Leicester v West Ham (away)- Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
teddybard

It has done nothing

Postby teddybard » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:58 pm

To alter my view before hand that Anthony Taylor is a C*nt
although to be fair he's a c*nt to everyone
including himself.
We should have finished with 10( Noddy's tackle was a bit rash)
Huth should have had 3 yellows.

Etc.
0 x
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

frogiron

Re: West Ham v Leicester - Official Match Thread

Postby frogiron » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:58 pm

askimhammer wrote:Absolutely brilliant, Frog - to such a degree that I postd your post on the Norwegian Hammers forum to share my joy from reading it. :) :)

:)
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:04 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:We seemed to lack any sort of idea today

Sometimes I still feel Slav's just throwing on players without any real strategic intent behind the subs.
None of the subs appeared to really change anything.

I thought Lanzini did well for noble. The guy is tiny and he battled well in there and looked to get things going. I do prefer him coming on with 30 mins to go and injecting something extra.I guess he could have replaced Kouyate with obiang ,Fernandes for Ayew and pushed Lanzini up with Antonio and Carrol with Payet in behind. Let them stay up and keep Obiang and Fern as DM.. Always easy after. They walloped Man City here a little while back, when they are on they are a very decent team. Not as good as last year but decent.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:06 pm

It's my fault because I'm at work.

And I'll be working on Monday too :(
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:10 pm

Taansend wrote:It's my fault because I'm at work.

And I'll be working on Monday too :(

Stop moaning Taans,works good for you :D
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:12 pm

ToneLoc wrote:

Sometimes I still feel Slav's just throwing on players without any real strategic intent behind the subs.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure he'll get a new contract Tone. 6 months left on the current deal and it's unconvincing at the moment.
0 x

Chicken Runner

Postby Chicken Runner » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 pm

palerider wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Fucking embarrassing watching Carroll play football sometimes . . . . . . . . . in the box heading is fine but his outfield play is a hindrance

Fucking lump is now getting involved when he doesn't need to in the box

Feghoulis ball all day long

There are times you can see why Rodgers got rid so easily.

Absolutely!! He just doesn't offer anything and imo influences our offence in a negative way.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:26 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Sometimes I still feel Slav's just throwing on players without any real strategic intent behind the subs.

Correct changes in personnel....just timing of Kouyate sub was too late as he was shite. Problem is the changes being tactical rather then whom. I thought, great Feghouli on, Antonio in box with Carroll, crosses..........fuck all crosses came, same tippy tappy bollocks. Lanzini hits a 25 yard pass right through middle of pitch, onto Carrolls chest and causes panic.......so simple. Yet we insist on passing the ball 100 times.

Look at their goal, 3 quick passes, a cross and a goal. Easy.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:32 pm

Gonzo wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure he'll get a new contract Tone. 6 months left on the current deal and it's unconvincing at the moment.

It's frustrating Kris because we all really like the bloke and i'm WILLING him to start nailing some of this stuff.
In fairness, Leicester did look a bit more like the side of last season and threw everything into that game so they were always going to be hard to break down.
Whilst the starting line was hard to disagree with it's hard to see what Slav had in mind for the subs
Noble was enforced so Slav went DM for an AM.
Followed by Feghouli and Fernandes.
Suddenly we're flooded with attack minded midfielders on the pitch with a lone target man up front.

Again...in fairness to Slav he has little to work with regarding natural strikers but wasn't Fletcher worth a go up with Carroll??

I'm NO strategist or tactician but that's the way I saw it through my own layman eyes :)
1 x
I suppose that now isn't the best time to ask... "who was Keyser Soze?"

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:36 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Sometimes I still feel Slav's just throwing on players without any real strategic intent behind the subs.

It's frustrating Kris because we all really like the bloke and i'm WILLING him to start nailing some of this stuff.
In fairness, Leicester did look a bit more like the side of last season and threw everything into that game so they were always going to be hard to break down.
Whilst the starting line was hard to disagree with it's hard to see what Slav had in mind for the subs
Noble was enforced so Slav went DM for an AM.
Followed by Feghouli and Fernandes.
Suddenly we're flooded with attack minded midfielders on the pitch with a lone target man up front.

Again...in fairness to Slav he has little to work with regarding natural strikers but wasn't Fletcher worth a go up with Carroll??

I'm NO strategist or tactician but that's the way I saw it through my own layman eyes :)

For what Ayew offers in the middle, might as well start with Fletch and Carrol and bench Ayew.
Again everything revolves around Payet. He won't do that because he starts with Antonio and Payet and that only leaves 2 DM's leaving us weak because the above mentioned are not tacklers. Take Payet out the equation and you have Fletcher up with Carrol. Antonio free pass in behind and 3 mid players behind him ... Obiang... Kouyate Lanzini/ Fernandes.
To be honest most of them players are not on Payet's wave length. There was a moment in that game where Payet had the ball down the left around 30 yards out and was closed down by 3 players. he looked for Antonio who was marked in the box to run towards him so he could poke the ball through the gap which he did anyway but it went no where because Antonio couldn't anticipate that. Same with Ayew he isn't on the same frequency as him. We need to let Payet go because the payers around him bar Lanzini are not technically good enough to play off him.
Maybe then we wont go sideways so much untill a pass to Payet becomes visible. Let Lanzini , Fernandes, Obiang, Kouyate and Noble step up and play more positively .
Also we will play more direct like the moment Lanzini came on and put Carrol thought. Sorry but we are not good enough to tip toe around in that middle waiting for Payet to create something
Last edited by IronsForever on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Match Day Threads”