West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
palerider

Re: West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Postby palerider » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 pm

terrya1965 wrote:One thing we can honestly say is,we are not in the class of the Top 6.But we will give anyone else a decent game.

We just have to except that at the moment.They have all moved on from last season.

I don`t think we will ever compete unless we get real investment.

It may come one day,but for now we compete with the other 14 teams.

Yep.

You can set up to kick and frustrate. Sometimes you get lucky. But try to go toe to toe with City and you'll be found wanting.

Oil Wells v Dildos.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Shortshanks wrote:

He can only play half decent against lower teams when he's given plenty of time by his teammates. Against top teams he's out of his depth and a liability.

I think you can level that at the majority of the team. Why pick him out? Most were out of their depth.

In a difficult game I think he made more accurate passes than anyone else.
1 x

Athers-32

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby Athers-32 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:56 pm

redhammer wrote:I will have a natter with Athers & someone else after full time tonight!!

Always a fun show after a battering goodpost:)
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:58 pm

Mikeveep wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:

He can only play half decent against lower teams when he's given plenty of time by his teammates. Against top teams he's out of his depth and a liability.

I think you can level that at the majority of the team. Why pick him out? Most were out of their depth.

In a difficult game I think he made more accurate passes than anyone else.

I'm afraid when you are as slow as him then you haven't much option. This is just football talk not criticizing him as a person.
0 x

Athers-32

Postby Athers-32 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Also, Anthony will forever be known as "someone else" :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

irons1234

Postby irons1234 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 pm

great chat , shit game , depressed, need beer
0 x

Athers-32

Postby Athers-32 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 pm

irons1234 wrote:great chat , shit game , depressed, need beer

I'd be depressed as well if I looked like you...
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
IronsForever wrote:So what happened when City put 4 past Barcelona? Come on guys that team are miles ahead of us. We are competing against the clubs outside the top 6 until the day comes when we spend big. We set up wrong tonight in my opinion but what difference would it have made. I said in the week playing 3 offensive up high would leave us exposed.
Like i said also earlier i saw the whole Squad( no idea why) at 2pm today walking in the claret tracksuit over the blue bridge on isle of dogs and only 1 played had a smile on his face Antonio. The guys never fancied that tonight after leaking 8 against them in 2 games . The twins are happy for us to be 10th every year and suck in the revenue. Thats how it is.

I think they only put 2 against both Burnley and Watford at home quite recently

Maybe they stuck 1 up and overloaded the mid. We set up twice against these with 3 offensive players in Antonio,, Feggo and Carrol and it never worked. That leaves Lanzini who you want to play more up and create and Obiang and Noble in the center. Its not strong enough against a team that has players with pace and skill .
They pull you wide and split you open. We could have played Antonio up, dropped Carrol , overloaded the mid and lost 2 -0 also:)
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:
IronsForever wrote:So what happened when City put 4 past Barcelona? Come on guys that team are miles ahead of us. We are competing against the clubs outside the top 6 until the day comes when we spend big. We set up wrong tonight in my opinion but what difference would it have made. I said in the week playing 3 offensive up high would leave us exposed.
Like i said also earlier i saw the whole Squad( no idea why) at 2pm today walking in the claret tracksuit over the blue bridge on isle of dogs and only 1 played had a smile on his face Antonio. The guys never fancied that tonight after leaking 8 against them in 2 games . The twins are happy for us to be 10th every year and suck in the revenue. Thats how it is.

I think they only put 2 against both Burnley and Watford at home quite recently

Maybe they stuck 1 up and overloaded the mid. We set up twice against these with 3 offensive players in Antonio,, Feggo and Carrol and it never worked. That leaves Lanzini who you want to play more up and create and Obiang and Noble in the center. Its not strong enough against a team that has players with pace and skill .
They pull you wide and split you open. We could have played Antonio up, dropped Carrol , overloaded the mid and lost 2 -0 also:)

I don't think have anyone as slow in their midfields
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:I think they only put 2 against both Burnley and Watford at home quite recently

I don't think have anyone as slow in their midfields

I agree shanks but city pass it so slick between the lines with one touch control and that can make you look slow. I also think the wider pitch favors teams like City.

When city got beat against Chelsea they could have put 5 past them if they took chances. Against us they seem to put every chance in.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Match Day Threads”