West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
eskimo joe

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 am

JayK wrote:Cheers fellas. I missed tonight's game but good review. Just seen clips of the goals and omg fuckin Cresswell. The point you make about him being kidnapped at the England camp could be said about Antonio coz he wasn't at the races after going away with England and also Adrian's form dipped after his call up. Very strange.
What I did like about the review was Toms sudden realisation he done a Jesus joke :i am genuinely amused:

Southampton are hit with injuries so we got a chance against them. Fingers crossed

Some times think we use the England call up as a convenient excuse. Antonio 99% of the time gives his all.

I said it in another thread, I think Cresswells problem is in his head. He's got the post injury miindset. He hasn't really been the same since his return. He needs to sort it.

Well I am not going to cry about the result, I'm going to make up fairy stories about the game being a last exhalation of the Payet curse, one which saw us going into the game thinking we could do with him and playing like he was still there. Now its time to buckle under and get on with things the way they should be.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Castiron

Re: West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Postby Castiron » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:05 am

Feghouli looked like a player who had made it through the January transfer window and was quite happy about that!.
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:09 am

eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:Cheers fellas. I missed tonight's game but good review. Just seen clips of the goals and omg fuckin Cresswell. The point you make about him being kidnapped at the England camp could be said about Antonio coz he wasn't at the races after going away with England and also Adrian's form dipped after his call up. Very strange.
What I did like about the review was Toms sudden realisation he done a Jesus joke :i am genuinely amused:

Southampton are hit with injuries so we got a chance against them. Fingers crossed

Some times think we use the England call up as a convenient excuse. Antonio 99% of the time gives his all.

I said it in another thread, I think Cresswells problem is in his head. He's got the post injury miindset. He hasn't really been the same since his return. He needs to sort it.

Well I am not going to cry about the result, I'm going to make up fairy stories about the game being a last exhalation of the Payet curse, one which saw us going into the game thinking we could do with him and playing like he was still there. Now its time to buckle under and get on with things the way they should be.

I agree Antonio always puts in the effort. His performances did drop for a few games after his England call up though. That's all I was saying. A weird conincidence all 3 of Cresswell, Antonio and Adrian all losing something after their international call ups. You're probably right about Cresswell and his injury too.
0 x
COYI!!!

tugboatpete

Postby tugboatpete » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:30 am

The minute I heard we weren't going to close them down was it-wrong tactics yet again hes had almost 10 days to get the guys super fit for this one but to allow city time on the ball to pick their passes and allow them to play out from the back is suicide-and weve committed that twice now
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:56 am

JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

I agree Antonio always puts in the effort. His performances did drop for a few games after his England call up though. That's all I was saying. A weird conincidence all 3 of Cresswell, Antonio and Adrian all losing something after their international call ups. You're probably right about Cresswell and his injury too.

I hear you. I will just put my take on things be they right or wrong and its not knocking you.

Cresswells call up came not long after his return, and he did make a blunder on his first short appearance. The way we have been lately it is more encouraging to see Antonio put in the performances he has than to look for an excuse for the odd poor ones.

The only one i think imo fits the bill is Adrian, and i think it is a flaw in his character. It's not so much that i think he thinks he doesn't have to do more, in fact quite the opposite. He is a bit of a show man and he goes too far , to the point where he makes an ass of himself. The position we were in we didn't need an ass in goal but a solid dependable keeper like Randolph.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:02 am

eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

I hear you. I will just put my take on things be they right or wrong and its not knocking you.

Cresswells call up came not long after his return, and he did make a blunder on his first short appearance. The way we have been lately it is more encouraging to see Antonio put in the performances he has than to look for an excuse for the odd poor ones.

The only one i think imo fits the bill is Adrian, and i think it is a flaw in his character. It's not so much that i think he thinks he doesn't have to do more, in fact quite the opposite. He is a bit of a show man and he goes too far , to the point where he makes an ass of himself. The position we were in we didn't need an ass in goal but a solid dependable keeper like Randolph.

Agree what you say about Adrian, but I think he's always had that in him. Maybe it's not the call up but the fact he's a bad loser that turns him into an ass
0 x
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:08 am

JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:

Agree what you say about Adrian, but I think he's always had that in him. Maybe it's not the call up but the fact he's a bad loser that turns him into an ass

Indeed he has, trouble is he isn't good enough to get away with it, and like you suggest the rush of blood to his head brings the ass out of him.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:58 am

Bilic said beforehand that we wasn't going to chase Citeh around the pitch.

And he was true to his word .
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Just saw a few more highlights. Lovely ball from Carroll to Cresswell
0 x
COYI!!!

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:50 pm

David Gold thinks there was no shame in that result last night