Match Thread Boro

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
JayK

Re: Match Thread Boro

Postby JayK » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Hammershark wrote:
JayK wrote:I think the score papers over cracks. Very happy with a 3-1 win but man did we l :look sloppy and everywhere for a lot of that 2nd half. Not as convincing as it looks.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Sloppy :i am genuinely amused: ... as long as they win 3-1 every week.

The result is most important, for sure. I might have to hire a doctor on standby for match days in future though :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
COYI!!!

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Excellent result... Thought we made a few mistakes after Carrol went off. Good Substitution by Bilic bringing Colins on... whufc_crest
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:27 pm

JayK wrote:I think the score papers over cracks. Very happy with a 3-1 win but man did we look sloppy and everywhere for a lot of that 2nd half. Not as convincing as it looks.

Can't disagree with that. Against the better teams Byram and Cresswell aren't good enough defensively play in a 4-4-2.

That said 3 points is 3 points and I'm pleased to see Mr Carroll pushing some of my criticism of him back down my throat. Some excellent defensive work from him as well as his 2 goals. But how long will the latest "tweak" keep him,out for.

Honourable mention for Calleri, apart from his awful shot just after coming on. When we needed the ball holding up in the last few minutes he made himself available and played intelligently.

A decent team effort over all. But we still need a good RB imo. Not as cover for Byram but as a replacement until the kid is ready for regular selection.

And in our now fairly comfortable league position maybe it will be a good time to slowly introduce one or two of our more promising youngsters for a few cameo performances.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Morseman

Postby Morseman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Is Andy Carroll injured?
1 x

Thailandkev

Re: Match Review (live at full time)

Postby Thailandkev » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Great result , thought we looked pretty comfortable until we lost noble and Carroll .
My man of the match was Andy Carroll but all put a shift in tbh .
Only downside is Carroll going off with a groin injury hope it's not too bad .
Great end to end match if you were a neutral watching that
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
JayK wrote:I think the score papers over cracks. Very happy with a 3-1 win but man did we look sloppy and everywhere for a lot of that 2nd half. Not as convincing as it looks.

Can't disagree with that. Against the better teams Byram and Cresswell aren't good enough defensively play in a 4-4-2.

That said 3 points is 3 points and I'm pleased to see Mr Carroll pushing some of my criticism of him back down my throat. Some excellent defensive work from him as well as his 2 goals. But how long will the latest "tweak" keep him,out for.

Honourable mention for Calleri, apart from his awful shot just after coming on. When we needed the ball holding up in the last few minutes he made himself available and played intelligently.

A decent team effort over all. But we still need a good RB imo. Not as cover for Byram but as a replacement until the kid is ready for regular selection.

And in our now fairly comfortable league position maybe it will be a good time to slowly introduce one or two of our more promising youngsters for a few cameo performances.

In Byrams defence, he was up against a quick motherfucker today but in another game he coulda had a couple of yellows. He got lucky.

Cresswell was definitely out of sorts today but he was fine in a 4 man defence last year.

Calleri done ok but definitely lacks confidence in front of goal where a striker with confidence would've had a shot, he chose to pass to Fernandes. No fault in that, just saying lack of confidence in front of goal showed. Incidentally, how shit was Fernandes ball across the goal in that move?

On a side note...
I know a lot of people slate Noble and that's fair enough but when he went off, we didn't look too sure in the middle there.
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Morseman wrote:Is Andy Carroll injured?

Yes, groin strain.
0 x
COYI!!!

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Flairon wrote:
Taansend wrote:The reason West Ham are winning is because of my chia seed consumption.

Now who is the fucking Hippy!?!

Fuck all hippy about chia seeds, mate.

Probably the most manly food around.
0 x

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Postby eastcoastclaret » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Feckin Charlie Nicholas is being a cunt on Sky. Talk about dismissive of West Ham! The cunts got nothing good to say about us and is marvelling about Boro and how unlucky they were....
Sometimes I wonder if the world really does have it in for us..... :(
0 x
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Brentwood Hammer

Postby Brentwood Hammer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Decent day out that Now on a train back to York

How shit must you be, Callerri has scored.....
0 x
Go easy,
Step lightly
Stay free

Return to “Match Day Threads”