Leicester v West Ham (away)- Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
ToneLoc

Re: West Ham v Leicester - Official Match Thread

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Disappointing result, plenty of work to do for sure and RB and CF STILL needs addressing urgently....... but a few weeks back when we were languishing 2nd bottom.... if you'd have predicted we'd be 8 points above the drop zone on New Years Eve I would have checked what you've been smoking.
So, all in all......it's not so bad and bring on the red Mancs Monday.
Let's see if the fuckers can arrive on time this time.
0 x
When Bobby George walks into town, Clint Eastwood walks out

frogiron

Postby frogiron » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:
frogiron wrote:I thought it was pretty awful if I take off my claret and blue specs for a minute.

We have a panicky defense, and uncreative midfield, and a toothless attack. Lot's of effort, no incisiveness.

It's a bit depressing.

As that cheeky tyke Jean-Jacques Burnel used to warble in the 80s, "Something's gotta change".

Can't win every game or play well every game, but we gotten praise for winning - 3 on the bounce, but we only played well in 2 or those 3 games. In my mind we played better versus Liverpool with that 2-2 draw than we did in any of our wins. Swansea are shocking and are going down bar some minor miracle.

January is a good chance to shift what deadwood we can out the door, I wouldn't go crazy spending money, team does not need major surgery yet...

I take your point, mate. And you are probably right.

And I do accept that, if we can attract a decent player or two in the winter transfer period, then things may look brighter.

I am just hungry to see a game where we are convincing winners. Not winners by virtue of a single moment of luck or brilliance, or a penalty (dodgy or otherwise), or because the other team are awful.

And I cannot escape the fear that the trip to the bottom takes three wins for a few clubs, and three losses for us. It's that tight.

I do believe we have ridden our luck so far this season.

Are we convincingly mid-table? Not sure. And not overly confident with what I've seen thus far.

Hopefully, I'm just a miserable old cunt though. :)
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:27 pm

frogiron wrote:
Hildreth_1101 wrote:
frogiron wrote:I thought it was pretty awful if I take off my claret and blue specs for a minute.

We have a panicky defense, and uncreative midfield, and a toothless attack. Lot's of effort, no incisiveness.

It's a bit depressing.

As that cheeky tyke Jean-Jacques Burnel used to warble in the 80s, "Something's gotta change".

Can't win every game or play well every game, but we gotten praise for winning - 3 on the bounce, but we only played well in 2 or those 3 games. In my mind we played better versus Liverpool with that 2-2 draw than we did in any of our wins. Swansea are shocking and are going down bar some minor miracle.

January is a good chance to shift what deadwood we can out the door, I wouldn't go crazy spending money, team does not need major surgery yet...

And I do accept that, if we can attract a decent player or two in the winter transfer period, then things may look brighter.

I am just hungry to see a game where we are convincing winners. Not winners by virtue of a single moment of luck or brilliance, or a penalty (dodgy or otherwise), or because the other team are awful.

And I cannot escape the fear that the trip to the bottom takes three wins for a few clubs, and three losses for us. It's that tight.

Are we convincingly mid-table? Not sure. And not overly confident with what I've seen thus far.

I can't argue over the last bit.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Noni wrote:We need to put pressure on our starts, both 1st half and 2nd which seems to be lacking. Put pressure on straight away.. Apart from that, I thought WH put a better performance in then other games despite losing winning a lot of balls. Again mistakes were made!!... Reid should of left AC alone as he was on target for a goal and equalizer... whufc_crest

Agree totally but very difficult with a slowcoach in midfield !!
0 x

frogiron

Postby frogiron » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:28 pm

palerider wrote:
frogiron wrote:
Hildreth_1101 wrote:

I can't argue over the last bit.

Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner

:)
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:32 pm

Three subs today..... Fernandes, Lanzini, Feghouli.
I didn't catch the whole subs bench...... did we have any strikers on there?

Feghouli's fucking of to the ACON as is Ayew.....
Should Bilic have given Fletcher 20 minutes today???

Chasing a game and still not putting on a striker....when you only have Carroll up front????
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:36 pm

We seemed to lack any sort of idea today
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:38 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Three subs today..... Fernandes, Lanzini, Feghouli.

Chasing a game and still not putting on a striker....when you only have Carroll up front????

Feghouli has been left out of the final Algeria squad and is now free to light up the iconic London stadium if selected
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:53 pm

Gonzo wrote:We seemed to lack any sort of idea today

Sometimes I still feel Slav's just throwing on players without any real strategic intent behind the subs.
None of the subs appeared to really change anything.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:54 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Three subs today..... Fernandes, Lanzini, Feghouli.

Feghouli has been left out of the final Algeria squad and is now free to light up the iconic London stadium if selected

Ah words of comfort :)
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”