West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Old Match Day Threads, Current one is under 'Football talk'
JayK

Re: LIVE review at full time

Postby JayK » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:35 am

eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.

Thank you kind sir.

I coulda sworn the info I read earlier was different but considering I can't remember who said it or what thread, I'll go with what you say :)

That was C and P, but further investigation shows The Boleyn 64 wide not 68.

Good work inspector :D
0 x
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:43 am

JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:
Thank you kind sir.

I coulda sworn the info I read earlier was different but considering I can't remember who said it or what thread, I'll go with what you say :)

Well the missus says i havent a CLUE SO....i proved her wrong.

Hat and coat.
0 x
God is playing a game of hide and seek with dire consequences.....Count me out!

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 am

JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:
I can't remember who or where but somebody did post the 2 measurements on another thread. I remember It saying LS is longer and wider than UP

The pitch at London Stadium is the standard size required by Premier League and UEFA Rules, 105 x 68m.

At the Boleyn Ground, the pitch was 100.5 x 68m as ground staff could not make the standard length due to the confines of the Stadium.

Thank you kind sir.

Guilty as charged sir . It would appear the PL have changed their rules in the last couple of years since what I posted from the Beeb website.
Dunno but does this favour top 6 clubs ? I know Spuds pitch is the smallest in the division .
Or at least it used to be and might explain their shit form at Wembley in the CL ?
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:46 am

eskimo joe wrote:
JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

Well the missus says i havent a CLUE SO....i proved her wrong.

Hat and coat.

Ahaha I love a bad joke :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
COYI!!!

JayK

Postby JayK » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:48 am

Newmarket wrote:
JayK wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

Thank you kind sir.

Guilty as charged sir . It would appear the PL have changed their rules in the last couple of years since what I posted from the Beeb website.
Dunno but does this favour top 6 clubs ? I know Spuds pitch is the smallest in the division .
Or at least it used to be and might explain their shit form at Wembley in the CL ?

Big pitches favour the nippy fuckers mate, that's all I know and it was proved Wednesday. But that was also against a slow team
0 x
COYI!!!

garnett

Re: West Ham v Manchester Citeh - Official Match Thread

Postby garnett » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:48 pm

FFS, a cunt in work was whinging about pitch size, stop looking for fucking excuses,
simple answer is we are nowhere near good enough to compete with the top half dozen if they are on form and City was brilliant, albeit with a lot help from ourselves.
As I say to my wife it's not about size it's about making the best of what you have, our pitch is comparable to the majority of Prem team's so there is no excuses home or away.

So stop fucking clutching at straws and get on with supporting our team.
1 x

Return to “Match Day Threads”