Match Thread Boro

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
Morseman

Re: Match Thread Boro

Postby Morseman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:54 pm

JayK wrote:
Morseman wrote:Is Andy Carroll injured?

Yes, groin strain.

We are different quality when he plays, he should be our captain as he is everywhere, defence and attack. Hope not too serious and he's got some recovery time till Man City. Not sure why Calleri gets ahead of Fletcher though.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Morseman wrote:
JayK wrote:

Yes, groin strain.

We are different quality when he plays, he should be our captain as he is everywhere, defence and attack. Hope not too serious and he's got some recovery time till Man City. Not sure why Calleri gets ahead of Fletcher though.

Agree he did play well in both areas. Bit of a monster until his injury. I wouldn't take the captaincy from Noble though. Apparently Noble won more duels than anyone else today.
I heard Calleri has been excellent in training. Deserved his chance as he's not had many.
0 x
COYI!!!

Flairon

Re: Match Review (live at full time)

Postby Flairon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:07 pm

We all witnessed defensive frailties again. Do we general think that Fonte will go a long way to sorting that out.

At the end of the day, I am sure that we are all happy with the win.
0 x
Flairon

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:07 pm

I did like the way he steadied himself and took time to put Fernades in who m misplaced the pass to lanzini. He never had a rush of blood and shot or panicked he looked calm and played the right ball.. More to come from this guy and he is playing because he is only here for the season and is obviously chomping at the bit to get stuck in.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Morseman

Postby Morseman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:08 pm

JayK wrote:
Morseman wrote:
JayK wrote:
Yes, groin strain.

Agree he did play well in both areas. Bit of a monster until his injury. I wouldn't take the captaincy from Noble though. Apparently Noble won more duels than anyone else today.
I heard Calleri has been excellent in training. Deserved his chance as he's not had many.

Fair play to Calleri then, quietly going about his business with minimal fuss (actually I thought he had left) and gets a nice little goal to boot. Good on him for showing the team spirit we so much admire at WHU.
0 x

IRON-MAN ⚒

Postby IRON-MAN ⚒ » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:22 pm

JayK wrote:

Yes, groin strain.

bilic saying he is fine no problems
0 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Taansend wrote:
Flairon wrote:
Taansend wrote:The reason West Ham are winning is because of my chia seed consumption.

Now who is the fucking Hippy!?!

Fuck all hippy about chia seeds, mate.

Probably the most manly food around.

And how is your chia pet mate???
0 x
Flairon

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Castiron wrote:
JayK wrote:I think the score papers over cracks. Very happy with a 3-1 win but man did we look sloppy and everywhere for a lot of that 2nd half. Not as convincing as it looks.

1-3 away and not convincing? The home side are always going to get chances. We defended as a team, lost 2 influential palyers, and dug deep. Lets give them a bit of credit.

Let`s take in to account that Bora don`t concede a lot of goals,give us some credit.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:34 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Castiron wrote:
JayK wrote:I think the score papers over cracks. Very happy with a 3-1 win but man did we look sloppy and everywhere for a lot of that 2nd half. Not as convincing as it looks.

1-3 away and not convincing? The home side are always going to get chances. We defended as a team, lost 2 influential palyers, and dug deep. Lets give them a bit of credit.

Let`s take in to account that Bora don`t concede a lot of goals,give us some credit.

I'll admit to have not seen much of Boro but the commentators said they were playing a lot more open at the back than normal. I knew big Andy would unlock that defence even if they did play their normal way though.
And I did give credit. I've already said we dug in well to hold onto the 3 points
0 x
COYI!!!

belfasthammer

Postby belfasthammer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:34 pm

Brilliant results but defence is wobbly and maybe that is behind the Fonte signing Worried about Creswell not the player he was Bryan flakey and new RB needed. However a few short weeks ago we would have killed for a result like this. Get to 40pts asap and blood a few youngsters at the end of season COYI
0 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”