West Ham v Manchester Utd - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Taansend

West Ham v Manchester Utd - Official Match Thread

Postby Taansend » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:25 am

I'm writing this on Friday night (well, about 1 am Saturday morning) as I might be unable to before the game on Monday if I leave it :D

First off, here's one persons choice of Man Utds all time best 11. I'm not 100% sure what their formation is meant to be though. And where is Giggs?

Schmeichel
Ferdinand Stam Byrne
Ronaldo Edwards Robson Best
Charlton
Cantona Law

Now here's West Ham's all time best 11 (according to our fans asked in 2003).

Parkes
Stewart Martin Moore Dicks
Bonds
Peters Brooking Devonshire
Hurst Di Canio

If those two teams played what would the score be, in your 'umble opinion? And who would your best 11 (of either team) be?

Anyway, back to the game. This will be the seventh time we have played Manchester United the last 13 months. Let's just say that again......

THIS WILL BE THE SEVENTH TIME WEST HAM PLAYED MAN UTD SINCE DECEMBER 2015!!!

In those 6 games (prior to Monday) we have won one, drawn three & lost two. However, we are unbeaten in the league, drawing in the two games at their ground while beating them in that memorial last home game for us.

What are your memories of that game? I went to a place called Buffalo Wild Wings which is a chain Sports Bar. I got there an hour early (after a late night) & they had the game on a massive screen & had the sound on over the whole massive bar for me. The game was delayed because you cunts kicked off and I hadn't even eaten breakfast, so by the time the game started at about 4pm my time I was fucking hammered :D

Prior to those 6 games we had only beaten them ONCE in the previous 16 games as part of an overall record of 43 wins, 30 draws & 63 losses. We did win the first ever game in 1911 (2-1 in the FA Cup).

Nine days before I was born we drew 1-1 at their place. Law scored for them & Hurst for us. All 22 players on the pitch were from the British Isles.

As of now, Man U are on a decent roll. They're still 6th but have been quietly closing the gap on the teams above them (not named Chelsea) over the last couple of months. They are undefeated in their last 11 games in all competitions and have won their last four league games in an unbeaten stretch going back nine games. They've only lost won of their last 13 league games - when they got spanked by Chelsea.

Ibrahimovic is playing great, Pogba is starting to show his form & Mkhitaryan seems to be a game changer for them (as they say in the States). A top four place is a real possibility - which really should be the minimum bar for them considering the money spent.

They also have serious strength in depth with players like Maritial, Smalling, Depay, Rashford, Fellaini and others not even starting most games.

Couple that with our poor displays at home and we could be in trouble. However, with our team also coming into form we could also do a repeat of the video below

I'm not going to put in a team or prediction now as I'll wait until after the Leicester game if I am not too drunk over the hours in between.

I will miss both games as I am working both Saturday & Monday :( This makes Taansend sad as I'd like to see both.

2 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Re: West Ham v Manchester Utd - Official Match Thread

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:36 am

You sure know how to start a match thread Taans? :i am genuinely amused: Nice info!
1 x

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:12 am

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:You sure know how to start a match thread Taans? :i am genuinely amused: Nice info!

Just tell us your fucking score in the All Time Greats match up :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:12 am

Taansend wrote:
JustLikeMyDreams wrote:You sure know how to start a match thread Taans? :i am genuinely amused: Nice info!

Just tell us your fucking score in the All Time Greats match up :i am genuinely amused:

Fucking hell Taans patients :i am genuinely amused:
Unsurprisingly I am going 2.1 to the hammers :D
I love a 2.1 to the cockney boys! ;)
1 x

irishhammer

Postby irishhammer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:51 am

one can not jump to a game after the next one,same as backing a horse one at a time,and with the weekend ahead one wont be able to post any result,so i say forget this one and move on.today is leicester,guinness and hugs and kisses,this will go on until work on wednesday.so taans shakeass and ps,roy keane was utd best midfielder ffs robson :oops:
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:52 am

With Kouyate back in the middle , i am looking forward to it. The lads are more confident now so lets put it on them and go for a 3-1 home win. Repeat of the Chelsea game with 1 more goal! Carroll 2 Goals and a payet free kick""
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

redhammer
Site Admin

Man Utd Preview (7.30)

Postby redhammer » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Me, Gonzo and Young Tom discuss our first game of 2017 as we play Man Utd on Monday

3 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 am

..........................Randy..............................

.......... . ..Reid.............Oggy................

...Kouyate....................................................Cress.........

..... ... .Fernandes........Obiang...................

.........................Lanzini..............................

.............Antonio..................Payet..............

.........................Fletcher........................ ( no way Carrol can do all 3 games over xmas )
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:57 am

Nice post Taans, I like these. As for score in your little game-no idea, never seen majority play!!

As for this one, Slav needs to make some changes-tactically and for fatigue, we seem to be very unfit (or we just run for sake of running or something, am not sure) but Lanzini & Obiang must come back into the XI, I think Fernandes needs and deserves to start. He comes on & looks better than Noble/Kouyate/Obiang....what else does he have to do?

Also Carroll, I do not like idea of him playing 180 minutes in 3 days. Whether you think he should be able to or not is not the arguement here, it is the fact he is very injury prone, with only Fletcher & Martinez in reserve, I don't think he should start.

Looking forward to this one. Ayew & Cheik need to put AFCON to one side though, I wonder if they had one eye on it against Lecisster as neither seemed overly committed in tackles etc, Leicester bullied us.

I'll go 2-2 and a good, entertaining 2-2 at that.
1 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:23 pm

redhammer wrote:Nice post Taans, I like these. As for score in your little game-no idea, never seen majority play!!

As for this one, Slav needs to make some changes-tactically and for fatigue, we seem to be very unfit (or we just run for sake of running or something, am not sure) but Lanzini & Obiang must come back into the XI, I think Fernandes needs and deserves to start. He comes on & looks better than Noble/Kouyate/Obiang....what else does he have to do?

Also Carroll, I do not like idea of him playing 180 minutes in 3 days. Whether you think he should be able to or not is not the arguement here, it is the fact he is very injury prone, with only Fletcher & Martinez in reserve, I don't think he should start.

Looking forward to this one. Ayew & Cheik need to put AFCON to one side though, I wonder if they had one eye on it against Lecisster as neither seemed overly committed in tackles etc, Leicester bullied us.

I'll go 2-2 and a good, entertaining 2-2 at that.

Is Kouyote not gone already Geo ?
Also , any idea when Bilic will be able to submit the amended 25 man PL squad list ? Otherwise Martinez is going on loan I reckon .
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”