Now I'm angry :(
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”