West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
IronsForever

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby IronsForever » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Against teams we should beat Bilic gets it spot on! Against City Wednesday the system and tactics were suicidal .
We had Feggo who is the worst defensive midfielder this side of the Mississippi playing offensive with Antonio and Carrol.
Bilic obviously asked them to high press otherwise whats the point in playing them against a team where you are not going to see more than 35% possession. Carrol is so slow off the mark the guy he wants to put pressure on with the ball released it the previous week. Feggo doesn't know if he wants a shit or a shave against them players ,i saw him charge off last night when we had the ball in the middle leaving a gap for Jesus to exploit over and over.
Our most creative player Lanzini played too deep because we now only had Noble and Obiang to hold that middle. What a crazy system.
Wasn't it easier to play Antonio up with Carrol. Drop Lanzini in behind in the feggo role and play Fernandes ,, Noble and Obiang in that Mid? Forget the high press its not happening with Carrol and why would you want him to kill himself running lost causes.
You sit a tad deeper leaving Ant and Caroll up with Lanzini making himself busy around their last 3rd not deep in our half and let the more 3 solid players handle the middle.
At least if they score 1 or 2 we are still in the game. They have killed us before halftime last 2 visits and Bilic never learnt... Maybe if you play the right system and give the players a chance to compete you will see more passion and drive.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Grandad Hammer

Postby Grandad Hammer » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Stood out how big and wide the pitch is. Would like to know the measurements for here and UP. Man City with 3 fast players up front hugged the lines and used the immense space to attack full backs with pace. Hard to close down as space between defenders grows. Arsenal did the same.
We need players with pace for playing here, tricky and able to take on players. Antonio shows how to do this, but needs more control.
City and Arsenal have the players to do this. Will be interesting how Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool approach playing at OS.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Grandad Hammer wrote:Stood out how big and wide the pitch is. Would like to know the measurements for here and UP. Man City with 3 fast players up front hugged the lines and used the immense space to attack full backs with pace. Hard to close down as space between defenders grows. Arsenal did the same.
We need players with pace for playing here, tricky and able to take on players. Antonio shows how to do this, but needs more control.
City and Arsenal have the players to do this. Will be interesting how Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool approach playing at OS.

I can't remember who or where but somebody did post the 2 measurements on another thread. I remember It saying LS is longer and wider than UP
0 x
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:32 pm

JayK wrote:
Grandad Hammer wrote:Stood out how big and wide the pitch is. Would like to know the measurements for here and UP. Man City with 3 fast players up front hugged the lines and used the immense space to attack full backs with pace. Hard to close down as space between defenders grows. Arsenal did the same.

I can't remember who or where but somebody did post the 2 measurements on another thread. I remember It saying LS is longer and wider than UP

The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

terrya1965

Re: West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:47 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:David Gold thinks there was no shame in that result last night

Huge, huge problem if he really thinks that

It will be interesting to see if City put 4 or more past another team away from home the rest of this season.Then we`ll be able to put both our games at home to them in perspective.
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:49 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:

The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.

Thank you kind sir.

I coulda sworn the info I read earlier was different but considering I can't remember who said it or what thread, I'll go with what you say :)
0 x
COYI!!!

Porterman

Re: West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Postby Porterman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:David Gold thinks there was no shame in that result last night

Huge, huge problem if he really thinks that

It will be interesting to see if City put 4 or more past another team away from home the rest of this season.Then we`ll be able to put both our games at home to them in perspective.

They will not come up against a team that refuses( or is so inept it can't) tackle anybody in midfield.

Home or away.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:10 am

Is it not unreasonable to expect, that the team should have adapted to their new playing surface after 5 months ? or is it completely unfair to expect professional athletes to undertake change of this magnitude.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:13 am

BlackDiamond wrote:Is it not unreasonable to expect, that the team should have adapted to their new playing surface after 5 months ? or is it completely unfair to expect professional athletes to undertake change of this magnitude.

I think, if there's a vast difference in pace between the 2 teams, the size of the pitch will always be a problem.
0 x
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:24 am

JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:

Thank you kind sir.

I coulda sworn the info I read earlier was different but considering I can't remember who said it or what thread, I'll go with what you say :)

That was C and P, but further investigation shows The Boleyn 64 wide not 68.
0 x
You will never see good points whilst concentrating on the bad.

Return to “Match Day Threads”